Sections of Solids:
- To study the Invisible features of objects, solid are cut by imaginary planes.
- The part of the object between the cutting plane and the observer is assumed to be removed and the view is then shown in section.
- The imaginary plane is called a section plane or a cutting plane.
- The surface produced by cutting the object by the section plane is called the section.
- It is indicated by thin section lines uniformly spaced and inclined at 45°.
The projection of the section along with the remaining portion of the object is called a sectional view.
The projection of the section on the reference plane to which the section plane is perpendicular will be a straight-line coinciding with the trace of the section plane on it.
True shape of a section:
- The projection of the section on a plane parallel to the section plane will show the true shape of the section.
- Thus, when the section plane is parallel to the HP, the true shape of the section will be seen in sectional top view.
- When it is parallel to the VP, the true shape will be visible in the sectional front view.
But when the section plane is inclined, the section has to be projected on an auxiliary plane parallel to the section plane, to obtain its true shape.
When the section plane is perpendicular to both the reference planes, the sectional side view will show the true shape of the section.
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!