DSSSB JE Electrical Syllabus 2022: Overview
Since the DSSSB JE Exam will be conducted in two tiers, tier 1 & tier 2. The syllabus for both Tier 1 & Tier 2 differs from each other in some way.
- In Tier 1, there are two sections. One section is electrical engineering while the other section will consist of general subjects common to all the candidates.
- In Tier-2, there are also two sections but both sections will totally test the knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering completely.
DSSSB JE Tier 1 Exam Pattern
General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability
Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
Test of Hindi Language & Comprehension
Test of English Language & Comprehension
Subject/Qualification Related Paper
DSSSB Junior Engineer Tier 2 Exam Pattern
No of Questions
Subject/Qualification Related Paper
2 Hour 30 Minutes
Evaluation of ability for application of concepts,
DSSSB JE Electrical Syllabus 2022 Important Topics
The DSSSB JE syllabus for electrical paper for tier 1 & tier 2 exams shall be the same. However, there will be differences in the difficulty level. The difficulty level of the DSSSB JE electrical engineering paper will be greater in the tier 2 exam. Below we have provided the DSSSB JE Electrical Subject-wise syllabus :
DSSSB JE Electrical Tier 1 & Tier 2 Syllabus
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Physics
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Electrical Engineering Materials
- Basics of Electrical Engineering
- Basic Electronics
- Digital Electronics & Microprocessor
- Electrical Design Drawing
- Generation of Electrical Energy
- Network Analysis
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Instrumentation
- Power System Protection
- Power Quality & Facts
- Electrical Energy Conservation & Auditing
- Power System Dynamics & Control
- Transmission & Distribution
Check DSSSB JE Selection Process
Download DSSSB JE Electrical Syllabus PDF
The DSSSB JE Electrical syllabus pdf is given below.
DSSSB JE Electrical Syllabus PDF Download
DSSSB JE Electrical Tier 1 & Tier 2 Syllabus: Sub Topics
While laying the timetable for the preparation of the DSSSB JE Electrical Exam a more fine-tuned syllabus performs way better than a bulky syllabus. Therefore to contribute to your DSSSB JE Electrical Exam preparation strategy we have mentioned the sub-topics of DSSSB JE Electrical Syllabus.
- Problem Based On Volumetric Gravimetric Analysis
- Analysis And Treatment Of Water
- Fuel And Combustion
- Corrosion And Lubricant
- Atomic Structure And Bonding
- Dc Circuits
- Semiconductor Physics
- Modern Physics
- Coordinate Geometry Of Two Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Introduction: Concept Of Engineering Mechanics, Its Importance And Necessity. Giving Suitable Examples On Bodies At Rest And Motion, Concept Of Rigid Bodies.
- Laws Of Forces
- Centre Of Gravity
- Laws Of Motion
- Simple Lifting Machines
Fundamental Of Electrical Engineering
- DC Circuits
- Magnetic Circuits
- Electromagnetic Induction
- DC Transient
- Lettering Techniques And Practice
- Construction Of Curves
Electrical Engineering Materials
- Conducting Materials
- Semiconducting Materials
- Insulating Materials
- Magnetic Materials
Basics of Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits, Kirchhoff's Laws, Mesh Analysis, Node Analysis, Classification Of Network Elements, Thevenin's Theorem, Norton's Theorem Maximum Power Transfer Theorem, Superposition Theorem.
- Single Phase Ac Circuits, Average And Effective Values Of Sinusoids, Solution Of R, L, C Series Circuits, The J Operator, Complex Representation Of Impedances, Phasor Diagram, Concept Of Power Factor, Power Factor Improvement, Power In Complex Notation, Solution Of Parallel And Series-Parallel Circuits, Resonance. Introduction To Balance Three Phase Ac Circuits.
- Ampere's Circuital Law. B-H Curve, Solution Of Magnetic Circuits, Hysteresis And Eddy Current Losses. Relays As An Application Of Magnetic Force. Transformers- Construction, E.M.F. Equation, Ratings, Phasor Diagram For No Load And Full Load, Equivalent Circuit, Regulation And Efficiency Calculations, Open Circuit And Short Circuit Tests, Introduction To Auto-Transformer.
- Introduction To Electromechanical Energy Conversion, Dc Motors- Construction, E.M.F. And Torque Equations, Characteristics Of Dc Generators And Motors, Speed Control Of Dc Motors. Dc Motor Starter- Working Principle, Ratings. Introduction To Three Phase Induction Motor, Introduction To Alternator And Synchronous Motor And Their Applications.
- Pmmc Instruments. Shunts And Multipliers, Multi-Meters, Moving Iron Ammeters And Voltmeters, Dynamometer Wattmeter, Ac Watt-Hour Meters, Extension Of Instrument Ranges.
- Applications Of Electronics In Different Fields. Active And Passive Components, Voltage And Current Source With Numerical Examples.
- PN Junction, Behaviour Of PN Junction Under Forward And Reverse Bias. Semiconductor Diode Characteristics. Static And Dynamic Resistances. Their Calculation From Diode Characteristics. Diode As Half Wave, Full Wave, And Bridge Rectifier, Applications. Ripple Factor, And Its Value For Half Wave Rectified Output. Calculation Of Dc Voltage, RMS Voltage, And Efficiency.
