1. India successfully test-fired Nuclear-capable Agni-4 Ballistic Missile
- India has successfully test- fired a nuclear-capable Agni-IV ballistic missile from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- Agni-IV can strike targets 4,000 km away.
- This missile is the fourth in the Agni series of missiles which is earlier known as Agni II prime.
- This missile was designed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by the Bharat Dynamics Limited.
- Length of Agni IV: 20 metres
2. FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches single nodal agency dashboard
- Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the Single Nodal Agency Dashboard during the Iconic Week Celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Iconic Week of the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Corporate Affairs was launched by PM Modi.
- Aim of this dashboard: It also ensures about Centrally Sponsored Schemes fund utilization, tracking of funds, pragmatic and just-in-time release of funds to the States.
3. HM Amit Shah inaugurates National Tribal Research Institute in New Delhi
- Home Minister, Amit Shah has inaugurated the National Tribal Research Institute (NTRI) in New Delhi as a part of 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav' celebration by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- NTRI will be a leading national institute for tribal concerns, issues and executive and legislative fields.
- It will also monitor projects of Tribal Research Institutes and set up norms for improvement in the quality of research and training.
- Minister of Tribal Affairs: Arjun Munda
4. Amazon, Manipur Handloom & Handicrafts Development Corporation sign MoU
- Manipur Handloom & Handicrafts Development Corporation (MHHDC) has signed a pact with Amazon for providing an e-market platform for traditional handloom and handicraft items.
- Both representatives, signed the MoU at the opening function of Manipur Heritage Expo, 2022.
- As per the National Handloom Census Report, 2019, Manipur is a home of around 2.12 lakh handloom weavers, around 2.11 lakh looms and around two lakh handicraft artisans.
- Manipur CM: N. Biren Singh
5. Multinational Peacekeeping 'Ex Khaan Quest 2022' begins in Mongolia
- A multinational peacekeeping exercise, 'Ex Khaan Quest' 2022 has started in Mongolia.
- 16 countries are taking part in this exercise including India.
- This exercise has been inaugurated by the President of Mongolia, Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh.
- Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the Ladakh Scouts.
- Aim: Enhance interoperability, building military to military relationships, developing peace support operations and military readiness among participating nations.
6. DAC clears proposals worth Rs 76,390 crore to boost ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has accorded the Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for Capital Acquisition Proposals of the Armed Forces amounting to Rs 76,390 crore.
- This will give boost to the Indian Defence Industry and reduce foreign spending significantly.
- The DAC meeting was headed by Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh.
- Indian Army: Rough Terrain Fork Lift Trucks, Bridge Laying Tanks, Wheeled Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
- Indian Navy: Next Generation Corvettes (NGC).
Banking & Finance
7. RBI releases provisioning norms for upper-layer NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the provisioning guidelines for outstanding loans extended by 'NBFC-Upper Layer'.
- These guidelines shall be effective from October 1, 2022.
- Individual housing loans and loans to Small and Micro Enterprises (SMEs) : 0.25%
- Housing loans extended at teaser rates: 2% (decrease to 0.4% after 1 year from the date on which the rates are raised.)
- Advances to Commercial Real Estate- Residential Housing (CRE - RH) Sector: 0.75%
Banking & Finance
8. RBI declares results of its First Global Hackathon - HARBINGER 2021
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had launched its first global hackathon – “HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation”.
- Theme of HARBINGER 2021: Smarter Digital Payments.
- Tone Tag (brand of Naffa Innovations) has been declared the winner in two categories, first is 'Innovative, easy-to-use, non-mobile digital payment solutions' and second is 'Context-based retail payments to remove the physical act of payment'.
9. World Food Safety Day 2022 : 7th June
- The World Food Safety Day is observed annually on June 7 to raise awareness of the health hazards associated with unsafe food, and to highlight the significance of hygiene in daily life.
- Theme 2022: ‘Safer food, better health’.
- This day was marked by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on December 20, 2018.
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and WHO jointly celebrate the observance of this day.
- WHO Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- FAO HQ: Rome, Italy
Honours & Awards
10. Indian Railways awarded by the UIC International Sustainable Railway Awards
- Indian Railways have been conferred with the UIC International Sustainable Railway Awards (ISRA) in the category of “Best use of Zero-Carbon Technology” for feeding Solar Energy directly to 25 KV AC Traction System.
- Initiatives of Indian Railway to protect environment:-
- Use of alternate fuels like CNG.
- Improving water use efficiency through measures like water recycling and rain water harvesting.
National & International Appointments
11. MS Dhoni becomes brand ambassador of Garuda Aerospace
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has invested an undisclosed amount in Garuda Aerospace, which is an Indian drone startup.
- He has also appointed as a brand ambassador of this company.
- Garuda Aerospace is among the four drone startups that had been selected by Swiggy for a pilot project which involve carrying out supply runs for its grocery service Instamart.
- Garuda Aerospace was started in 2015.
- Founder & CEO: Agnishwar Jayaprakash
- Garuda Aerospace HQ: Chennai
National & International Organizations
12. Instagram to launch AMBER alerts to help in finding missing children
- Meta has announced that AMBER alerts will soon be rolled out to Instagram in 25 countries.
- With the help of this alerts, users will get notifications of missing children in the area.
- This feature was already available on Facebook and helped to find hundreds of children since it was introduced in 2015.
- This was developed in partnership with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in US and International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children.
Banking & Finance
13. Airtel Payments Bank offer gold loans in partnership with Muthoot Finance
- Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with Muthoot Finance to offer gold loans through Airtel Thanks app.
- There will be no-processing charge on the loan.
- Muthoot Finance will provide up to 75% of the pledged gold value as a loan.
- The loan facility will be available at the 5 lakh banking points for Airtel Payments Bank.
- Gold Loans are secured loans that can be availed to cater to a variety of needs, from personal to professional.