Watch ESE Mechanical Prelims Paper 2 Analysis Youtube Session
Our expert faculties of BYJU'S EXAM PREP have conducted live sessions on Youtube for Paper-1 of GS and Engineering Aptitude and Paper -2 i.e. Engineering paper of Mechanical which includes a detailed discussion about -
- Answer Key
- Weightage Analysis
- Expected Cut-Off
ESE Prelims Paper 1 Exam Analysis By BYJU'S EXAM PREP Experts
|Click Here to Join Session|
ESE Prelims 2022 (Mech) Exam Analysis By BYJU'S EXAM PREP Experts
|Click Here to Join Session|
ESE IES 2022 Mechanical Paper 20th February: Exam Highlights
All the major highlights of this years exam were similar to previous years Mechanical papers. The examination was conducted in two shifts for a duration of two and three hours.
|ESE ME 2022||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Subjects||General Studies and Engineering Discipline||Technical Paper - Mechanical|
|Shift Timings||10 am to 12 pm||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Mode of Examination||Offline||Offline|
|Total No. of Questions||100||150|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||3 hours|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Tough||Moderate to Tough|
ESE IES Mechanical Paper Analysis: Difficulty level
IES Prelims Paper-2 2022 for Mechanical Engineering was conducted in the afternoon session. Candidates found this paper Moderate to Tough as some questions were tricky and lengthy this year.
ESE IES Mechanical Paper 2022: Overview
- Technical paper of Mechanical Engineering was Moderate to Tough
- The technical paper of ESE 2022 of Mechanical this time was highly calculative and lengthy
- Maximum questions were asked from Fluid Mechanics and Machinery which carried 23 questions.
- Manufacturing and Material Science Section had 20 questions in the paper which carried 13 % of the total Paper.
- Numerical and theoretical questions were equally distributed this time.
- Assertion Reasoning questions were 10 -12 this year.
- The level of questions was easy in comparison to last year’s paper.
ESE Paper 2 Mechanical 2022: Subject-wise Question Analysis
We have prepared a subject-wise question analysis which contains the difficulty level, the total number of questions, percentage of marks, for all the major subjects of Mechanical Engineering.
No. of Questions
|2||Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning||9||Easy|
|6||Fluid Mechanics and Machinery||23||Tough|
|8||Strength of Materials||10||Moderate|
|9||Theory of Machines & Vibrations||13||Moderate|
|11||Manufacturing & Engineering Materials||20||Tough|
|13||Renewable Source of Energy||12||Easy|
|14||Mechatronics & Robotics||12||Tough|
|Total||150||Moderate to Tough|
- Pie Chart
ESE ME Prelims Paper 2 Analysis 2022: Difficulty Level
As per the analysis, listed below are the important points informing about the level and type of questions that were asked in ESE Paper-2 Mechanical Engineering 2022 -
- The Paper was formed in such a way that the examiner tried to cover the full syllabus of almost every subject.
- The Difficulty level of Questions asked was Moderate to Tough this time.
ESE ME Prelims Paper 2 Expected Safe Score/Cutoff 2022
As per as candidates who had attempted ESE mains examination 2022 for Mechanical Engineering, if a candidate scores 205-210 marks in the paper can find it a good score in the paper so the candidate should attempt 230 - 240 marks out of a total of 300 marks.
- UPSC will disclose IES ME 2022 Cutoff for the Preliminary exam 2022 when the final result is declared.
- Candidates can check the official cut off of IES online by visiting the UPSC website upsc.gov.in.
- To qualify for the successive stage of Examination, i.e. IES Main exam, it is necessary to score equivalent or more marks than the prepared qualifying cut off marks.
- The UPSC ESE 2022 cut off depends on the following factors -
- The total number of candidates who appeared for the IES 2022 examination.
- The total number of available vacancies for selection.
- The difficulty level of the paper of Engineering Services Examination for the year 2022.
Also, check Here All Branches IES previous years Cutoffs
What Next After IES ME 2022 Prelims Examination is over?
- If your score is somewhat less or near it to expected score, do not sit idle. Start preparing for Mains Examination.
- Shortlisted candidates from IES Mains will be called for a personal interview session for final recruitment so start preparing for Interviews just after mains.
How to Prepare for ESE Mechanical Engineering Interview?
- ESE interview questions could be asked from subject-specific, project-specific, current affairs of recent scenerio or General Questions from your education or life.
- Check all the important topics. You can see common Questions Asked in ESE interviews from here.
IES ME Prelims Answer Key 2022
IES ME Answer Keys for Prelims Exam will be uploaded by the commission on the official website after the final result.
Download ESE Prelims Paper 2 Mechanical Engineering Questions & Answer Key Here (To be Updated)
Good Attempts For ESE Paper 2 Mechanical Engineering: 100 to 105 questions
Related Useful Links
- How to Crack ESE IES 2021 Exam Without Coaching?
- IES Preparation Tips 2021
- ESE IES ME Selection Procedure
- ESE Mechanical Engineering Previous Year Question paper
Achievers Study plans
You can follow the study plan for ESE technical and Non-Technical Subjects.
Online Classroom Program
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you Happy Learning!