ESE Champion Plan || Paper 1 || Environmental Impact Assessment
Attempt now to get your rank among 154 students!
1. The rules for EIA have been notified under the provisions of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986.
2. National Biodiversity Authority is the nodal authority to review the EIA application for all new projects.
3. It is mandatory to involve the public while making the environment impact assessment.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1. Baseline data provide a means of detecting actual change by monitoring once a project has been initiated.
2. The final EIA report is referred to as an environmental Management Plan.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
1) EIA is a planning tool which is accepted as an integral component of sound decision-making.
2) EIA/Environment Management Plan (EMP) should assist planners and government authorities in the decision making process by identifying the key impacts/issues and formulating the mitigation measures.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1) It saves cost and time in project implementation.
2) It helps in maintaining a healthier local environment.
3) It avoids violation of laws and regulation.
4) It ensures optimal use of natural resources for sustainable development.
- 154 attempts
- 0 upvotes
- 0 comments