E-Commerce MCQ with Answers
1. Purchasing and selling products online is referred to as?
Answer: A. E-Commerce
Explanation: The business strategy that enables customers to buy and sellers to sell goods and services through the internet is known as E-Commerce.
2. What is E-Commerce full form?
- Electrical Commerce
- Entertainment Commerce
- Electronic Commerce
- Electronic Chemical Commerce
Answer: C. Electronic Commerce
Explanation: The full form of E-Commerce is Electronic Commerce. It belongs to a more significant economic sector known as electronic business or e-business. Also, check the difference between E-Commerce and E-Business here.
3. Which of the following describes E‐Commerce?
- Business activities
- Sale of goods
- Doing business online
- All of the above
Answer: C. Doing business online
Explanation: E-Commerce is the practice of doing business online. Electronic commerce, often known as E-Commerce or EC, is the exchange of products and services and the transmission of money and data via an electronic network, most notably the internet.
4. Which of the following is not a major form of E-Commerce?
Answer: A. C2B
Explanation: C2B is not one of the major forms of E-Commerce. It is known as the C2B business model when consumers sell goods or services to businesses.
5. The aspect of E-Commerce that allows for cross-border trade is known as.
- Global reach
Answer: B. Global reach
Explanation: Global reach refers to the aspect of E-Commerce that makes it possible to do business across international borders. A business strategy known as "Global Reach" aims to improve connectivity between a company and its existing and new clients online.
6. Which is not a function of E-Commerce?
- None of these
Answer: A. Marketing
Explanation: E-Commerce helps facilitate the purchasing process and allows clients options, while marketing is the marketing department's responsibility.
7. Which of the following is a function of E-Commerce
- All of the above
Answer: D. All of the above
Explanation: All of the above- marketing, advertising, and warehousing- are E-Commerce functions.
8. What is an early form of E-Commerce?
- Both of these
- None of the above
Answer: A. EDI
Explanation: EDI, also known as Electronic Data Interchange, is an early form of E-Commerce.
9. In what year was the World Wide Web (WWW) first launched?
Answer: A. 1994
Explanation: The World Wide Web was first introduced in 1994. It was created by Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, often known as TimBL, an English computer scientist.
10. Compared to B2C E-Commerce, B2B E-Commerce is B2B E-Commerce is
- Of equal size
- A little smaller
- A little bigger
- Much larger
Answer: D. Much larger
Explanation: B2B E-Commerce is much larger than B2C E-Commerce. In addition to being distinct from B2C selling, B2B selling is also significantly more challenging.
11. A system of interconnected electronic components or circuits is known as-
- Electronic Network
- Electronic Markets
Answer: A. Electronic Network
Explanation: Electronic Network is a system of interconnected electronic components or circuits.
12. Which of the following is not a benefit of E-commerce?
- Fast process
- Always on
- Reduced cost price
Answer: B. Inconvenience
Explanation: The lowest cost is at the top of the list of benefits of e-commerce, but there are other benefits as well, such as selling abroad, retargeting customers, and customizing the shopping experience.
13. Which type of commercial enterprise is focused on selling goods and services over the internet?
- Indirect Marketing
- Online Direct Marketing
- Brick & Mortar
Answer: B. Online Direct Marketing
Explanation: Online Direct Marketing is a type of commercial enterprise is focused on selling goods and services over the internet.
14. The idealistic market that was envisioned at the commencement of the development of electronic commerce is known as-
- Bertrand market
- Baxter market
- Bailey market
- Bergman market
Answer: A. Bertrand market
Explanation: The Bertrand market is the utopian market that was envisioned at the commencement of the development of electronic commerce.
15. Which of the following technological developments is not being used to collect information about you?
Answer: A. Anonymizers
Explanation: Technology that does not gather data about you is known as an anonymizer. It is a program designed to make the online activity difficult to track.
16. Which of the following is not a key element of the business model?
- Competitive advantage
- Market strategy
- Universal standards
- Value Proposition
Answer: C. Universal standards
Explanation: The business model does not depend on universal standards.
17. Which one is an example of an Internet portal?
Answer: B. Yahoo
Explanation: A web portal that combines a search engine and a list of WWW sites arranged in a hierarchical fashion is Yahoo.
18. What is ESN full form?
- Enterprise Social Networks
- Entrepreneur Social Networks
- Enterprise Special Networks
- Essential Social Networks
Answer: A. Enterprise Social Networks
Explanation: The term ESN stands for Enterprise Social Networks.
19. What is ‘EOQ’ in Inventory control?
- Economic Occurring Quantity
- Economic Order Quantity
- Economic Over Quantity
- Economic of Quantity
Answer: B. Economic Order Quantity
Explanation: Companies determine their ideal order size by performing a calculation known as the economic order quantity (EOQ), which enables them to meet demand without going overboard. For the purpose of reducing holding costs and surplus inventory, inventory managers calculate EOQ.
20. Which is not a horizontal portal?
- MSN/Windows Live
Answer: B. Sailnet
Explanation: Sailnet is not a horizontal portal.
21. Name the strategy that is designed by businesses to compete in all markets around the world?
Answer: D. Scope
Explanation: A strategy that is designed by businesses to compete in all markets around the world is referred to as a scope strategy.
22. Which E-commerce company has launched Shopsy, allowing Indians to start shops for free?
Answer: C. Flipkart
Explanation: Flipkart, an E-commerce company has launched Shopsy, allowing Indians to start shops for free.
23. ERP stands for-
- Enterprise Resolution Planning
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Reader Planning
- Enterprise Reverse Planning
Answer: B. Enterprise Resource Planning
Explanation: Enterprise Resource Planning is an integrated administration of key business operations, frequently in real-time.
24. Collaboration is derived from which Latin word?
Answer: B. Collaboratio
Explanation: Collaboration is derived from the Latin word Collaboratio.
25. Which is not one of the three phases of electronic commerce?
Answer: B. Preservation
Explanation: One of the three phases of electronic commerce is not preservation. It means the action of maintaining something or shielding it from harm.
Download E-Commerce MCQ with Answers PDF
Important GATE Topics
|Fixed End Moment||Gravity Of Earth|
|Slope Deflection Equation||Capacitors in Parallel|
|Capacitors in Series||Carnot Cycle|
|Types of Cement||Clamping Circuit|
|CMOS Converter||Column Base|
Commentswrite a comment