1. DRDO conducts successful maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing Technology
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has conducted successfully maiden flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from the Aeronautical Test Range, Karnataka.
- It is powered by a small turbofan engine.
- The unmanned aerial vehicle is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment.
- The aircraft system such as airframe, undercarriage and entire flight control and avionics systems had been developed indigenously.
2. NMCG creates Namami Gange Amrit Vatika at Kalindi Kunj Ghat
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has planted 75 sapling under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav to create Namami Gange Amrit Vatika at Kalindi Kunj Ghat on River Yamuna in New Delhi.
- This activity was carried out under the initiative Yamuna Ghat par Vriksharopan.
- NMCG has also conducted the Cleanliness drive on River Yamuna in Delhi is a regular activity organized on the 4th Saturday of every month.
- Director General of NMCG: G. Asok Kumar
3. international Plastic Bag Free Day: 3rd July
- July 3 is observed as the International Plastic Bag Free Day annually to raise the awareness about the issue of plastic pollution on the planet.
- This day was first observed on July 3, 2008, by a member of Zero Waste Europe (ZWE) Rezero in Catalonia.
- Later, the day was launched in the European Union by ZWE.
- Plastic is a serious threat to the natural environment including land and marine life.
- India bans single Use of plastic from 1st July 2022.
4. NTPC signs MoU with Rajasthan govt for 10 GW renewable energy park
- NTPC signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Rajasthan government for the development of 10 GW Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Park in Rajasthan.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Rajasthan Energy Minister Bhanwar Singh Bhati.
- In addition to this, the NTPC REL is developing one UMREPP of 4.75 GW capacity in Rann of Kutch, Gujarat.
- NTPC REL has entered into a JV agreement with DVC for developing RE Parks and projects.
- NTPC CMD: Gurdeep Singh
5. Rajnath Singh inaugurates new manufacturing Bhanur Unit of BDL in Telangana
- Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh has inaugurated a new manufacturing facilities at the Bhanur Unit of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) in Telangana.
- Includes: Warhead facility at the Bhanur Unit; a Radio Frequency (RF) Seeker facility at Kanchanbagh Unit.
- The RF Seeker Facility is an integrated Centre for the production and testing of RF seekers.
- A Central Storage facility at Visakhapatnam Unit of BDL was also inaugurated by Defence minister, virtually.
6. PM Modi inaugurates first smart campus of Bosch India in Bengaluru
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has virtually inaugurated Bosch India's first smart campus in Bengaluru, it was built at a cost of Rs 800 crore.
- The 76-acre, Spark.NXT campus facilitates multiple smart solutions based on security, sustainability, and user experience for associates, visitors, and facility management.
- At present, Bosch has 16 manufacturing sites and seven development and application centres in India.
- MD, Bosch Limited India: Soumitra Bhattacharya
Honours & Awards
7. AIIA Director, Tanuja Nesari honoured with Ayurveda Ratna award by UK
- The Director of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), Tanuja Nesari, was awarded the Ayurveda Ratna Award by the UK Parliament.
- She received the award for her contribution to furthering the growth of Ayurveda in India and abroad.
- The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Indian Traditional Sciences was formed to promote the knowledge of Ayurveda, Yoga, Jyotish, Vastu, Unani and Sangeetam in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Banking & Finance
8. CRISIL reduces India's FY23 GDP growth estimate to 7.3% from 7.8%
- Crisil has cut the real GDP growth forecast for India to 7.3% in FY23 from 7.8%.
- Reason: The downward revision to higher oil prices, slowing of export demand and high inflation.
- The RBI has also estimated 7.2% real GDP growth for this fiscal year.
- Inflation has been pegged to average at 6.8% in FY23 as against 5.5%t in FY22, it reduces the purchasing power of consumers.
World Bank GDP forecast for FY23: 7.5%
- CRISIL CEO: Amish Mehta
9. PM Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises completes two years
- The centrally sponsored scheme, Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) has completed two years.
- This scheme was launched on 29th June 2020 by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Aim: formalising the food processing sector and celebrating their tremendous support towards the economy.
- Minister of Food Processing Industries: Pashupati Kumar Paras
Banking & Finance
10. SBI Card partners with Aditya Birla Finance to launch credit card
- SBI Card has entered into a partnership with Aditya Birla Finance Ltd to launch credit card named ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card'.
- This card offers benefits on both premium and mass brands that belong to the Aditya Birla Group.
- This is a rewards-centric credit card, launched in two variants - ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card SELECT’ and ‘Aditya Birla SBI Card’ on the Visa platform.
- MD and CEO Aditya Birla Finance Ltd: Rakesh Singh
- MD and CEO SBI Card: Rama Mohan Rao Amara