GATE Registration 2022 Last Date Extended - The application deadline for the GATE 2022 application form has been extended till the 28th of September 2021 so candidates who have not yet applied can apply to visit the official website of IIT Kharagpur gate.iitkgp.ac.in. All candidates can apply by paying late fees till October 1, 2021.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the gateway to get admission to the Master's program in different institutes and to secure a prestigious job in the PSUs. Aspirants can apply for the GATE 2022 exam in the GATE portal. IIT Kharagpur had activated the GATE 2022 registration link on 2nd September 2021. Candidates going to apply for the GATE exam can check the important details such as start & last date, fee structure, and application form process here.
GATE 2022 Registration Last Date without Late Fees
The last date to register for GATE 2022 without late fees is the 28th of September 2021 which is Rs. 1,500 for general candidates. Candidates can apply for GATE 2022 with Rs 2000 ( 1500 + 500 late fee) till the 1st of October.
GATE 2022 Registration Direct Link
A candidate who is willing to appear in one or two Papers should fill only one application form for GATE 2022. If a candidate fills multiple applications, only one application will be accepted and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund of fees paid.
What are the GATE 2022 Registration Last Dates?
Candidates can register for GATE 2022 till the 28th of September (extended) and candidates can also apply by paying late fees from September 25 to October 1, 2021
GATE 2022 Dates
GATE 2022 Notification Release Date
1st August 2021
GATE Registration 2022 Start Date
Last Date of Submission of GATE 2022 application form
24th September 2021 ( Extended to 28 September 2021 )
Last Date to fill the application with late fee
1st October 2021
Last Date for change of Category, Paper
12th November 2021
GATE Admit Card
3rd January 2022
5th February 2022
Announcement of Result
17th March 2022
What is the GATE Registration 2022 Process?
Confirm the details before submitting as they are not changeable in the next steps. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address and/or mobile number. Each successfully registered candidate will be provided with an Enrollment ID. The candidate will get an email with the GOAPS Enrollment ID. This Enrollment ID will be used for all future communication. The password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to log in to GOAPS to complete the application form.
- Candidates must register and submit their applications ONLY ONLINE using the GOAPS website.
- Basic details are required first to register and are provided below.
- Full Name (as per the valid photo ID, which candidate MUST bring in original while appearing for GATE 2022 examination at the examination centre)
- Valid E-mail address
- Mobile Number
- Creating a new password
After successful registration, log in to the GOAPS portal to fill the Application form for GATE. Read here GATE 2022 Login
Check here: How to Fill GATE 2022 Application Form?
GATE 2022 Registration: Application Fee
- Check here GATE 2022 application fee details for the examination centres inside and outside India. See also category-wise segregation of fee charges on last date & extended date of form submission.
- Find the fee information in tabular form to get a clear vision.
Fee for Examination Centres in India
During Registration Period
Female Candidates (per paper)
SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates (per paper)
All Other Categories (per paper)
Fee for Candidates with Foreign Nationality
During Registration Period
Centres in India
- Candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria before going forward to the phase of GATE 2022 registration.
- Check all the guidelines and instructions about personal & educational details, contacts, identity proof, scanned images pdf, signature details etc. before submitting the form.
- The GATE 2022 application fee charges will differ for the last date and extended date. The transfer and bank charges will be applicable as only the mode of Net Banking /Debit Card/ Credit Card is accepted.
How to Fill GATE Application Form 2022 Online?
To make the GATE 2022 registration successful, candidates need to check the complete information, instructions and data requirements as described below. Candidates should also make sure of the important steps that are necessary to go through before filling the GATE application form 2022 online.
- GATE account Registration through GOAPS here: https://appsgate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Application Form Filling Process
- Upload Required Documents
- Identity Proof
- Supporting Documents
- Category (SC/ST) Certificate
- A person with Disability (PWD) Certificate
- Dyslexia Certificate
- Eligibility Documents
- Photograph and Signature Requirements
- Preview of Application Form filled with required details
- Application Fee Payment Options
- Submit the GATE 2022 Application form.
What after GATE 2022 Registration?
- Most of the PSU'S will soon start their registration process for GATE 2022 so get all details of PSU'S through GATE from BYJU'S Exam Prep app which are updated daily.
- See exam pattern previous year analysis of GATE exam, previous year’s question papers, the syllabus of GATE 2022 Exam, study material, and test series.
- Set the weekly target and monthly target for GATE 2022 and revision is the key to crack GATE 2022 exam.
What are the Opportunities through GATE 2022?
In general, GATE Score is considered one of the main criteria to get admission in the various institutes in India and some foreign country. But there are also other opportunities rather than a masters program. We have listed out the following opportunities through GATE 2022.
- Admissions to the master program with financial assistance in India using valid GATE Score
- Admissions to the master program in foreign countries using valid GATE Score
- Admissions to PhD program with valid GATE Score as a criteria
- Shortlisting in PSUs recruitment using valid GATE Score
Information about GATE 2022
- IIT Kharagpur is the organizing institute for GATE 2022. Check Information for GATE 2022 in https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
- There will be a total of 29 papers instead of 27 papers in the GATE 2022 Exam. Two new papers as Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture and Geomatics Engineering will be introduced.
- Applicants in their third or higher year of any undergraduate degree are now eligible to appear in the GATE 2022 exam.
- Candidates are no longer needed to upload a thumb impression in the GATE online application form.
Role of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Candidates who are applying for the GATE 2022 exam first time should know the procedure of GOAPS. There are important details to access the GOAPS account which you need to know are GOAPS Registration, Enrollment ID & Password. With this process, the applicants can interact with their account to check the following:
- Application form
- Admit card
- Upload necessary documents
- Fee payment
- Status of approved and rejected applications
- Download Admit card
- View Answer Key, Marks & Score Card.
What is the Exam Pattern of GATE 2022?
Over the year GATE exam acquired its worth among the engineers. Many students are fascinated by the GATE exam, and it is one of the toughest exams in the current scenario. Take a look at the GATE 2022 Exam Pattern before proceedings to the Registration Process.
Computer Based Test (Online)
Number of Subjects
General Aptitude (GA)
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Questions for testing these abilities
Number of Questions
10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions
Distribution of Marks in all Papers
General Aptitude: 15 Marks
Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY,
General Aptitude: 15 Marks
1 or 2 marks for each correct answer
For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;
Related Important Resources:
- GATE 2022 Syllabus
- GATE Cut Off 2021
- GATE Question Papers PDF
- GATE Subject Wise Weightage for CE, EE, ME, CSE, ECE
How to Check the GATE Application Status 2022?
Once the GATE 2022 Application form is submitted, the authority starts scrutinizing it for the corrected and data accuracy. In case any discrepancy appears in the forms, the applicants will be informed through SMS or email. The candidates can check the GATE 2022 Application Status by logging at the GOAPS website with their respective credential details.
It’s informed that the application will be rejected if applicants don’t rectify the discrepancy within the given period of time. To check the Application Status candidates required following crucial details (keep noted):
- Enrollment ID
The above access details will be provided by the GOAPS website on your email or registered mobile number to access the account.
Accelerate your GATE 2022 preparations with BYJU's Exam Prep Online Classroom Program and get unlimited access to all structured live courses and mock tests:
All the Best