In the past few years, there is a lot of change in the ways people do shopping. Now, people mostly prefer to shop online, and also during this COVID-19 pandemic, the eCommerce industry is on a verge of a boom. Customers can just scroll through their smartphones and can get access to millions of products which include almost everything whether it is new mobile phone sales, or fashion sales, gadgets, anything you like. Many things are only releasing their products on online platforms only. You all must be well aware of Flipkart's Big Billion Sale, Amazon festival sale, and many more.
|BBA Important Exams|
- The days of browsing at a physical store location and asking sales associates for more information about products are gone. Now, consumers use the internet to get the information they need to make an informed purchasing decision, even if they still visit the physical store location to make their final purchase.
- The basic aim of both online marketing and offline marketing is to reach a maximum number of customers and also target specific customers.
- It takes more time and money to promote offline marketing whereas it becomes easy and cheap (comparable) to promote with the help of digital marketing and reach out to the world.
Why Digital Marketing is Important?
- In the time when there were no smartphones, then companies used T.V, magazines, radio, newspapers for advertising their products and thus if any customer is interested in their product they will reach them automatically by having a glimpse of their advertisement whereas now in this era of smartphones, maximum people spend their maximum time on a smartphone, on various social media platforms like Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.
- How much time do you spend on your Phone in a day(Average)? Comment in the comment box
- Instead of radio, people listen to songs on platforms like Gaana, Saavan, Wynk Music, etc, instead of reading newspapers people are reading blogs, and in spite of watching T.V, they prefer watching movies or any content they want on Youtube, MX Player, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. of their choice. Therefore, companies prefer to advertise digitally on all these platforms and promote in such places where there is the maximum bandwidth of customers.
- Instead of spending time going to the market and then buying all things, it takes very little time to purchase their favourite things or products on the internet.
- Digital Marketing has not only helped customers, but it has also helped the merchants because in no time they are able to reach a huge bulk of customers which has a rapid effect on their growth parameters.
Digital Marketing Channels:
- Website Marketing: It is a powerful medium needed to execute a variety of online marketing campaigns. A website can represent a product, or service in a clear and attractive way and it should be fast, mobile-friendly, and easy to use.
- Pay-per-Click Advertising: PPC enables the user to reach Internet users on a number of digital platforms through paid ads. The most popular PPC platforms are Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Content-Marketing: The goal of content marketing is to reach potential customers through the use of content. Content is usually published on a website and then promoted through social media, email marketing, SEO, or even PPC campaigns.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is still one of the most effective digital marketing channels. Many people confuse email marketing with spam email messages, but that’s not what email marketing is all about. Email marketing is the medium to get in touch with your potential customers or the people interested in your brand.
- Social Media Marketing: The primary goal of a social media marketing campaign is brand awareness and establishing social trust. As you go deeper into social media marketing, you can use it to get leads or even as a direct sales channel.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack IPM and other BBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card