Delhi Police Constable Exam Preparation: SSC has released the recruitment notification for 5,846 Constables in Delhi Police on August 01, 2020. This is a great opportunity for all the candidates who wish to serve society directly. Selection of candidates is done through four stages which include a written test, physical test, medical test, and document verification. In this article, we will provide you with the tips to prepare for the Delhi Police Constable written test which is the first stage.
Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern 2020
Before we go further for the exams tips let’s first discuss the exam pattern. Delhi Police Constable exam will be conducted by SSC board. The exam will be conducted in online mode through Computer Based Online paper. The test comprises 100 questions from four subjects which are: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, Numerical Ability or Elementary Mathematics, and Computer Knowledge.
Candidates are given 1 mark for each correct answer and deducted 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer. The duration of this test is 90 minutes or 1 hrs and 30 minutes. The question paper is bilingual viz. in both English and Hindi language. The below-mentioned table enlists the subjects, total questions and total marks given to each subject:
GK/ Current Affairs
Delhi Police Constable Syllabus 2020
Before preparing for any exam it is imperative to understand and go through the syllabus. Hence, we have provided the complete syllabus for Delhi Police Constable in the table below:
For Quant/ Numerical Ability:
For Computer Knowledge:
For General Awareness:
Delhi Police Constable Previous Year Question Paper Analysis
We are also providing you subject-wise previous year exam analysis so that you have a better understanding of the actual topics asked in the written test. However, it is important to note that questions pattern may vary as the exam conducting authority has changed and this time it will be TCS.
Important points on General Awareness as per the previous year papers:
- For History, at least 6 questions collectively were put up from topics including Ancient, Medieval and Modern History
- A minimum of 4 questions each were asked from Polity and Economics section
- A total of 6 questions stood from the Geography section
- At least 8-10 questions were asked from General Science and Environment section
- The remaining questions were put up from Current Affairs
Important highlights from the previous year exams for Reasoning section:
- From the Alphabet topic at least 3 questions were asked with questions based on the word, letter, and number
- A minimum of 2 questions each were put up from arithmetic reasoning, syllogism and blood relation section
- At least 3 questions were asked from topics including counting figures, coding-decoding, figure formation and figure series
- All the rest questions were from the miscellaneous topics
Some important points from the previous year papers for Quant section:
- Major questions were asked from topics including Number System, Divisibility and Remainder, Profit & Loss and Discount, Simplification
- At least one question was put up from topics such as Mensuration, Identities, Surds and Indices, HCF and LCM, Partnership, Problems on Ages, Time and Work along with Speed, Time and Distance
As now you are aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, and little bit about the weightage of topics. So, now it’s time to make your strategy to crack Delhi Police Constable. Before creating your strategy you can refer to some crucial tips on ‘How to Crack Delhi Police Constable’ as listed below:
How to prepare for the Quant (Numerical Ability) section for Delhi Police Constable Exam 2020?
- Quant is a game of practice, it’s just like ‘the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war’. So practice a lot on important topics including Profit & Loss & Discount, Divisibility & Remainder, Simplification, and Number System
- It’s imperative to keep all formulas on fingertips and go for different tricks to save your time for other questions
- Give equal importance to speed and concept. First, understand the concept of the question and solve it through the best methods that you recall
- One should also be aware of all different question types that a particular topic is comprised of.
- Use the value of the options (in MCQs) to solve the question this is also one important method applied by the aspirants
How to prepare the Reasoning section for Delhi Police Constable Exam 2020?
Reasoning is considered the most scoring section among others, therefore, it is very important to score well in this section. As per the latest exam pattern, now, the number of questions has been reduced from 35 to 25. Candidates must keep these points in mind at the time of preparation for the reasoning section:
- According to the new pattern, Non-verbal section in reasoning will consist of approximately 10-12 questions. Non-verbal section covers topics like mirror image, embedded/ hidden figure, pattern completion, paper cutting and folding, figure series, figure formation and analysis odd figure, pictorial analogies, etc. Therefore, you should solve enough questions on these topics
- While solving questions from syllogism topic, draw Venn-diagrams to avoid confusion
- Try to remember the sequence of the alphabets i.e. which alphabet comes after/ before the particular alphabet and one should also remember their numerical position from 1 to 26 and also the reverse order. This will help you to save time for other questions
- For cases where the questions are tricky and time-consuming, you can jump-on to the next question and then come back later if the time permits
- Also, it is advised to read the questions carefully to avoid silly mistakes
- Practice enough previous year question papers to analyse the pattern. You can also subscribe to mocks available on BYJU'S Exam Prep app
How to prepare General Awareness (GA) and Current Affairs section for Delhi Police Constable Exam 2020?
General Awareness is the least time taking section as you can easily identify the correct answer if you recognise it in the options. Most of the candidates complete this section within 10 minutes, you can then use the saved time for calculations in the Quant section. Here are some important tips to prepare for the GA section:
- Don’t wait for the last 10 or 15 days to prepare, rather, start preparing well in advance by as much as two months before the exam.
- As per the recent exam trends, questions from Current Affairs (CA) section are given equal weight to the static section. Therefore, it is advised to give equal importance and stay updated by regularly reading newspapers and making notes. You can also go through BYJU'S Exam Prep monthly Current Affairs
- When preparing for the Science section focus on the concept as many a times conceptual questions are put up
- It is important to make notes and create mind maps to remember facts, chronologies of historical events and dates. You can follow BYJU'S Exam Prep videos where tricks to remember are also taught
- Develop a habit of attempting a minimum of 75 questions of GA every day with a time limit of 30 minutes
- For GA and CA section, remember, revision is the key to score better
How to prepare Computer knowledge section for Delhi Police Constable Exam 2020?
Computer Awareness section is easiest of all and is rewarding when it comes to scoring marks owing to the fact that the syllabus is limited and one can even aim to score full marks in it. You can start by aiming for 2 chapters a week and take quizzes based on it. Revision also plays a vital role. Keep revising the syllabus multiple times so you do not skip a question on account of the dearth of the knowledge. The main areas to focus on this section are:
- Generations of computer
- MS word
- MS Office
- short cut keys
I hope you liked the article, if you wish to know more on the eligibility criteria, selection process, syllabus then you can click on the links provided below:
- Delhi Police Constable Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Delhi Police Constable Selection Process
- Delhi Police Constable Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2020
Are you appearing for Delhi Police Constable 2020 Exam? If yes then we have a dedicated course for you in which we will prepare you for the upcoming Delhi Police Constable 2020 Exam. So, don’t lose the opportunity to grab your govt job with the help of BYJU'S Exam Prep. To start a free trial follow the link given below.
Attempt subject wise questions in our new practise section' Click here