Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have launched a regular M.Tech. Program in Defence Technology to impart necessary, skill and aptitude in various defence technology areas.DRDO and AICTE new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology was launched during a program in a virtual event organised by AICTE, New Delhi on July 08, 2021, in which Secretary Department of Defence R&D & Chairman DRDO Dr G Satheesh Reddy and Chairman AICTE Prof Anil D Sahasrabudhe were present. DRDO and AICTE launched new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology will motivate aspiring engineers to start their careers in defence technology.
The DRDO and AICTE newly launched M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology program will be helpful to students seeking opportunities in the ever-expanding defence research and manufacturing sector. We can also hope that the newly launched M. Tech. Programs of defence Technology by DRDO and AICTE can be started at any AICTE affiliated Institutes and Universities, IITs, NITs or private engineering institutes all over the country in the coming days, which will boost the country's defence production, and the program will help in achieving '‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’' envisioned by ''Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi''.
About DRDO and AICTE launched new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology
The new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology is a 4-semester program with a total of 80 credits and has 6 specializations; as regards the specializations, semester -1 will have a common curriculum, and in semester 2, the curriculum will be varied as per the specialization. Semesters 3 & 4 will include a dissertation
and industrial training.
The vision of DRDO and AICTE launched new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology
Institute of Defence Scientists & Technologists (IDST) will provide support to institutes all over the country for conducting this program. New M. Tech. Programs in Defence Technology can be conducted both online as well as offline formats. Secretary Department of Defence R&D & Chairman DRDO Dr G Satheesh Reddy congratulated DRDO, AICTE and industries for evolving the Post Graduate program and expressed hope that such a specialised program will enable the creation of a large pool of talented workforce for the defence sector. He wished industry leaders to extend their support for this program and offer opportunities to the students.
Branches of DRDO and AICTE launched new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology
The DRDO and AICTE newly launched M. Tech. The program in Defence Technology has six specialized streams Combat Technology.
- Aero Technology
- Naval Technology
- Communication Systems & Sensors
- Directed Energy Technology
- High Energy Materials Technology.
DRDO will also be provided opportunities for students to conduct their main thesis work in their laboratories for Defence PSUs & Industries.
Need for M.Tech (Defence Technology)
- DRDO has established a very good connection with faculties and researchers of academia through research projects.
- Graduates who will have the necessary theoretical & experimental knowledge, skill and aptitude in various defence technologies areas.
- The students will be provided valuable exposure & knowledge of various state-of-the-art defence systems and contemporary technologies through class lectures & the main thesis work.
- During the program, the students would be given valuable exposure by carrying out their main thesis work in DRDO labs, Defence PSUs & Private Defence Industries.
Program Objectives M. Tech. in Defence Technology
- To develop Post Graduates who have the necessary theoretical & experimental knowledge, skill and aptitude in defence technologies.
- To contrive skilled manpower in the field of defence technologies.
- To enhance students' interaction with the senior, experienced manpower engaged in defence labs and defence industries and have real-time knowledge.
- To acquaint students with the needs of technologies related to the defence & security of the nation.
Eligibility criteria to get admission in M. Tech. Program
Those who have pursued graduation in the following disciplines are eligible for taking up the M.Tech. Defence Technology courses in defence technology are listed below -
1) Aerospace Engineering
2) Aeronautical engineering
3) Applied Electronics and Communication Engineering
4) Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
5) Chemical Technology
6) Chemical engineering
7) Computer Science & Engineering
8) Computer and Communication Engineering
9) Computer Engineering
10) Computer Engineering and Applications
11) Computer Networking
12) Computer Science and Information Technology
13) Computer Science and Technology
14) Computer Technology
15) Electrical and Computer Engineering
16) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
17) Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
18) Electrical and Power Engineering
19) Electrical Engineering
20) Electronics engineering
21) Electrical, Electronics and Power Engineering
22) Electronics and Communication engineering
23) Instrumentation engineering
24) Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering
25) Electronics, Science and Engineering
26) Electronics and Computer Engineering
27) Electronics and Communication Engineering
28) Electronics and Computer Science
29) Electronics and Control Systems
30) Electronics and Power Engineering
31) Electronics and Telecommunication
32) Electronics, Instruments and Control Engineering
33) Electronics System Engineering
34) Instrumentation and Electronics
35) Instrumentation Engineering
36) Marine Engineering
37) Marine Technology
38) Mechanical and Automation Engineering
39) Mechatronics Engineering
40) Mechanical engineering
41) Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
42) Military engineering
43) Optics and Opto-electronics
44) Power Electronics Engineering
45) Radio, Physics and Electronics
46) Software Engineering
47) Structural Engineering
48) Telecommunication Engineering
Selection Process and Criteria
- Soon after launching the programme, DRDO headquarters and AICTE were flooded with many queries from institutes and students.
- More than 100 institutes have given overwhelming responses towards the course and are willing to start it this academic year.
- In addition, many private institutes/universities like Sharda University, GLA Mathura, and Amity University have also shown their interest in commencing this course in this academic session (2021-22), another DRDO official explained.
- Since this programme is a multi-disciplinary post-graduation, a total of 48 disciplines of engineering have been selected as eligibility criteria to get into the M.Tech programme.
- The selection process will be based on assessment and interview, which DRDO and AICTE will disclose. For regular updates, follow byjusexamprep
For more information about the DRDO vacancies, you can reach out to the following video on the Byju exam Prep's official youtube channel.
Syllabus of DRDO and AICTE launched new M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology
The course's main objective is to provide knowledge to the students about warfare systems and affluent them with combat modelling using mathematical modelling.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to ---
Understand the systems used in warfare scenarios.
Understand combat simulation & modelling
Understand the wargaming simulation & modelling and human factor representation.
Click Here to Download Full Syllabus of Defence Technology
The following articles are useful for preparing for the GATE Exam:
GATE 2022 Exam Syllabus
If you aiming to crack GATE & ESE, Other PSU Exams, then you must try Online Classroom Program:
Sahi Prep Hai To Life Set Hai !!!!
Commentswrite a comment