Why Right to Vote is Necessary for every Individual?
The right to vote is one of the fundamental rights of an individual. Here are the reasons why the right to vote is essential for every individual-
- In a democracy, there is no room for discrimination among citizens on any grounds. All the democratic countries follow the principle of Universal adult franchise.
- Voting was the right of certain sections of society in the past, but it is the birthright of individuals above the age of 18 years.
- The right to vote ensures that each section of society has its representative, be it rich, poor, or illiterate. It is necessary for the inclusive growth of each group of the society ( illiterate, literate, rich, or poor)
- Voting is one of the best ways of showing responsibility toward the country.
- If an individual is not allowed to cast a vote, it would be against the idea of equality.