Please keep in mind that the RBI Grade B interview panel will judge you based on your personality, attitude, behaviour, communication skill, presence of mind, and enthusiasm rather than exam/conceptual subject knowledge because they have already tested your subject knowledge through the online exam.
Important Tips to Keep in Mind to Crack RBI Grade B Interview
1. Know Yourself Properly
- You have to know everything that is related to your name like "what is the meaning of your name?" " is there any famous personality/celebrity with this name or surname?"
- What is the historical/geographical/political significance of your place of residence/place of birth?
- Any famous political personality/celebrity belonging to your state, district, village.
- Any famous personality with the same surname
2. Know Everything About The Organization
- Know everything related to your organization like the location of Head office/head-quarter, the date and year of establishment.
- Current/previous CEO or chairman/President.
- Any current important news regarding the organization like any change in management etc.
3. Know Your Attire
- Your dressing style should be simple, aesthetic as well professional.
- Avoid any kind of fancy or casual dress.
- Hair cut and beard cut should be simple and professional.
- Have a slight smile on your face to show that you are perfectly ok.
- You must Take permission before entering the room and greet the panel with a smile.
- Sit with a straight head and keep eye contact with everyone present there with confidence.
- Do not bluff anything about any question. You can just say that, sorry I don't know about this but as far as my knowledge is concerned....
- Be honest and straightforward.
4. Know Some Basic Interview Questions
- Why should we hire you? (The most basic interview question)
- Where do you see yourself after 4-5 years?
- Why did you leave your previous job? (if you left)
- Why do you want to go for the banking sector?
- Will you leave this job if selected in other future interviews for any other organizations?
- How can be you an asset to the organization?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? (one of the most frequently asked interview questions)
- What are your interests and hobbies and how can you relate this to the job?
- Any instance where you handled pressure situations in the past officially or personally?
- Any instance of your past leadership quality officially or personally?
5. Know Some Basic Banking Questions
- RBI and its monetary policy
- The current repo rate, reverse repo rate, CRR, SLC, etc
- Basic facts related to RBI
- Economic survey and annual budget-related financial facts
- Name of the Chief ministers and Governer of those states and union territories which are currently in news.
- Name of current cabinet ministers
- Important financial facts
- Inflation, types of inflation
- Important Government schemes and yojanas like PMJDY, APY, etc.
- What is your favourite subject?
- Some basic questions related to your stream and favourite subject
- Some basic questions related to your education/academic background
- How does a bank work?
- United Nation, World Bank, IMF, and its different subsidiary organizations, their headquarter, CEO, official languages, year of establishment, objectives, etc
- Any famous current event/issue
6. Know Your Job Profile
- Know the duties and responsibilities of your job profile.
- Nature and responsibilities of the profile like whether it is desk job or field job? Whether it is the administrative job or a clerical job etc?
- Salary structure, career growth aspects, and promotion of the profile.
So this is all about RBI Grade B interview preparation and different aspects to look after before appearing for the interview and GD round. Once again I am iterating the fact that your subject knowledge has already been tested through an online exam. So now it's time to focus on other aspects like job profile, organization, some basic yet tricky interview questions, current affairs, etc. Please read current affairs on daily basis as soon as you have been selected for the interview round. Kindly ask me in the comment box if you have any queries.
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
1. Get the Latest Pattern Mock Tests which are designed by Exam Experts and Toppers.
2. Detailed Question Level Solution Analysis.
3. Complete Performance Report along with Strength and Weakness Assessment.
4. All India Rank for all the Mocks Test.
5. Shortcuts, Tricks & Tips to Crack the Exam.
ALL THE BEST
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!