National & International Organizations
1. India ranks 40th on International Intellectual Property Index 2021
- India has been ranked 40th in International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021 among 53 global economies
- IP Index 2021 was released by US Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC)
- US bags top spot in the index, followed by UK and Germany
- It is based on 50 intellectual property-related indicators, grouped in 9 categories.
- Categories include: Patent, Copyrights, Trademarks, Design Rights, Trade Secrets and Market Access, Enforcement, etc.
2. Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates Kurnool Airport in Andhra Pradesh
- Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Hardeep Singh Puri has virtually inaugurated Kurnool Airport in Andhra Pradesh
- Flight operations at Kurnool will begin from 28 March 2021
- It has been developed under Regional Connectivity Scheme, Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN)
- It will bring the region closer to major hubs in South India by providing direct flight operations to Bangalore, Vishakhapatnam and Chennai.
- Kurnool is the 6th airport in AP to become functional.
Banking & Finance
3. Indian Overseas Bank launches ‘IOB Trendy’ Savings Account for Millennials
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has launched Savings Bank account targeted at Millennials titled as ‘IOB Trendy’.
- IOB Trendy savings account will be customized for the growing millennial population by keeping their banking preferences in mind.
- Eligible Customers age group: 21 years to 38 years
- IOB Trendy customers need to maintain a daily minimum balance of ₹10,000 or a daily minimum balance of ₹5,000 and a digital of minimum of ₹20,000 per month.
Books & Authors
4. Actor Samir Soni authors book ‘My Experiments With Silence’
- Actor Samir Soni will come out with his debut book titled as ‘My Experiments With Silence’.
- The book is about anxiety and self-discovery and has been published by Om Books International.
- The book is to be released in 2021 end.
- The book will present personal account of the author’s dialogues with himself during his growing-up years in Delhi, his stint at Wall Street and his time in Bollywood.
- The book will be documented in prose and poetry form
5. Finance Minister launches Central Scrutiny Centre and IEPFA mobile App
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman has virtually inaugurated Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) and Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority’s (IEPFA) Mobile App
- They have been launched by Ministry of Corporate Affairs to leverage digital solutions to achieve Prime Minister’s vision of Digitally empowered India
- IEPFA App will focus on financial literacy by spreading investors’ awareness, education, and protection
- CSC will scrutinize certain Straight Through Process (STP) Forms
6. AYUSH Ministry sets up team to explore Yoga as productivity enhancing tool
- Ministry of AYUSH has set up high level interdisciplinary committee to explore various aspects of the Productivity dimension of Yoga
- Committee will be chaired by H. R Nagendra (Chancellor of Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana)
- Aim: To find answer of deploying yoga as a productivity boosting tool at the workplace and its positive implications
- Other members: Representatives from AIIMS Delhi, IIM Bangalore, IIT Bombay, Yoga institutions, AYUSH Ministry, etc
7. India finish 3rd in 2021 Para Shooting World Cup with 7 Medals
- India bagged 3rd position at the end of 2021 World Shooting Para Sport competitions with seven medals, held at Al Ain in UAE from 15 to 25 March 2021.
- India won two gold medals, one silver and four bronze medals at the event
- Ukraine topped the medal tally with 11 medals (five gold, five silver and one bronze) followed by host nation UAE which won five medals (three gold and two silver).
- Manish Narwal and Singhraj were the gold medal winners for India.
National & International Appointments
8. CJI Bobde recommends name of Justice NV Ramana as his successor
- Chief Justice of India S A Bobde has recommended Union Government to appoint senior most Supreme Court Judge N V Ramanna as the next Chief Justice of India
- CJI S A Bobde is set to retire on 23rd April.
- He was sworn in as the 47th Chief Justice of India in November 2019.
- Traditionally, sitting Chief Justice of India writes a recommendation for his successor to law minister.
- Law Minister puts it before Prime Minister who advises President in the matter of appointment.
9. Education Minister launches more than one hundred comic books
- Union Minister of Education has launched 100+ comic books created by teachers and students of CBSE schools and curated by NCERT
- It is framed by Depart of School Education and Literacy under New Education Policy 2020 and is aligned to chapters of NCERT textbooks across grades 3-12.
- This will help in increasing the cultural and social sensitivity in our children while imparting knowledge.
- These comics can be accessed online on DIKSHA web portal (diksha.gov.in).
10. Govt to roll out GPS based toll collection system
- Govt is all set to roll out a GPS based toll collection system and introducing E-Highway from Delhi to Mumbai
- Toll collection through fast tag has reached to 93% across the country which has resulted in 10 thousand crore more toll collection in comparison to previous year.
- Introduction of GPS based toll collection system will facilitate smooth movement of traffic, bring transparency, remove the old mechanism of toll collection system and provide jobs.
11. NHAI to develop world class ‘Wayside Amenities’ at more than 600 locations
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will develop world class ‘Wayside Amenities’ at more than 600 locations across 22 states in 5 years
- Out of these, 130 are targeted for development in 2021-22
- Wayside amenities will be developed every 30 to 50 km along current and upcoming Highways and Expressways
- It will include numerous facilities for passengers such as Fuel Station, Electric Charging Facilities, Food Court, Retail Shops, ATM, Toilets with shower facility etc