The GATE exam is jointly conducted by the seven IITs (Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Guwahati, Roorkee, and Madras) and IISc (Indian Institute of Science). The responsibility for the conduct and coordination of the GATE 2022 Exam has been given to IIT Kharagpur.
GATE 2022 - For Postgraduate Programs of Higher Studies
- If a candidate is seeking financial assistance during postgraduate programs in Engineering, Technology or Architecture, or a doctoral program in branches of Science in a centrally funded institution, a qualifying GATE score is vital. Depending on the particular institution practices, a candidate may be admitted for a program either based solely on his/her GATE score, or on the basis of the GATE score and an admission test or interview round.
- For admission in a postgraduate program based on GATE score and an interview round, 70-80%weightage shall be given to the GATE score, and 20%-30% to the test/interview.
- There are certain institutions that require a qualifying GATE score for admission into a program, even without a requirement for a scholarship or any financial assistance.
GATE 2022 – For Job Opportunity
- There are some public sector undertakings, like National Thermal Power Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Power Grid India, which screen a potential employee based on his/her GATE score.
- The GATE 2020 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on February 1-2, 2020 & February 8-9,2020 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
For Complete GATE Exam information, click the link below:
All interested candidates may join BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series to follow the study plan and practice the best mock tests:
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai..!