- Multi-Mission capability- It is capable of doing anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare missions, special forces operations, command, and control, search and rescue, etc.
- High Reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Crew: 3–4
- Capacity: 5 troops
- Maximum speed:270km/hr
- Range: approximately 820 km
- Engines: 2 * General Electric Turboshaft Engines
- Maximum takeoff weight: approximately 10,400 kg
- AGM_114 Hellfire missiles
- Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System
- M60 machine gun (7.62mm) or a Minigun(7.62)
- Airborne Mine Clearance System
Westland Sea King (United Kingdom)
3–4 + 5(men)
Why do we need this helicopter?
- Multi-Mission capability- It is capable of performing anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare missions, special forces operations, command, and control, search and rescue, etc.
- There has been a need for a multirole helicopter for a very long time. It will replace the Ageing British-origin Sea king fleet, which is necessary for India to have control over the Indian Ocean.
- To Tackle the Chinese presence in the Indian ocean and build a blue-water navy. If the deal is finalized on time, the helicopters are expected to be delivered between 2020-2024.
- The Indian government is taking measures to increase the arsenal of the Indian Navy so that the balance of power in the Indian Ocean region can be maintained, whereas China is increasing its presence in the Indian Ocean region by acquiring and building Naval bases.
- China has already acquired a logistics base in Djibouti and Hambantota port in Srilanka on a lease of 99 years. India is also worried about the frequent deployment of Chinese submarines in the Indian Ocean
- For the first time presence of a Chinese nuclear submarine was observed in 2013 after which it docked its Song-class diesel-electric attack submarine in Srilanka in 2014. Seven weeks later, a Type 091 Han-class nuclear-powered submarine was also seen in Srilankan waters.
- The Indian Ocean is important in both countries, where most of the trade is through this area. In case of any escalations between the two countries, the country which has a stronghold over the Indian Ocean region will have the upper hand.
Sahi Prep Hai Toh Life Set Hai!