Sin Cos Tan Formula
Assume that ABC is a right triangle with B at its right angle. The following is the formula for sine, cosine, and tangent:
- Sine θ = Opposite side/Hypotenuse = BC/AC
- Cos θ = Adjacent side/Hypotenuse = AB/AC
- Tan θ = Opposite side/Adjacent side = BC/AB
Let's now consider about the triangle's sides in terms of the Pythagorean triplet.
Let's take the right-angled triangle with sides of 3, 4, and 5 cm into consideration.
When the angle = 37° or 53°
- cos A = base / hypotenuse
- So, cos 53° = 3/5
- cos 37° = 4/5
We know that,
- sin 90 – A = cos A
- So cos 53° = sin 37 and cos 37° = sin 53°
- tan A = perpendicular / base
- tan 37° = 3/4
- tan 53° = 4/3
- sin 37° = 3/5 = cos 53°
- sin 53° = 4/5 = cos 37°
- tan 37° = 3/4 = cot 53°
- tan 53° = 4/3 = cot 37°
Find the value of sin37°, sin53°, tan37°, tan53° in terms of fraction.
The value of sin37°, sin53°, tan37°, tan53° in terms of fraction is ⅗, ⅘, ¾ and 4/3. Trigonometric functions are also called circular functions. They are easily defined as functions of triangle angles.
Commentswrite a comment