Answer: Fathometer is used for measuring the depth of the ocean.
It was invented by the Boston submarine signal business in 1925. Some of the other instruments that are used for measurement are:
- Richter Scale is used to measure Earthquake.
- A rain Gauge is used for measuring Rainfall.
- Fluxmeter is used to measure Magnetic Flux.
- An ammeter is used for measuring the current in a circuit.
- A voltmeter is used to measure the voltage or potential difference between two points in an electrical or electronic circuit.
What is the use of Fathometer?
Fathometer is used to measure the depth of the ocean. It also produces echo. It is used on ship to determine the depth of the ocean.