1. Indian Shooter Rudrankksh Patil won ISSF President’s Cup in Egypt
- Indian shooter, Rudrankksh Patil (18) has clinched the ISSF President’s Cup held in Cairo, Egypt from 28th Nov to 4th Dec 2022.
- He has defeated Danilo Sollazzo (Italy) in the 10-metre rifle by 16-8.
- He had also bagged India's first quota for the 2024 Paris Olympics in October 2022.
- Olympian, Anjum Moudgil (world No. 4) had secured silver after losing to Anna Janssen (Germany) in the women’s 50m rifle 3 positions final.
2. Saurashtra cricket team wins 2022 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Saurashtra cricket team has defeated Maharashtra cricket team by 5 wickets in the final to win the 2022 Vijay Hazare Trophy at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Player of the match: Sheldon Jackson (Saurashtra ,133 runs in 135 Balls)
- Player of the tournament: Ruturaj Gaikwad (Maharashtra, Games: 5; Runs: 660)
- Most Runs: N Jagadeesan (TN): 830runs, 8 innings
- Highest Score: N Jagadeesan
- Most Fours: N Jagadeesan
- Most Sixes: Ruturaj Gaikwad
3. Veteran documentarian, Julia Reichert passes away
- Veteran documentarian, Julia Reichert, who won an Oscar in 2020 for her feature ‘American Factory,’ has been passed away at the age of 76 due to cancer.
- She has received four Academy Award nominations and one win, two Primetime Emmys, a Director’s Guild Award and two Peabody Awards nods.
- Her documentaries including: Union Maids, Seeing Red: Stories of American Communists, and The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant.
Banking & Finance
4. RBI implements 4 tiered regulatory norms for UCB
- RBI has announced a four-tiered regulatory framework for categorisation of Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs).
- It is based on size of deposits of the UCBs and came into force with immediate effect.
- The extant regulatory framework classifies UCBs into two tiers -- Tier I and Tier II.
- Tier 1: Deposits up to Rs 100 cr
- Tier 2: More than Rs 100 cr and up to Rs 1,000 cr
- Tier 3: More than Rs 1,000 cr and up to Rs 10,000 cr
- Tier 4: More than Rs 10,000 cr
Banking & Finance
5. NSE Indices launches new Nifty Bharat Bond Index
- NSE Indices (Subsidiary of National Stock Exchange) has launched new Index under the Nifty Bharat Bond Index series.
- The Bharat Bond Index series follows a target maturity date structure wherein each index in the series measures the performance of a portfolio of 'AAA' rated bonds issued by government owned entities maturing in a specific year.
- Nifty Bharat Bond Index — April 2033 - has been launched within the Nifty Bharat Bond Index series.
6. Veteran Odia, actress Jharana Das passes away
- Veteran Odia actress, Jharana Das has been passed away at the age of 77 due to old age-related aliment.
- She was awarded the state government’s prestigious Jaydev Puraskar for her lifetime contribution to Odia film industry.
- Her films - Shree Jagannath, Nari, Adinamegha, Hisabnikas, Pujafula, and Heera Nella.
- She had also worked as a child artist with AIR, Cuttack.
- She was also honoured with Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Award for lifetime achievement in 2016.
Banking & Finance
7. NPCI extends UPI market cap deadline by 2 years
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced that deadline for Unified Payments Interface (UPI) players to limit to a market cap of 30% has been extended by two years (December 31, 2024).
- The deadline given by NPCI was of December 31, 2022.
- In November 2022, the NPCI had proposed a 30% volume cap for third-party app providers (TPAP).
- Currently, there is no cap on volume of transactions and about 80% share of market hold by the private players.
National & International Organizations
8. Pakistan tops list of nations at risk of violence: Report
- According to the US think-tank 'Early Warning Project' (EWP) report, For the third time in a row, Pakistan has topped the list of countries at the highest risk of experiencing mass killings.
- While, Yemen and Myanmar in placed second and third spots respectively in the list.
- Afghanistan and India were placed in the seventh and eighth spots respectively.
- Syria and Iraq were placed in the 11th and 12th spots respectively and China was placed 23rd in the list.
9. 'Divya Kala Mela' started on Kartavya Path
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Virendra Kumar has inaugurated the Divya Kala Mela in Kartavya Path at India Gate, Delhi
- The Divya Kala Mela was started on 2nd and will continue till 7th December.
- Aim: To provide a great platform for the products and craftsmanship of Divyang artisans, craftsmen and artisans from across the country.
- The four finance corporations under this ministry, NHFDC, NBCFDC, NSFDC and NSKDFC will provide financial assistance
Banking & Finance
10. World Bank provide financial aid of USD 250 million to Bangladesh
- The World Bank has approved the financial aid of USD 250 million to Bangladesh to strengthen the environment management and promote private sector participation in green investment.
- Bangladesh Environmental Sustainability and Transformation (BEST) Project will help the country tackle key pollution issues.
- The project will help to construct four vehicle inspection centres using private-public partnership modality to inspect about 46,000 vehicles annually.