ESE 2023 Mechanical Paper Analysis: Session & Blog Links
Our expert faculties of BYJU'S EXAM PREP have conducted live sessions on Youtube for Paper-1 of GS and Engineering Aptitude and Paper -2, i.e. Engineering paper of Mechanical which includes a detailed discussion about -
- Answer Key
- Weightage Analysis
- Expected Cutoff
ESE Prelims Paper 1 Exam Analysis By BYJU'S EXAM PREP Experts
|Click Here to Join the Session|
ESE Prelims 2022 (Mech) Exam Analysis By BYJU'S EXAM PREP Experts
|Click Here to Join the Session|
ESE 2023 Mechanical Paper Analysis: Question Paper Details
All the major highlights of this year's exam were similar to previous mechanical papers. The examination was conducted in two shifts for two and three hours. The major details of the ESE 2023 mechanical question paper are shared below.
|ESE ME 2022||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Subjects||General Studies and Engineering Discipline||Technical Paper - Mechanical|
|Shift Timings||10 am to 12 pm||2 pm to 5 pm|
|Mode of Examination||Offline||Offline|
|Total No. of Questions||100||150|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||3 hours|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Tough||Moderate to Tough|
ESE 2023 Mechanical Prelims Analysis: Highlights
The ESE mechanical paper analysis highlights are shared below for the candidates. In addition, candidates can find the overall difficulty level, subjects which carried a maximum number of questions etc., are shared below.
- Technical Paper of Mechanical Engineering was moderate.
- This time, the technical Paper of ESE 2023 Mechanical was easy to moderate.
- Maximum questions from Power Plant, IC Engine & SOM carried 37 questions.
- The refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heat Transfer Sections had fewer Questions in the paper, which comprised 6 of the total.
- Numerical and theoretical questions were equally distributed this time.
- Assertion Reasoning questions were 5 out of 150 this year.
- The level of questions was moderate in comparison to last year's paper.
UPSC ESE 2023 Mechanical Paper Analysis: Subject-wise Question Analysis
We have prepared a subject-wise question analysis which contains the difficulty level, the total number of questions, percentage of marks for all the significant subjects of Mechanical Engineering. Refer to the table below for the subject-wise question analysis.
No. of Questions
|2||Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning||2||Easy|
|6||Fluid Mechanics and Machinery||17||Difficult|
|8||Strength of Materials||13||Easy|
|9||Theory of Machines & Vibrations||11||Moderate|
|11||Manufacturing & Engineering Materials||11||Moderate|
|13||Renewable Sources of Energy||9||Difficult|
|14||Mechatronics & Robotics||14||Moderate|
|Total||Moderate to Tough|
- Pie Chart
ESE 2023 Mechanical Prelims Analysis: Comparison With Last Year's DataThe comparison of subject-wise marks with the last few is shared in the table below. This will help candidates to understand the subject wise marks ratio of subjects in the last few years.
Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
Strength of Materials
Theory of Machines & Vibrations
Manufacturing & Engineering Materials
Renewable Sources of Energy
Mechatronics & Robotics
UPSC ESE 2023 Mechanical Paper Analysis: Difficulty Level
As per the analysis, listed below are the essential points informing about the level and type of questions that were asked in ESE Paper-2 Mechanical Engineering 2023.
- The paper was formed so that the examiner tried to cover the entire syllabus of almost every subject.
- The Difficulty level of Questions asked was moderate this time.
ESE 2023 Mechanical Paper Safe Score
As per candidates who had attempted the ESE Prelims examination 2023 for Mechanical Engineering, if a candidate scores 120+ marks on paper can find a good score in paper, the candidate should attempt 85 -90 questions out of a total of 150 questions.
ESE 2023 Mechanical Expected Cutoff
UPSC will disclose ESE ME 2023 Cutoff for the Preliminary exam 2023 when the final result is declared. Candidates can check the official cutoff of IES online by visiting the UPSC website upsc.gov.in.To qualify for the successive stage of the examination, i.e. IES Main exam, it is necessary to score equivalent or more marks than the prepared qualifying cutoff marks. The UPSC ESE 2023 cutoff depends on the following factors -
- The total number of candidates who appeared for the IES 2023 examination.
- The total number of available vacancies for selection.
- The difficulty level of the Paper of Engineering Services Examination for 2023.
- The table below shares the expected cutoff for ESE ME 2023 exam.
Also, check Here All Branches of IES previous years' Cutoffs
What Next After IES ME 2023 Prelims Examination is over?
- Do not sit idle if your score is somewhat less or near the expected score. Start preparing for Mains Examination.
- Shortlisted candidates from IES Mains will be called for a personal interview session for final recruitment, so start preparing for Interviews just after mains.
How to Prepare for ESE Mechanical Engineering Interview?
ESE interview questions could be asked from subject-specific, project-specific, current affairs of recent scenarios or General Questions from your education or life. Check all the essential topics. In addition, you can see common Questions Asked in ESE interviews here.
IES Prelims Answer Key 2023
After the final result, the commission will upload the IES I Answer Keys for the Prelims exam on the official website.
Download ESE Prelims Paper 2 Mechanical Engineering Questions & Answer Key Here (To be Updated)
Online Classroom Program
BYJU'S Exam Prep wishes you Happy Learning!