Science & Technology
1. India’s first private launchpad set up by AgniKul Cosmos at Sriharikota
- AgniKul Cosmos (space-tech startup) has set up India's first private launchpad and mission control centre at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- The launchpad is designed and operated by AgniKul.
- It has incubated at the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, plans to guide and control its upcoming launches from this facility.
- In its first launch, a two-stage launch vehicle, ‘Agnibaan’ is intended to carry a payload of up to 100 kg to around 700 km altitude.
Honours & Awards
2. Iranian film ‘Nargesi’ wins ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal at IFFI 53
- Nargesi (Iranian film), Directed by Payam Eskandari has won the ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal at the 53rd edition of IFFI.
- This award conferred to a film that best reflects Mahatma Gandhi's ideals of peace, tolerance and non-violence.
- Other awards:
- Indian Film Personality of the Year – Chiranjeevi
- Best Film (Golden Peacock)- I Have Electric Dreams
- Best Actor (Female)- Daniela Marin Navarro (for I Have Electric Dreams)
- Best Actor (Male)- Vahid Mobasheri (for No End)
3. R.K Singh inaugurates Mobile Health Clinics 'Doctor Apke Dwar'
- R.K. Singh (Minister of Power) has inaugurated REC’s CSR initiative for procurement, operation and maintenance of ten Mobile Health Clinics (MHC) at Bhojpur, Bihar.
- Total cost of project: Rs. 12.68 crore
- Out of 10 MHCs, three are exclusively for women, that will provide door-step primary health care service to the underprivileged population across all 14 blocks of Bhojpur, Bihar.
- Each MHC will organize over 20 camps per month and check 50-70 patients every day.
4. Madras Boat Club women won 2022 Adyar trophy
- The Madras Boat Club (women) has clinched the Adyar trophy at the 81st Annual Madras-Colombo Rowing Regatta at Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- While, The Colombo Rowing Club (men) has lifted the Deepam trophy at the event.
- The first-ever Madras-Colombo Regatta was held in 1898 and is considered to be the second oldest sporting event next only to Oxford - Cambridge Regatta.
- The two rowing clubs, the Madras Boat Club and the Colombo Rowing Club organise the regatta alternately.
Honours & Awards
5. Ministry of Health awarded at 41st IITF 2022
- The pavilion of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has won the Outstanding Contribution towards Public Communication and Outreach award at 41st India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2022 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- 2022 theme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare: Heal in India, Heal by India.
- The Health Pavilion has showcased various initiatives, schemes and achievements of the Union Health Ministry.
- IITF 2022 Theme: Vocal for Local, Local to Global
6. India-Malaysia joint military Exercise Harimau Shakti 2022 begins
- A joint military exercise between India-Malaysia, Harimau Shakti-2022 has been started at Pulai Klang in Malaysia.
- The military exercise will culminate on the 12th December 2022.
- Aim: To enhance the defence cooperation between Indian Army and the Malaysian Army.
- The combat troops of the Garhwal Rifles Regiment of the Indian Army and the Royal Malay Regiment of the Malaysian Army participated in the exercise.
- It is an annual training event has been conducted since 2012.
Summits & Conferences
7. 7th Global Technology Summit organised in New Delhi
- The 7th Global Technology Summit has been organised from 29th Nov - 1st Dec 2022 in New Delhi in a hybrid format.
- This summit is India’s annual flagship event on Geotechnology and is co-hosted by the Ministry of External Affairs and Carnegie India.
- 2022 theme: Geopolitics of Technology
- Ministers and senior government officials from the US, Singapore, Japan, Nigeria, Brazil, Bhutan, the European Union, and other countries has participated in the Summit.
8. Tamil Nadu CM inaugurates SIPCOT industrial park
- Tamil Nadu CM, M K Stalin has inaugurated the SIPCOT Industrial Park at Eraiyur in Perambalur district, Tamil Nadu.
- He has also laid the foundation stone for the Phoenix Kothari Footwear Park.
- SIPCOT (State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited) industrial park in the industrially backward district of Perambalur.
- The park established on 243.49 acre in Eraiyur on the Chennai-Tiruchy national highway.
9. Power Ministry launches scheme for procurement of aggregate power
- Ministry of Power has launched a scheme for procurement of aggregate power of 4500 MW for five years under SHAKTI Policy.
- Aim: To help states that are facing power shortage and help generation plants to increase their capacities.
- PFC Consulting Limited has been designated as the nodal agency.
- Under the scheme, PFC Consulting Ltd has invited bids for the supply of 4,500 MW.
- Supply of electricity will commence from April 2023.
10. KVIC Chairman inaugurates the ambitious Re-Hab Project
- KVIC Chairman, Manoj Kumar has inaugurated the ambitious Re-Hab Project (Reducing Human Attacks using Honey Bees) by Khadi and Village Industries Commission at village Chausla, District Nainital.
- He has also distributed 330 Bee-boxes, bee-colonies and toolkits along with the honey extractors to the rural beneficiaries in Chausla village, free of cost.
- As a new initiative, the Re-Hab project will be run by KVIC at selected locations for a period of one year.
11. Ministry of Rural Development launched ‘Nai Chetna’ Gender Campaign
- ‘Nai Chetna’ campaign was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development and involves sensitizing women, especially in rural areas.
- Aim: To enable women to acknowledge, prepare, and take support in situations of comprise.
- This campaign was launched on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women on 25th November 2022.
- The campaign also aims to raise awareness about the institutional mechanisms available for women to fight gender-based violence.
Honours & Awards
12. Tamil writer Imayam selected for Kuvempu national award
- Rashtrakavi Kuvempu Prathishtana Kuppali has selected V Annamalai aka Imayam (Tamil poet) for the Kuvempu National award for the year 2022.
- Kannada National Poet Kwembu Rashtriya Puraskar Award is presented annually in memory of the late poet Kwembu.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a silver medal and a citation.
- A committee headed by BL Shankar, acting president, Rashtrakavi Kuvempu Trust.
National & International Appointments
13. SEBI gives nod to Sundararaman Ramamurthy as MD and CEO of BSE
- BSE Ltd has received an approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for Sundararaman Ramamurthy as the MD & CEO.
- The top position was vacant since July when Ashishkumar Chauhan, who stepped down as the chief executive of BSE.
- His appointment is subject to the approval of the shareholders.
- At present, he is the chief operating officer of the India arm of Bank of America Corp, and has previously worked as a senior vice president at NSE.