- Capacitor Input Filter, Choke Input Filter, LC Filter, RC Filter, Pie Filter. Brief Idea And Applications Of Power Diode, Zener Diode, Tunnel Diode, Varactor Diode, Application Of Zener Diode As Voltage Regulator, Numerical Examples.
- Concept Of Bipolar Junction Transistor
- Output Characteristics. Determination Of The Transistor Parameters. Comparison Of Ce, Cb, And Cc Configuration.
- Transistor As An Amplifier In Ce Configuration. Dc Load Line, Its Equation And Drawing It On The Output Characteristics. Transistor Biasing Circuit, Effect Of Temperature On Operating Point. Need For Stabilization Of Operating Point, Effect Of Fixing Operating Point In Cut-Off And Saturation Region On The Performance Of Amplifier.
- Diode Circuits, Bjt Circuits, Mosfet Circuits
Digital Electronics And Microprocessor
- Number Systems
- Logic Gates
- Combinational Circuits
- Introduction To Microprocessors
Electrical Design Drawing
- Electrical Symbols and Simple Light and Alarm Circuits
- Electrical Installations of Small Residential Buildings
- Electrical Installation of Commercial Buildings
Generation of Electrical Energy
- Importance of Electrical Power in Day Today Life, Various Sources Of Energy. Comparison Of Sources Of Power. Selection Of Site For Thermal Power Stations, Block Diagram Of Thermal Power Station, Operation of Boiler, Economizer, Air Preheater, Super Heater, Steam Prime Movers, Condensers Draft Fans Etc.
- Classification Of Hydroelectric Plants. General Arrangement and Operation of Hydroelectric Plant, Layout Diagrams, Hydraulic Turbines, Selection of Turbines, Dams, Spillways, Penstock, Surge Tank, Fore Bay, Reservoirs, Catchment Area.
- Nuclear Power Plant, Diesel Power Plant And Gas Power Plant
- Prediction Of Load, Load Curves, Plant Capacity Factor, Utilization Factor, Components For Total Cost Of Generation Per Unit, Methods For Depreciation Calculation, Effect Of Load Curves On Cost Per Kwh.
- Network Terminology
- Ac Fundamentals
- Network Theorems
- Superposition Theorem, Thevenin's Theorem, Norton's Theorem, Maximum Power Transfer Theorem And Their Applications, Conversion Of Circuits From Star To Delta And Vice Versa, And Numerical Problems.
- DC Generator
- DC Motors
- Introduction To Single Phase Transformer
- Equivalent Circuit And Phasor Diagram For 1-Phase Transformer
- Introduction To Three- Phase Ac Machine
- Three Phase Transformers
- Three Phase Synchronous Motors
- Single Phase Motors (Fkw Motors) Single Phase Motors
- Introduction To SCR
- Controlled Rectifiers
- Introduction: Important Terms In Measurement System, Errors, Types Of Error, Classification Of Errors Advantages Of Electrical Instrumentation, Data Transmission & Their Classification, Principle Of Telemetry System` Classification Of Telemetry System.
- Sensors And Transducers
- S Strain Gauge And Thermoelectric Transducers
- Measurement Of Non-Electric Parameters
Power System Protection
- Introduction And Components Of A Protection System
- Fault Sand Overcurrent Protection
- Equipment Protection Schemes
- System Protection
Power quality And Facts
- Transmission Lines And Series/Shunt Reactive Power Compensation
- Voltage Source Converter Based (Facts) Controllers
- Application Of Facts
Electrical Energy Conservation And Auditing
- Energy Scenario
- Basics Of Energy And Its Various Forms
- Energy Management & Audit
- Energy Efficiency In Industrial Systems
Power System Dynamics And Control
- Introduction To Power System Operations
- Modeling Of Synchronous Machines And Associated Controllers
- Stability Analysis
- Enhancing System Stability
Transmission And Distribution
- Transmission Lines: Introduction To Overhead Transmission Line` Classification And Comparison Of Acroc Transmission Systems. Main Components Of Transmission Line I.E. Tower, Conductors, And Overhead Line Insulators. Potential Distribution Over Suspension Insulator String, String Efficiency And Methods Of Improving String Efficiency, Sag Calculation Of Equal Supports, Effect Of Transmission Voltage On Efficiency And Regulation Of Line. Kelvin Law.
- Performance Of Transmission Lines
- Distribution Of Electrical Energy
Important Links for DSSSB JE Recruitment 2022:
|Related Links for DSSSB JE Exam 2022|
|DSSSB JE Exam Pattern||DSSSB JE Question Paper|
|DSSSB JE Cut Off||DSSSB JE Eligibility Criteria|
|DSSSB JE Salary||DSSSB JE Books|
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Online classroom program for all AE & JE Exams:
BYJU’S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program for AE & JE Exams (12+ Structured LIVE Courses)
You can avail of BYJU’S Exam Prep Test series specially designed for all AE & JE Exams:
BYJU’S Exam Prep Test Series AE & JE Get Unlimited Access to all (160+ Mock Tests)
Team BYJU’S Exam Prep
Download BYJU’S Exam Prep APP, for the best Exam Preparation, Free Mock tests, Live Classes.
Commentswrite a comment