Descriptive Pattern of ECGC PO 2022
The Descriptive Test of ECGC PO 2022 will include 2 topics, namely
Descriptive Paper (Test of English Language)- 40 Marks
Immediately after this, you all have to appear for the descriptive paper writing (test of English language).
The total marks designated for this test is 40 and you will be given 40 minutes to complete this test. Only Precis writing and Essay writing would be asked in the test.
No. of Questions
One out of two given options
40 minutes for both questions together
One out of two given options
These questions will carry a total of 40 marks, and one will have 40 minutes to attempt them. There will not be any sectional timer. Candidates will have to attempt two questions based on Essay writing and precise writing in 40 minutes together.
The test would be conducted online, i.e., the candidates will have to type their answers with the help of the keyboard. For more clarification, you can check the ECGC PO exam pattern and syllabus 2022.
If you wish to score better in this section, you should have a good hold over sentence structuring in English as well as a fair typing speed.
Tips to prepare for Descriptive Paper in ECGC PO 2022
No doubt descriptive writing can be the game-changer in any exam. One who has a good hold on the writing part of the English language can surely do wonders in this section.
But we can not deny the fact that your thoughts along with your writing skills will be tested. You will have to impress the examiner with your thoughts also.
Your writing must be short according to the word limit prescribed, crisp and informative. Give a thought to the words you are going to write.
Make sure the words and message you are trying to convey are clear. Do not write out of the box. Be specific and choosy while making use of any difficult word.
Let us now take up the individual topics that would be asked under this section and see how to deal with them.
How to prepare Essay Writing for ECGC PO 2022?
Essay Writing is all about how well you present your thoughts on a particular topic in a well-structured manner. It requires imagination as well as good writing skills.
Both these skills are essential since both these factors together will help you present a good essay. Only gathering thoughts on a particular topic will not help you if you are not able to present them effectively.
Likewise, just good writing skills are not good if you are not able to think of innovative and relevant points for the given essay topic.
Check out the tips below to score well in the essay writing section of the ECGC PO exam.
Daily Reading Habit
- Read the newspaper and editorials, magazines, and news daily.
- Reading the newspaper will not only strengthen your general awareness but will give you ideas to be more specific and informative.
- Practice writing in essay or precis in your own words. Set a limit of words for yourself.
- It is preferable if you go for this practice online, i.e., type on your desktop/ laptop rather than using pen and paper.
Use of Dictionary
- Make use of a dictionary to check new words, their usage, and their meaning.
- Try 3-4 sentence making with the new word so that you do not forget to use the same in your upcoming exams.
Try writing at least one article daily.
- Pick at least one topic daily from the current news.
- Try to write the news/topic in your own words within the limit.
- After writing the same, you can look for more essays on the topic you have chosen for yourself to get more ideas on the same.
While writing an essay, you should take due care of the following:
- Make sure that you go through the instructions given in the question as well as the word limit properly before you begin your essay.
- Go for the topic you are aware of. You should have proper knowledge of the topic on which you are about to present the essay.
- Try to divide your essay into at least 3-4 paragraphs.
(a) The first paragraph should be the introduction part where you go for a general discussion about the topic.
(b) The body of the essay should be divided into at least 2 paragraphs.
(c) The last paragraph should be the conclusion.
- Do not go for a very flowery language. Be precise and write to the point rather than exaggerating.
- Try to avoid repetition of sentences in your essay.
- Make sure that your essay is free of grammatical mistakes.
Tips to prepare Precis Writing for ECGC PO 2022
Precise writing is another form of descriptive paper writing for banking and other government exams. To begin with the same, let us first discuss what is precis writing and how candidates can solve question-based on it.
What is precis writing?
Precis writing is summarizing all the relevant and important details in the passage or comprehension given in limited words. One has to summarize a passage in the given limit by covering all the facts and details.
What are the rules of writing Precis?
- Read the passage given carefully.
- Go through the important points and memorize them in one go, if possible to save your time.
- Make a rough draft in your mind and compile your thoughts before writing on the computer.
- Try to make use of simple words. Do not use heavy words if you are not sure of their spellings and meaning.
- Now type the final piece with the help of the keyboard.
Important points for good precis writing
- Length of precis should be short, and informative and the number of the words must be 1/3rd of the passage given.
- Make sure it is easy and convenient to read.
- Cover all the important and informative points.
- An important message concerning the passage must be included precisely.
- Choose an appropriate title for your precis writing.
- Details mentioned by you in the precis must match the details given in the passage. Do not add any information on your own.
Always try to complete the writing within the word limit. Do not exceed the word limit given for either essay or precis. This may lead to negative markings in the exam. Work on your writing and reading skills so that you can present your best.
We hope the article has served its purpose. Prepare for descriptive writing along with the objective test. In case of any issue, please feel free to ask us below in the comment section.
If you are aiming to crack SBI PO/IBPS PO 2022, then join the sure-shot Success Batch(Hindi) Online Classroom Program where you will get:
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- Get better at every level of your preparation with unlimited test series, based on the latest exam pattern.
- Assess areas of weaknesses & track improvements with in-depth performance analysis
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.