UPSC has scheduled the ESE prelims paper 2021 on 18th July. IES is known as one of the toughest exams in the country. ESE Prelims is a screening process for the mains exam. Aspirants must be giving their full effort at this point in time to assure their success.
Few days are left in the examination, And this is the time of the most important part of the preparation and that is Revision. Revision of the topics making up the ESE syllabus is a crucial part of IES preparation. In this article, we will provide you with the details of two revision techniques that will magnify your preparation levels as well as your confidence for the 2021 IES Exam.
ESE IES Electronics & Telecommunication Revision Techniques 2021
Broadly speaking, if we talk about revision techniques then there are two types:
- Normal or Standard Revision Technique
- Frequent Revision Technique
There is nothing wrong with any technique, but for a prestigious exam like ESE, an aspirant should always opt a technique that suits their learning style. we will give a brief about both techniques further.
Standard Revision Technique
Standard Revision Technique is also known as Normal Revision Technique cause this is the common method followed by school, college and any exam aspirants for exam preparation. This technique is followed by most ESE ECE aspirants. What exactly happens in this technique is that after studying a particular subject as time passes by, aspirants forget and then they study the same subject again and again. Let's understand this with an example:
- Suppose an ESE aspirant studies Analog Electronics in December and feels confident about the knowledge of this subject. Now, after studying for 4 hours, his preparation for the subject is fully done. After one month, in January, he again studies the same portion of Analog Electronics, then he would see that he could remember only 60% of what was studied. So he needs to study again for 2 hours to keep track of the entire syllabus.
- Therefore, after one month the aspirant studies the same Analog Electronics topics, he could recall only 40% of what he studied. Then he has to study for 3 hours to reach the level of 100%.
So this happens during the Normal Revision Technique. As time goes, the aspirants lose their grip on the subject and then they need to spend more time keeping track of their preparation. Though this technique is suitable for the early stage of preparation but aspirants should use frequent revision before the exam.
Frequent Revision Technique
Frequent Revision Technique is based on revising the topic between the study. This technique emphasizes that an ESE ECE candidate should study regularly with no more than 5 or 6 days gap between 2 readings of the same topic. Studying regularly or more often saves your time as well as energy and it helps you to recall everything at any time. Let's understand this with an example:
- Suppose, an IES aspirant who uses this technique of revision and completed Analog Electronics in December and done the entire syllabus.
- Now, from January as per his IES study plan, he has time assigned for Analog Electronics on 5th or 6th January. He/She solves previous year questions and figure it out that his/her preparation level is 90%, So he gives some time to recall everything he studied.
- Further, he/she scheduled some time on 10th January and repeated the process.
Now the students preparing for IES can analyse which style suits them. The main target of the student should always be retaining maximum from the minimum effort so that the consistency of preparation can be maintained.
ESE IES Electronics & Telecommunication Revision Tips for Aspirants
Here are few pointers for ESE Electronics and Telecommunication aspirants which they can follow to revise the syllabus of the ESE UPSC exam dexterously:
- As few days are left, so calmly go through your short notes and keep revising to avoid loss of memory level.
- Digital Electronics, Control System etc are easier to cover so give a read not more than a gap of two days.
- Start memorizing all the formulas on your finger trip, you can use some tricks at your convenience to keep it ready all the time.
- Do not get overwhelmed with so many formulas, lots of topics are interlinked in more than one subject such as transformation i.e, Fourier Transform, Laplace Transform etc. So revise it once daily from today till the last day of the exam and use their applications efficiently.
- As an IES ECE aspirant, you must have followed a meticulous study plan as well as a revision plan. Now it's time to just go through everything you studied.
- Do not read any new thing now just go through the syllabus you have already completed.
One more important thing, Solve previous year's papers and mock tests on a regular basis.
- ESE IES ECE Syllabus
- ESE IES ECE Cut Off
- ESE IES ECE Question Papers
- ESE Test Series
- IES Online Coaching
Achievers Study plans
You can follow the study plan for ESE technical and Non-Technical Subjects.
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai.
All The Very Best for Your Exam