For the execution of a project a contractor is all of the above.
- Contractor is a person or firm or an agency, hired to perform work for another person or firm on contract basis to provide materials or labour to perform a service.
- Contractor is accountable for supplying all the materials along with the equipments that is required to perform the project.
- Contractor's accountability is to validate the vendors and make secure the quality of the material in the construction sites.
Various types of contractors are:
- General contractor: accountable for the overall management of a construction project
- Subcontractor: accountable for accomplishing only a specific portion of a contract
- Independent contractor: employed to perform a specific task, such as masonry
Here, the correct option is D.
☛ Related Questions: