GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023
Candidates need to hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering / Technology to be eligible and fill out the GAIL and GATE 2023 application forms. The selection process for all PSUs recruitment through GATE 2023, like GAIL, is through the GATE cut-off followed by a personal interview (PI)/ group discussion (GD). The detailed notification for GAIL recruitment 2023 is shared below for candidates.
Download GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 Detailed Notification PDF (New)
GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 - Important Dates
Candidates need to check all the important dates for the GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023 below in the table. Candidates must apply for GATE 2023 through the GATE official website separately and fill out the GATE 2023 application form. All GATE 2023 dates become important for aspirants who want t apply for GAIL.
GATE-2023 - Opening date of Online Application
30th August 2022
Last Date for Submission of Online Application for GATE-2023
30th September 2022
Opening of GAIL website for online submission of applications for GAIL Executive Trainee by candidates indicating GATE-2023 Registration Number
14th February 2023 (11:00 Hrs onwards)
Last date for submission of online applications in GAIL Executive Trainee
15th March 2023
(Till 18:00 Hrs)
Vacancies Available for GAIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2023
The total vacancies for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023 have been declared on the website of GAIL through a detailed notification. Specific vacancies will be reserved for PWBDs. The detailed category-wise vacancy table is shared below for candidates.
Name of the post
The post identified as suitable to be held by PwBDs in following
Executive Trainee (Chemical)
Category A: B, LV
Category B: HH
Category C: OA, OL, Dw, AAV Category D: ASD (M), SLD, MI Category E: MD Involving (A) to (D)above
Executive Trainee (Civil)
Category B: D, HH
Category C: OA,BA, OL, CP, Dw, AAV
Category D: ASD (M), SLD, MI Category E: MD Involving (B) to (D) above
Executive Trainee (GAILTEL
Category C: OA, OL, CP, LC, Dw, AAV
Category D: SLD, MI
Category E: MD involving (C) to (D) above
Executive Trainee (BIS)
Category A: B, LV
Category B: D, HH
Category C: OA, OL, OAL, BL, CP, LC, Dw, AAV
Category D: SLD, MI
Category E: MD Involving (A) to (D)above
Essential Qualifications Required for GAIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2023
Candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in Technology or Engineering with 65% marks. However, there is a relaxation in the minimum percentage of marks in essential qualifications for SC, ST, and PwBD category candidates. The relaxed minimum percentage of marks for SC, ST, and PwBD category candidates is 60 %. Check the minimum eligibility criteria for the GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023, shared below in the article.
|Post||Minimum Essential Qualifications Required|
|Executive Trainee (Chemical)||Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Engineering in Petrochemical /Chemical Technology / Petrochemical/Chemical/ Technology /Chemical Technology Polymer Science/ Chemical Technology Plastic Technology with a minimum of 65% marks.|
|Executive Trainee (Civil)||Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Engineering in Civil with minimum 65% marks.|
|Executive Trainee (GAILTEL TC/TM)||Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Engineering in Telecommunication / Electronics / Electronics Communication /Electronics Telecommunication/ Electrical Electronics / Electrical Telecommunication with a minimum of 65% marks.|
|Executive Trainee (BIS)||Bachelor's Degree in Technology or Engineering in Computer Science / Information Technology with minimum 65% marks OR Bachelor Degree with minimum 60% marks and 03 years Master's Degree in Computer Application (MCA) with minimum 65 % marks|
GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 - Eligibility Criteria
For applying for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023, all qualifications must be from UGC-recognized Indian Universities, UGC-recognized Indian Deemed universities, or AICTE-approved courses from autonomous Indian Institutions. As specified, the minimum percentage of marks in the essential qualification(s) shall be considered per college norms shared below.
- Candidates have 05 years of B.Tech + M.E / M. Tech. In addition, as specified, an integrated dual degree in engineering in a relevant discipline with a minimum percentage of marks in the essential qualification(s) shall also be considered.
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree in Engineering, including 05 years BE/ Tech + ME/ M.Tech integrated dual degree in Engineering in the year 2022 and candidates who are currently in the final year (2022-2023) of their Engineering Degree course (including 05 years BE/B.Tech + ME/ M Tech integrated dual degree in Engineering course) only are eligible to apply for the post of Executive Trainee.
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology in a relevant discipline and branch in 2021 or earlier are not eligible to apply for Executive trainee GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023.
GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 - Age Limit
The upper Age Limit for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023 is 26 years as of 15th March 2023 for the Executive Trainee posts in all engineering disciplines. However, the upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years for SC ST category candidates and 03 years for OBC(non-creamy layer) category.
It is relaxable by ten years for PwBD candidates belonging to the General/EWS category, 13 years for PwBD candidates belonging to the OBC category, and 15 years for PwBD candidates belonging to SC/ST category. However, the maximum upper age limit shall not exceed 56 years, including all possible age relaxations.
GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023 - Selection Process
GAIL will utilize the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering marks (GATE-2023 Marks) for Executive Trainee recruitment in various disciplines. The list of fields that will be considered equivalent to each of the above 03 disciplines advertised is given below.
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the GAIL Executive Trainees recruitment will be required to first appear for GATE 2023 as per instructions and timelines notified for GATE 2023 organizing Institute IIT Kanpur in one of the following relevant GATE examination papers.
- Based on the GATE 2023 marks and requirements, candidates will be short-listed for group discussion and Personal Interviews for the position of Executive Trainee.
- Candidates with Engineering Degree in a branch/discipline other than as specified above are not eligible to apply.
Disciplines/Branches of Engineering to be considered equivalent against GAIL Discipline
Corresponding GATE‐2023 Paper to be appeared by the candidate
Corresponding GATE‐2023 Paper Code
Chemical Technology Plastic Technology
Electronics Communication Engineering
Bachelor's Degree with Master's Degree in Computer Application (MCA)
Computer Science Information Technology
How to Apply Online for GAIL Recruitment Through GATE 2023?
The candidates registered for GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023 must download the admit card from the official website of IIT Kanpur. In addition, candidates must apply online in GAIL recruitment separately, indicating their Registration Number in the "Careers" section of the GAIL official website.
- Candidates will be required to apply online through the GAIL website only, indicating their GATE-2023 registration number, for which the relevant link will be made available from 15th February 2023 till 16th March 2023.
- The passport-size photograph affixed by the aspirant should be the same as submitted along with the GATE-2023 application form, as the aspirant needs to produce the original GATE 2023 admit card, GATE-2023 official scorecard, a printout of the online application form, and other relevant documents when called for document verification by GAIL.
- Candidates must submit the document supporting Date of Birth proof and semester/year-wise mark sheet(s), degree, and Diploma certificates starting from matriculation onwards).
GAIL Recruitment Application Fee
For GAIL recruitment through GATE 2023, there shall be no separate fee for applying for the above posts of Executive Trainees.
GATE 2023 Preparations with BYJU's Exam Prep Online Classroom Program
GATE Exam-Related Links
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App
Commentswrite a comment