The virtual meeting that saw the signing of the worldwide MoU was presided over by T. Mohapatra, Director General of ICAR. Vladimir Zarev, the president of Lysterra LLC, which is well-known for producing crop protection products, Liudmila Alginina, the general director, and Anastasia Romanovskaya, the head of marketing, were all present.
According to Dr. Mohapatra, efforts to create new technologies and those made to commercialize them should coexist in order to advance the agriculture industry as a whole. He noted that the desire for new technology among foreign organizations was a sign of its efficiency.
The IISR's microbial encapsulation technique was first commercialized by Lysterra LLC, according to C.K. Thankamani, Director of the IISR. She said that the institute was "proud" at the time.
Russia and India are great partners and Russia has always contributed to India’s growth story further the relations and business ties in agriculture between the two countries will strengthen the relationship more. So, Let's start reading:-
Kindly go through the most important concepts and study notes for NABARD Grade A exam 2022 preparation.
India - Russia Agriculture Business Summit
- Held on 13th Feb 2018
- Held in New Delhi
- Addressed by Shri Gajender Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister of State for Agriculture.
- The aim is to strengthen the exchange of expertise between the two countries.
- The summit highlighted the trade opportunities in agriculture and both countries discussed trade relations in the agricultural sector.
- The summit included intense discussion in 4 theme sessions on potential areas of collaboration and trade in the fields of Agriculture Machinery.
- Sanitary & Phytosanitary measures (both plants and animals)
- Agriculture Education & Biotechnology
- Fishery and Sea products (including feeding, care, and processing)
- Confectioner’s/Baker’s, dry fruits, and coconut products.
- The discussions were facilitated by officers of the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and the Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- The summit also emphasized the relevance of Micro and Small sized businesses (MSMEs) in the agriculture domain.
- Several business houses and leaders of business associations of both countries, working in the agriculture sector attend the summit.
Celebration of 70 years of India-Russia Agricultural Relations
- Held on 14th Feb 2018
- Held in Suratgarh, Rajasthan
- The Russian and Indian delegations visited Central State Farm (CSF) in Suratgarh, Rajasthan for celebrating 70 years of agricultural relations.
- Inauguration of Russian Machinery Museum, jointly by Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Deputy Minister of Russia.
- Visit Cattle Breeding Centre.
- The Russian scientist has helped in laying the foundation of agriculture in the Thar deserts and brought a change in farming in nearby areas including fringe areas of Punjab.
About Central State Farm
Suratgarh Central State Farm is said to be Asia's Biggest and largest Agriculture farm. It is the first effort of State Farms Corporation of India Limited (SFCI).
It was the first mechanized farm established in 1956, in the Thar Desert of Rajasthan with the machinery gifted by the erstwhile USSR.
The total area of Suratgarh Farm is 6296 Hect. Culturable Area Is (in hect.) 5694.00, Irrigated Area (in hect.) is 1452.00, Rainfed Area (in hect.) 4242.00, and the Source of irrigation is Bhakra Canal System.
The initial idea of setting up this farm was to increase food production. Currently, the CSF under the National Seeds Corporation is producing various high-quality breeds, customer hiring centre, cattle breeding centre, etc.
Benefits of Summit to India
- India is known for its agricultural diversity and is exploring newer methodologies in collaboration with global leaders that can further improve production and farming opportunities.
- The summit collaborated the Indian economy with developed countries as the summit emphasized the need for collaboration of global powers and technological advancement in the agricultural sector.
- National Seeds Corporation with the help of the National Fishery Development board has started Fish Seed Production at CSF and at present, it produces 1 crore of fingerlings (young fish), the number will be increased further and will be provided to farmers at a reasonable price, which will be helpful for farmers.
- While each nation has done a respectable job of establishing itself in the region, more may be accomplished by extending their relationship in this area.
- The main focuses of Russian defense diplomacy in Southeast Asia are arms sales and energy cooperation (particularly with Vietnam).
- Other levels of involvement, though, are still low. Joint military drills with neighboring nations and port calls by the Russian Navy to Southeast Asia are still insignificant and insignificant in scope.
If you are aiming to crack NABARD Grade-A, then join the Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Unlimited access to 18+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts.
- Detailed Performance Analysis.
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.