1. Madhya Pradesh clinches first ever Ranji Trophy title against Mumbai
- Madhya Pradesh has created history after defeating the 41-time champions, Mumbai by six wickets to win their first-ever Ranji Trophy title at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Madhya Pradesh has chased down 108 in the fourth innings for the fall of four wickets.
- Madhya Pradesh has now become the fourth first-time winner of the Ranji Trophy in the last five seasons - joining Gujarat, Vidarbha (two-time winners now) and Saurashtra.
2. G7 leaders pledge 600 billion for developing countries
- During the Group of Seven (G7) Summit in Germany's Bavarian Alps, G7 leader has made an announcement to help developing countries tackle climate change and pledge to raise 600 billion dollar.
- This will boost help to give a boost to the economies of countries.
- G7 is offering sustainable, quality infrastructure and will be listening closely to the recipient countries.
- G7 members: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, the USA and the EU.
Honours & Awards
3. Vijay Amritraj honoured with 2021 Golden Achievement Award
- India’s Vijay Amritraj has been awarded the 2021 Golden Achievement Award by the International Tennis Hall of Fame and International Tennis Federation.
- This award is conferred to a person who has made important contributions internationally to tennis in the fields of administration, promotion, or education and has devoted long and outstanding service to the sport.
- The award was presented at a special celebration hosted in London.
Science & Technology
4. Iran launches a solid-fueled rocket, Zuljanah into space
- Iran has launched a solid-fueled rocket, a 25.5 meter-long rocket into space.
- Rocket name: Zuljanah
- This rocket is capable of carrying a satellite of 220 kilograms.
- It will gather data in low-earth orbit and promote Iran’s space industry.
- This launch just comes after the European Union’s foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, traveled to Tehran in a push to resuscitate negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program that have stalemated for months.
5. World MSME Day 2022: 27 June
- The World Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) day is observed annually on June 27 to recognise the contribution of these industries in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Theme 2022: Resilience and Rebuilding: MSMEs for Sustainable Development.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has marked first World MSME Day by 74th Plenary on April 6, 2017.
- MSME minister: Narayan Rane
6. A noted lyricist, Chowalloor Krishnankutty passed away
- A noted lyricist, author and journalist, Chowalloor Krishnankutty has passed away at the age of 86.
- Krishnankutty has penned over 3000 devotional songs and authored more than 200 books.
- He was retired from the Malayala Manorama daily as an Assistant Editor.
- Awards: Kerala Sahithya Academy Award for satire, Poonthanam Jnanapana and Revathy Pattathanam Awards among others.
- He was also worked as the Vice-Chairman of the Kerala Kalamandalam.
National & International Appointments
7. IRS officer, Nitin Gupta appointed as new chairman of CBDT
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Nitin Gupta has been appointed as the new chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Gupta, will replace Sangeeta Singh who had been given an addition charge after the retirement of JB Mohapatra on April 30.
- The CBDT is headed by a Chairman and may consist of six members in the rank of Special Secretary.
- It is the administrative body for the Income Tax Department.
National & International Appointments
8. Anil Khanna appointed as the acting President of IOA
- The Delhi High Court has passed an order, that Narinder Dhruv Batra cannot continue as the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) in a contempt proceeding.
- While hearing a contempt proceeding filed on behalf of former Olympian Aslam Sher Khan against Batra, IOA secretary general Rajeev Mehta and Sports Secretary.
- The court has also appointed Anil Khanna as acting president.
- Batra was become an IOC member in 2019.
9. IAF participates in Tactical Leadership Program of Egyptian Air Force
- Indian Air Force has participated in Tactical Leadership Programme at Egyptian Air Force Weapon School in Cairo west Airbase.
- Indian Air Force: Three Su-30MKI aircraft, two C-17 aircraft and 57 IAF personnel including C-17 contingent.
- A month long event, is a unique exercise with Air assets in a Large Force Engagement environment, simulating various conflict scenarios.
- Aim: Enhancing defence cooperation between the two countries and exchange of best practices.
10. Cyclist, Ronaldo becomes first Indian to win silver at Asian Championship
- India’s Ronaldo Singh has scripted history by winning Silver in the sprint event at the Asian Cycling Championships 2022.
- He also became the first Indian cyclist to win a silver medal (including the Elite category) at the Asian Track Championship.
- Ronaldo Singh Laitonjam hails from Manipur, and started cycling at the age of 14.
- He had created a national record in the quarter-final with a 9.946s sprint (first Indian to breach 10 sec mark).