Environment Notes for UPSC Prelims
The focus area of the Environment in the UPSC Prelims exam includes- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Climate change, Biodiversity, Environmental Pollution, etc. Preparing for less concrete topics like these can be challenging for the aspirants. In that case, the Environment Notes for UPSC can be helpful by providing the required information to the candidates for preparing for the UPSC Environment section in the Prelims exam.
When analyzing the UPSC Prelims Question Paper, one would understand that most of the questions on environment and ecology are related to trending topics. That's why apart from relying on Environment and ecology UPSC notes candidates should stay updated with the new government policies, trending topics on climate change, etc. In addition, candidates can also take the help of NCERT Books for UPSC to build a solid foundation in Environment and ecology.
Environment UPSC Notes for Mains
The Environment section of UPSC Mains Syllabus includes a basic understanding of the Environment and Ecology, Ecosystem and Its Dynamic, Biogeochemical Cycles, Types of Ecosystems, Biosphere, Biodiversity, Pollution, Climate Change, etc. UPSC Mains is subjective in nature, and that's why candidates have to be prepared with some advanced level UPSC Books, and they have to be ready with Environment Notes for UPSC for revision purposes.
Environment and Ecology Notes PDF
Below, we have provided the topic-wise UPSC environment and ecology notes PDF for the preparation of both Prelims and Mains examinations.
Environment and Ecology UPSC Notes PDF
List of Global Environmental Organizations
Environmental Conventions and Protocols
Ozone Depletion: Causes, Effects, Solutions
Ocean Acidification: Introduction, Causes, Effects, and Solutions
Solid Waste Management in India
E-waste Management in India
Know about Net Zero Producers' Forum
Red Sanders Smuggling: Impact on the Environment
How to Prepare Environment UPSC Notes?
Candidates may have the required information, but presenting the information in a clear and concise manner can be a challenging task, especially in UPSC Mains. That’s why candidates need to make the best use of the Environment Notes for UPSC.
- Candidates need to make a habit of listing current affairs along with the static parts of the Environment and ecology UPSC notes.
- Candidates must go through the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers to see the nature of the question.
- The emphasis on the basic concepts and static part is still there, but the dynamic part is also getting more weightage.
Handwritten Environment Notes for UPSC
Apart from relying on the sources, candidates can also make their own hand-written Environment Notes for UPSC by following these tips.
- For Prelims, candidates can refer to NCERT books while making notes. NCERT textbooks are written in simple language that would help in building a solid foundation.
- After completing the NCERT books, candidates can jump to some advanced-level books for making notes. For UPSC Mains, candidates must have in-depth knowledge of the Environment and ecology.
- Candidates also need to use current affairs as a part of their note-making. Aspirants can find a lot of articles related to the environment section. They should make short points of these editorials or articles for effective note-making.
- Candidates can also make flowcharts as it would be easier to remember things. Additionally, it will save time and provide a better form of representation.