Delhi Police Constable Salary 2020 Details
Before moving on to the salary part, let us first discuss the role and responsibilities of the Delhi Police Constable. As a Delhi police constable you will have to deliver all the following duties:
- Register the grievances of the people: Yes, you need to register the complaint and forward it to your seniors whenever someone comes to the police station.
- Regular Patrolling of the areas allotted: Being on the field job, you will be required to take rounds of the place to check crime and maintain peace in the area. This will be part of your daily routine.
- Desk Job: Along with the patrolling, you will also be required to make the daily report and submit it to your seniors.
- Multi-tasking: You might have to carry out the duties of multi-task staff in the office in their absence.
- Take Prompt Actions on Field: This requires you to take independent and prompt actions on the field or area where the crime was conducted. You will have to assist your ASIs & SI on the field.
Let us now head towards the salary details of Delhi Police Constable.
Delhi Police Constable Salary
The salary of Delhi Police Constable constitutes the following things:
- Home Rental Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Travel Allowance (TA)
- Dearness on Travel Allowance
- Ration Money
Delhi Police Constable Allowances
The salary of Delhi Police Constable also constitutes various types of allowances, namely:
- Home Rental Allowance (HRA): HRA or House Rental Allowance is 24% of the basic pay.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): Dearness Allowance is the cost of adjustment which is 12% of the basic pay at present.
- Travel Allowance (TA): The Delhi Police Constable will be entitled to the travel Allowance which will be added to the basic pay.
- Others: Besides these allowances, one is also entitled to other benefits.
Delhi Police Constable Salary Structure
Delhi Police Constable
|Initial Pay||21700+ Allowances|
Delhi Police Constable Salary After 7th Pay Commission
|Delhi Police Constable Salary Structure||Components of Salary|
|HRA (24% of Basic Pay)||5208|
|DA (17% of Basic Pay)||3689|
|Net Salary (Gross Salary - Deductions)||36,046|
|Extra One month salary|
Credited in the month of January every year
|Dress Allowances -10000|
Credited in the month of July every year
Delhi Police Constable In-Hand Salary
The salary of the Delhi Police constable is Rs. 36,046 upon joining.
Delhi Police Constable Career Growth
The growth options for someone who joins as a constable does not limit in the Delhi police. Instead, the one who joins as a constable can reach to Assistant Commissioner of Police by climbing up the ladder.
Delhi Police Constable Related FAQs:
Q. What is the salary of Delhi Police constable?
Ans. The initial pay of Delhi Police Constable per month will be 21,700 plus allowances.
Q. What is the job role of Delhi Police constable (Exe.)?
Ans. The job role of Delhi Police Constable involves mainly field job along with the official file work.
Q. What is the pay level of Delhi Police Constable?
Ans. The Delhi Police Constable will be in the pay level 3.
Q. What is the total in-hand salary drawn by the Delhi Police head constable?
Ans. The total in-hand salary drawn by the Delhi Police Constable per month is Rs 36,046 (approx).
I hope you liked the article, if you wish to know more on the eligibility criteria, selection process, syllabus then you can click on the links provided below:
- Delhi Police Constable Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Delhi Police Constable Selection Process
- Delhi Police Constable Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020
Are you appearing for Delhi Police Constable 2020 Exam? If yes then we have a dedicated course for you in which we will prepare you for the upcoming Delhi Police Constable 2020 Exam. So, don’t lose the opportunity to grab your govt job with the help of BYJU'S Exam Prep. To start a free trial follow the link given below.
Attempt subject wise questions in our new practise section' Click here
Download Gradeup, the best government exam app for Preparation
BYJU'S Exam Prep today to score better!