The full timetable of any NDA cadet in the first phase at National Defence Academy can’t be justified in writing since it is an everyday challenge. Only the cadet able to express his feelings and share his life’s experience at the NDA. But let’s try displaying the full timetable of a cadet.
So, there are about 15 squadrons at NDA namely from A to O comprising around 120 cadets each. So the overall strength count is around 1800 at the campus.
Full time-table of Training Activities at NDA
The day to day routine of a cadet starts anywhere between 04:00 am to 06:00 am. The cadet should get ready for the morning drill or PT. In NDA terms this time is known as “Physical Conditioning” as the cadet has to freshen-up, brush, shave and wear neat clothes.
06:00 am to 06:30 am: This is the time to move out for morning classes or drill.
06:30 am to 08:00 am: PT or Drill which is also known as Outdoor Training Session.
08:30 am: It is the breakfast time at the mess (Eventually some time to eat, but after taking the bath and getting ready for the Academic Classes). And also, there is a condition that one will get breakfast only if a cadet is on time and ready for the next class otherwise one has to skip breakfast. That’s what the discipline is.
09:00 am to 01:00 pm: It is the time for the Academic Classes (includes subjects related to B.Sc. or B.Tech. based on the Cadet’s choice). This duration is categorised into six periods. On the completion of each period, the cadet has to displace from one hall to another.
In this table we are sharing the afternoon schedule of NDA cadets.
01:30 pm: It is the lunch-time. After keeping the heads down for that long duration of the study, it is the time for some meal & chit-chat.
03:00 pm to 06:00 pm: It is the time for which every cadet waits for the whole day as It is the Games Time (football or basketball or hockey or volleyball) depending on what the competition is happening at that moment. In addition, cross-country practice. Or PT/swimming if a cadet is weak in either. Some situations all of the above.
In this table we are sharing the Evening schedule of NDA cadets.
06:30 pm to 08:00 pm: It is again some study time after having had a bath, cleaned up one’s room & the corridor outside.
08:00 pm to 08:30 pm: It is the time of Orders Fall in from the CSM (Cadet Squadron Major). Not a very enjoyable half an hour. The CSM will shout & pass some orders and punishment for the cadets. But, cadets take it in a positive way as this will make an individual tough and realize one’s mistakes.
08:30 to 08:50 pm: It is the time for Dinner. The fastest and the most unpleasant meal of the day, as everyone eats together. The time when a cadet’s third term over-studies teaches individual to use a fork & spoon and other assorted table manners. But still, at least a cadet will get something to eat after a very hectic day at the campus.
09:00 pm to 10:00 pm: It is again time for some physical activities. PT or Games Unofficial. The denounce seniors never tire. Sit-ups are extremely unpleasant on a full stomach.
10:00 pm: It is the light out time. Eventually, the time to take some good sleep after the restless whole-day activities. But, If a cadet were a faulter during the day, as one might get late since the distances in the Academy are quite too much or if a cadet is inappropriately dressed, he is liable for punishments.
Challenges & Disciplined Life
- Don’t get an idea that a cadet’s daily routine will only include physical training as there are exams even at regular intervals. Then there are other activities such as PT, horse riding, basketball, hockey, football, literature, yoga, arts and various others which are divided into two clubs namely, the indoor club and the outdoor club in which a cadet has to indulge himself.
- The pressure is very much to show the best result as anticipated. The struggle continues when one’s seniors & instructors humiliate him on his failures. But this is done only to build a strong person in a cadet.
- Discipline & time management are two key ways to survive in the academy and these factors will even define cadet’s not only during the training period but also when a cadet become an officer.
- Life at NDA is quite strict as one has to go through the tough punishments on being a defaulter so one has to follow each and every rule. The cadet learns to build confidence, how to work under pressure, to be punctual and much more in these 3 years. The academy ensures that after a cadet completes his training, he is all ready to serve your country at the best.
- One thing is quite clear, that one can survive in NDA only by his hard work, perseverance and dedication. One has to study hard and play harder
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App