Best Engineering Mathematics Books For GATE
Engineering Mathematics books must be used by a candidate hoping to achieve a high score in the GATE exam. Therefore, choosing the best Engineering Mathematics books for the GATE exam will help you score satisfactorily and boost your confidence on the examination day.
When we check the GATE Engineering Mathematics syllabus, it appears enormous and conformable to take a long time to complete. However, if a candidate prepares it properly from the best Engineering Mathematics books for GATE exam, they can achieve a good score. Engineering Mathematics has the same 13 per cent weightage in every specialization, regardless of whether the candidate graduated in any of the following branches.
- GATE Civil Engineering
- GATE Mechanical Engineering
- GATE Electrical Engineering
- GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering
- GATE Computer Science Engineering or other GATE streams.
List of Best Engineering Mathematics Books For GATE Exam
Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal, Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig, and Advanced Engineering Mathematics by H K Dass are some of the best books from which direct questions have been asked in previous GATE exams. In addition, BYJU'S Exam Prep has shared the list of best Engineering Mathematics books for GATE exam, which will be helpful for the upcoming exam.
Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal
- It's a good book for undergraduate math and GATE preparation.
- It covers all the concepts necessary for GATE and other tests.
- In addition, each chapter includes theories, examples, and problems.
Essential Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- Every chapter includes easy-to-understand theory explanations and numerous step-by-step solved problems and examples.
- The questions were hand-picked from previous years' question papers and are appropriate for the current question pattern.
Advanced Engineering Mathematics by H K Dass
- Every aspect of the subject has been thoroughly covered.
- To better understand and familiarise myself with the norm and trend of questions set in examinations, about 1300 solved examples (including previous year questions from several universities) on various themes have been added.
- Over 2600 in-text exercise problems and book-end solved question papers provide ample opportunity to practice all the ideas covered.
List of Important Topics From Best Engineering Mathematics Books
Except for a few topics like transform theory in Electrical and Electronics and discrete mathematics in Computer Science Engineering, the Engineering mathematics syllabus is nearly identical for each specialization. Each chapter with the desired specialization has been described, along with a summary of the relevant topics for the GATE exam.
|Name of Chapter||Topics in Engineering Mathematics Books For GATE|
Eigenvalues and Vectors
Rank and Determinant of Matrices
Systems of Linear Equations
Maxima and Minima in single variable calculus
Gradient, Divergence, and Curls
Vector Integral Theorems
Bernoulli's Equation, Euler's Differential Equation
|Probability and Statistics|
Bayes' Theorem, Random Variables like Poisson's Distribution
Statistics, mean, median, mode
Coefficient of correlation
Residue Method of Integration and the Taylor series
Trapezoidal Rule and Simpson’s Rule
Newton-Raphson and Bisection method
Numerical integration techniques
Laplace and inverse Laplace transforms
Graph connectivity and colouring
Mathematical Logic, Relations, and Functions
Finding tautology, satisfiability, and equivalences of given propositional statements
Finding the number of edges, vertices, or components graph
Euler circuit, Hamiltonian cycle
Complete graph, bipartite graph, regular graph, cycle graph, and line graph
Important Formulas From Best Engineering Mathematics Books For GATE
BYJUS Exam Prep has shared all the Important Formulas for the GATE exam. We have prepared all important formulae from the best books for Engineering Mathematics for the GATE Exam. These PDFs will help candidates to learn formulae in a very fast way.
Download Important Formulas of Engineering Mathematics for GATE 2023
Commentswrite a comment