GATE Application Form 2023 - Highlights
The GATE application form 2023 has been released on the official website. Filling out the GATE application form involves registration, filling out the form by uploading documents like mark sheets, college approval, Aadhar card, etc., and paying GATE application fees. The direct link to the GATE application form 2023 is given below.
The candidates must inspect the eligibility standards before filling out the GATE application form. The GATE committee conducts GATE to screen the candidates to offer entrance into Masters and Ph.D. at the IITs, NITS, IIITs, and CFTIs and for PSU recruitment. The GATE admit card 2023 will be issued to those candidates who have completed the GATE registration 2023 within the last date. Read the complete article by BYJUS Exam Prep to learn more about the GATE application form.
What is GOAPS 2023?
The candidates can access the GATE application form 2023 through the GOAPS website. All the necessary details should be in the application form, including academic, private, and communication elements. The candidate must also upload a photograph and certificate of the qualifying exam in the GATE application form.
- GOAPS Registration 2023: A candidate must first register on the GATE 2023 website through the GOAPS portal. Candidates must provide a unique email ID, and phone number as the GATE conducting authority will only convey all information to the candidate through these communication methods.
- GOAP 2023 Enrollment ID: A enrollment ID is provided to the candidate once the candidate successfully registers to the GOAPS 2023 portal.
- GOAPS 2023 Password: Once a candidate enrolls in GOAPS, an Email ID and password need to be created.
How to Fill the GATE Application Form 2023?
Here, we have provided the complete detail required to fill out the GATE application form 2023. Candidates must go through the below-mentioned steps to fill out the GATE application form successfully.
- Candidates must enter details to register for the GATE exam 2023, like the candidate's first, middle name and surname, Valid Email ID, Country of residence, Mobile number, and Password for future GATE login.
- After entering all the details mentioned above, candidates must click on the 'Submit' Tab of the OTP to complete the GATE registration 2023.
- After that, a unique enrollment ID will be allotted to the successfully registered candidates.
- IIT Kanpur will activate the GOAPS portal for the GATE registration process.
- Login again with credentials and F=fill the GATE application form.
- Upload newly clicked scanned images of required documents.
- Candidates must fill GATE application fee of ₹ 1500 for General and OBC candidates.
- Print the GATE application form 2023.
What is the Last Date to Fill GATE Application Form 2023?
The starting date to apply online for the GATE application form is 30 August 2022 and the last date to use is 30 September 2022 (Without extra fees). The conducting authority activates the GOAPS portal through which the candidates can access the GATE application form 2023.
The candidates must complete the registration process, including uploading of photograph, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), signature, certificate of qualifying degree, and Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable while filling out the online GATE application form 2023.
Data Required for Filling the GATE Application Form 2023
IIT Kanpur has launched the GATE 2023 portal, where you can perform all the necessary actions related to GATE 2023. Check out the following article for a detailed registration process. Save the application after uploading the documents and view it to cross-check the details again before submitting it.
Check out the list of information required to fill out and submit the GATE application form 2023.
- Personal information of candidate: Name, Date of Birth, Personal mobile number, Parents' name, Parent's mobile number
- Address with PIN Code
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper(s)
- Choice(s) of GATE examination cities
- candidate's photograph and signature with specified requirements
- Valid Photo Identity
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)
- Net-banking / debit card/credit card / wallet details for online fee payment
Fill in the following details and save them from proceeding to the next steps.
- Select the number of papers you want to appear in GATE 2023: One or Two
- Select the pieces name from the dropdown menu and confirm the paper codes
- Select the Examination country
- Select the Examination Cities as per your requirements
Cross-check the following details carefully, as you can not change them in the next steps.
- Enrollment ID.
- Name on the Admit Card.
- Verify your Email with the OTP sent to the Email.
- Verify the mobile number with the OTP sent to the mobile number.
- Choose your Date of Birth.
- Next, select your Gender, Nationality, and Category.
- Select Yes or No for PwD and Dyslexia Criteria.
- Select Country of Permanent Address.
- Select Valid Photo ID.
- Write the Name and Mobile number of the Parents or Guardian.
How to Edit the GATE Application Form 2023 After Submission?
The IIT Kanpur will display the defective applications of the GATE application forms for rectification on the official website. IIT Kanpur examines aspirants' GATE application form 2023 and informs them about the defects.
Allowed Fields to be Edited in the GATE Application Form 2023
Candidates will be asked to modify the defects of the GATE application form 2023 instantly after completing the application process. The candidates must submit ₹ 500/- as a GATE application form correction fee. Candidates can change the following details in the GATE application form 2023.
- Date of Birth
- Subject paper
- Examination City
- Father's name
- Country of applicants of parent or guardian
- Other address requirements
- PwD status
- College Name
- Dyslexic status
- The contact information of the parent or guardian
- Academic requirements
GATE Application Form Correction Procedure
Authorities will verify the data in GATE application form 2023, and if there is any discrepancy, they will let candidates know. The candidates' documents, like signatures and photos, must be clear. The application will not be accepted if all the information is not correct. After submission, the GATE application form correction procedure is shared below.
- Candidates need to visit the official GOAPS 2023 portal.
- Candidates must log in through their GATE 2023 enrollment ID and password.
- The candidates need to pay extra fees for editing the application form.
- For example, if a candidate wants to change the previously selected GATE 2023 exam centers and papers, candidates need to edit the application form through the edit button.
- The last step is to click on the 'Submit' button.
GATE Application Form Correction Fee
Candidates can edit some details free of cost, but some details need fees to be paid for editing. We are providing complete detail of the GATE application form correction fee in the below table. The payment cost for such modifications is also listed below.
Modifications in the Form
Examination city changes
No extra fee required
Existing paper changes
₹ 500 extra
Combination of a second paper with the primary paper
₹ 500/- + An appropriate price for the paper based on the applicant's category.
Modification in gender to female
Gender change (from female to another gender)
₹ 500 + ₹ 750
Changing category to SC/ST
Modifying category from SC/ST to another
₹ 500 + ₹ 750
Changing from Non-PwD to PwD
Changing from PwD to Non-PwD
₹ 500 + ₹ 750
Any additional change in a category that hasn't been notified either
How to Edit the GATE Application Form 2023?
It is advised to check out the GATE application form closely so that no wrong information is put in it, as this is the last attempt or chance provided for GATE 2023 corrections. Follow these steps to correct the following details:
- Log in to the GOAPS website.
- Login via authentic Login ID and Password.
- After login in, the dashboard will appear, displaying the enrollment ID and applicant name. Candidates must click the "Change Personal Data Exam City" button to make additional changes.
- After that, the students can see their submitted forms in the submission window. They can then change the form's required parts before clicking the "Submit" button to save the information.
- Candidates can also review their submitted signatures, papers, image size, and the above adjustments.