1. Khelo India Youth Games-2021 begins in Haryana today
- The 4th edition of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021 begins today in Panchkula, Haryana.
- The event was inaugurated by the union home minister Amit Shah.
- KIYG is the flagship event of the Indian government’s Khelo India initiative.
- KIYG 2021 will see participation from 37 States and Union Territories of India.
- As many as 25 sports events will be organized at five venues namely Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Chandigarh, and Delhi.
2. eSanjeevani integrated with NHA's Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- According to National Health Authority (NHA), telemedicine service 'eSanjeevani' has been ntegrated with the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- This will now enable users of eSanjeevani to create their 14-digit unique Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) and use it to link their existing health records.
- eSanjeevani is a telemedicine service of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
3. National parks, sanctuaries must have ESZ of 1 km from boundary: SC
- The Supreme Court of India directed that national parks and wildlife sanctuaries must have an Eco Sensitive Zone (ESZ) of minimum one km from the demarcated boundary of a protected forest
- The SC said that mining within the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries shall not be permitted and no permanent structure will be allowed within the ESZ
- It also directed the Chief Conservator of Forests of all states and UTs to prepare a list of existing structures within the ESZs
Banking & Finance
4. RBI launches annual survey on foreign liabilities, assets of MF, AMC
- The RBI has launched the 2021-22 round of its annual survey on "Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Mutual Funds and Asset Management Companies".
- The survey collects information from mutual fund companies and asset management companies on their external financial liabilities and assets at the end of March of the latest financial year.
- The survey results are released in the public domain besides being used for compilation of balance of payments statistics and other uses
5. In a first, IIM-Ahmedabad brings out agriculture land price index
- In a first, IIM-Ahmedabad (IIM-A) has joined hands with an e-marketplace for agricultural land, SFarms India, to develop a farmland price index based on the sales and purchases done on the platform.
- The index has been designed to record and present the “quality-controlled” data on the prices of agricultural land in the country.
- The index will track the price movements in the marketplace and come up with a composite pricing mechanism on a monthly basis.
Honours & Awards
6. Jennifer Lopez to receive lifetime achievement award at MTV Movie & TV Awar
- MTV announced that Jennifer Lopez would be awarded the Generation Award at their forthcoming MTV Movie & TV Awards.
- MTV Movie & TV Awards recognizes actors who have diversely contributed to both film and TV industry and are known in every household.
- Vanessa Hudgens will host the Generation Awards.
- Jennifer Lopez will receive the lifetime achievement award.
- Jennifer is all set to release her latest Netflix documentary named “Halftime”.
7. INS Nishank, INS Akshay decommissioned after 32 years in service
- The Indian Navy has decommissioned its two ships, INS Akshay and INS Nishank, after 32 years of service.
- These two ships also participated in Operation Talwar and Operation Parakram.
- While INS Nishank, a high-speed missile craft, was commissioned on September 12, 1989, INS Akshay was commissioned a year later on December 10, 1990 at Poti, Georgia.
- Both were part of the 22 Missile Vessel Squadron and 23 Patrol Vessel Squadron, respectively.
Banking & Finance
8. Tata Projects wins bid to build Jewar Airport
- Tata projects will build the national capital region’s new airport at Jewar.
- It outbid the Shapoorji Pallinji Group and Larsen & Toubro for the contract.
- Tata Projects, the infrastructure and construction arm of the Tata group, will construct the terminal, runway, airside infrastructure, roads, utilities, landside facilities and other ancillary buildings at the Noida International Airport.
- The new airport is expected to be functional by 2024.
9. IAF heritage centre to be set up in Chandigarh
- A heritage centre to showcase the role of the Indian Air Force in various wars and its overall functioning will come up at Chandigarh.
- The 'IAF Heritage Centre' will be set up jointly by the force and the Chandigarh administration.
- An MoU between the Union Territory of Chandigarh and the IAF for setting up of the centre was signed.
- The ceremony was attended by Punjab Governor Banwarilal Purohit and Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari.
10. Union Minister Dr. Virendra Kumar launched the “SHRESHTA”
- Union Minister of social Justice and empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launched the Scheme“SHRESHTA”.
- The Scheme is for residential education for students in High school in Targeted Areas.
- The Scheme for Residential Education for Students in Targeted Areas (SHRESHTA) has been formulated with the objective to provide quality education and opportunities for even the poorest Scheduled Caste students.