GATE 2023 Photo Size and Signature Guidelines
The candidates can conclude the GATE 2023 application procedure with the valid format of the photograph and signature, which is jpg or .jpeg. The GATE 2023 photo size and signature guidelines for adequate sizes are shared in the below table.
|Documents||Size||Dimensions (Width x Height)||Format|
|Photograph Size||5 KB -200 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||JPEG / JPG format|
|Signature Size||5 KB -200 KB||2 cm x 7 cm|
JPEG / JPG format
How to Upload Photo ID in GATE 2023 Application Form?
Candidates should only upload good-quality photographs per GATE 2023 photo and signature guidelines. The scorecard and admit card for GATE 2023 will contain the exact photograph the candidates submitted while filling out the GATE application form.
- A passport size (3.5 cm width × 4.5 cm height) photograph (containing the face) of the candidate is needed for the application form.
- The 60% - 70% of the photograph must be covered by the face of the candidates.
- The photograph's background must be covered with color and white background.
- Candidates must upload a photo that they must not cover with unfamiliar objects except spectacles with power like Sunglasses, Caps, Hats, Coloured glasses, etc.
- Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- The photograph should be like both the ears must be visible, and the photo must contain only the candidate's face.
|Minimum Aspect ratio||0.66|
|Maximum Aspect ratio||0.89|
|The maximum size for a photo in pixels||480x640|
|The minimum size for a photo in pixels||240x320|
|File size must be a minimum of||20 kb|
|File size must be a maximum of||200 kb|
Procedure to Upload Documents
Candidates must upload valid photo identity documents (IDs) during the application procedure and enter the document number specified while filling out the GATE application form. The maximum document size for the GATE 2023 application form is 500 KB. The photo ID mentioned below is.
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License.
The procedure for uploading the various certificates and documents for GATE application forms is shared below.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copy of the category certificate in pdf format.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copy of the PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copy of the Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- International candidates will have to upload only with a valid passport, government-issued ID, or driving license as the recognized identification document.
Important Instructions For GATE 2023 Photo Size and Signature Guidelines
The following instructions must be followed by the candidates.
- The invigilator must be present while a candidate is signing the photo.
- Additional copies of the passport-size photos that were used for GATE registration must be brought by candidates.
- A cap or goggles are not appropriate for the photo. Spectacles are acceptable if they are worn often.
- Applications lacking clear photos may be rejected.
- Upload your signature in flowing handwriting in the corresponding box on the form provided for this section.
Face not Found in GATE 2023 Application Form
The portal says the face is not found even after uploading the image per GATE 2023 specifications. So what is the procedure to resolve this? This GATE 2023 portal allows us to correct our application form.
- Based on the GATE 2023 Information brochure, the candidate can correct the details after submitting the application form.
- If GATE Candidate faces issues, ensure that you have modified the photo and uploaded a passport-size photograph in the color of the height of 4.5 cm and width of 3.5 cm. The face of the candidates should not be covered with sunglasses, a cap, colored glasses, etc.
GATE 2023 Signature Specifications
Candidates must upload the picture for a clear and visible signature in JPEG / JPG format in GATE 2023 application form with an aspect ratio. Height: Width = 1.0: A, where the value of A can be between 3.25 to 3.75. After cropping, the signature must cover 70-80% of the image.
- The candidate's signature must be in black or dark blue colour ink only.
- The file size of the signature is between 5 kB (minimum) and 200 kB (maximum).
- The signature of any person filling out the GATE application form will not be accepted.
- A professional scanner should scan the digital image of the signature inside the rectangular box.
- Do not take photographs with the mobile phone to avoid a signature with a dark background.
The maximum image size for the signature in pixels
The minimum image size for the signature in pixels
How to Resize GATE 2023 Image and Signature?
The candidates may face trouble while uploading the photo and signature on the GATE 2023 application form. However, the candidates can resize the image and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the brochure.
- Open any one of the image tool editors mentioned below or Paint on your computer.
- Then open the file through the computer.
- As mentioned in the article above, candidates must add the aspect custom ratio and dimensions for height and width.
- Then make the required modifications as per the GATE 2023 brochure.
- Save the image for uploading in the GATE 2023 application form.
Tools to Edit GATE 2023 Images
- Cam Scanner
- MS Paint etc
- Luna Pic
- Photo Pea
- Free Online Photo Editor
Also, Check here:
Commentswrite a comment