Duplication of Data
Technically, duplication of data is when the same piece of data is entered in two or more fields of a 'database'. In most cases, deliberate data duplication can be done for the sake of data security and stability.
- A database is a collection of information and data in a structured manner for easy access when needed.
- It is, in some cases, electronically stored in a computer system or in the cloud.
- Usually, there is data redundancy in the database. It can optionally be in the file storage system as well.
- Either way, it can cause problems for the user.
- Data redundancy is the occurrence of a particular set of information or data at more than one location on a computer system.
- It can sometimes be used as a backup method to cross-check data and protect specific data.