Environment Notes for UPSC Prelims
The focus area of the Environment in the UPSC Prelims exam includes- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Climate change, Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, etc. preparing for less concrete topics like these can be challenging for the UPSC Aspirant. In that case, the Environment Notes for UPSC can be helpful by providing the required information to the candidates for the Preparation of Environment section of the UPSC Prelims Syllabus.
When analyzing the UPSC Prelims Question Paper, one would understand that most of the questions related to trending topics, Current Affairs. That's why apart from relying on Environment and ecology, UPSC notes candidates should stay updated with the new government policies, trending topics on climate change, etc. In addition, candidates can also take the help of NCERT Books for UPSC to build a solid foundation in Environment and ecology.
Environment Notes for UPSC Mains
The Environment section of UPSC Mains Syllabus includes a basic understanding of the Environment and Ecology, Ecosystem and Its Dynamic, Biogeochemical Cycles, Types of Ecosystem, Biosphere, Biodiversity, Pollution, Climate Change, etc. UPSC Mains is subjective in nature, and that's why candidates have to be prepared with some advanced level UPSC Books, and they have to be ready with Environment Notes for UPSC for the revision purpose.
Environment Notes for UPSC Prelims and Mains PDF Download
Below, we have provided the environment and ecology notes PDF for the preparation of both UPSC Prelims and UPSC Mains.
Environment and Ecology Notes PDF
Concept of System
Understanding the Ecosystem
(Genetic Diversity, List of modern drugs derived from Plant sources, Endemic and Exotic species Species Diversity, Ecosystem Diversity, Value of Biodiversity)
Endemic Species and their regions
Conservation of Biodiversity
How to Prepare with Environment and Ecology UPSC Notes
Candidates may have the required information, but presenting the information in a clear and concise manner can be a challenging task, especially in UPSC Mains. That’s why candidates need to make the best use of the Environment Notes for UPSC.
- Candidates need to make a habit of listing current affairs along with the static parts of the Environment and ecology UPSC notes.
- Candidates must go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers to see the nature of the question.
- The emphasis on the basic concepts and static part is still there, but the dynamic part is also getting more weightage.
How to Prepare Environment Notes for UPSC
Apart from relying on the sources, candidates can also make their own hand-written Environment Notes for UPSC by following these tips.
- For UPSC Prelims, candidates can refer to NCERT books while making notes. NCERT textbooks are written in simple language that would help in building a solid foundation.
- After completing the NCERT books, candidates can jump to some advanced-level books for making notes. For UPSC Mains, candidates must have in-depth knowledge of the Environment and ecology.
- Candidates also need to use current affairs as a part of their note-making. Aspirants can find a lot of articles related to the environment section. They should make short points of these editorials or articles for effective note-making.
- Candidates can also make flowcharts as it would be easier to remember things. Additionally, it will save time and provide a better form of representation.