GATE (CE) 2022: BUILDING MATERIALS#58
Attempt now to get your rank among 493 students!
Question 1Multiple Correct Options
Presence of Na2O and K2O in concrete leads to
1) Expansive reaction in concrete.
2) Cracking of concrete.
3) Disruption of concrete.
4) Shrinkage of concrete.
Which of the above statements are correct?
Water : 184 kg/m3
Ordinary Portland cement (OPC): 368 kg/m3
Sand : 606 kg/m3
Coarse aggregate : 1155 kg/m3
Assume the specific gravity of OPC, sand and coarse aggregate top be 3.14, 2.67 and 2.74, respectively. The air content is ________ litres/m3.
1) Alumina imparts plasticity to the bricks
2) Silica prevents shrinkage of bricks
3) Magnesia is responsible for color of bricks.
1) They have distinct annular rings.
2) They are not resinous. Which of these characteristics of hardwood is/are correct.
- 493 attempts
- 0 upvotes
- 1 comment