1. Tan Kim Her appointed as India's Badminton Doubles Coach
- Malaysian Tan Kim Her (50-year)has been appointed as India's doubles coach in badminton till the Asian Games in 2026
- He has been credited with shaping the careers of doubles specialists Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy
- In his first stint (2015-2019) as doubles coach in India
- Among other things, he will identify Indian coaches with potential and assist in their skill development by holding four workshops each year.
- Minister of Youth Affairs Sports:Anurag Thakur
National & International Appointments
2. Dish TV ropes in Rishabh Pant as brand ambassador
- Dish TV India Limited’s DTH brand D2H, has brought Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant on board as its new brand ambassador.
- Pant will feature in 360-degree brand communication for D2H for the next two years.
- Dish TV India Limited is a direct-to-home (DTH) company with brands such as Dish TV, Zing and D2H under its ownership.
Banking & Finance
3. Union Bank launches MSME RuPay Credit Card
- Union Bank of India (UBI), in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), launched ‘Union MSME RuPay Credit Card’ for meeting business-related operational expenses of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSMEs)
- This Card comes with interest-free credit for up to 50 days
- The dedicated card for MSMEs is available to eligible borrowers of the Union Bank of India
- The Card also offers EMI facility to the customers on their business-related purchases
Banking & Finance
4. DBS Bank India migrates to new IFSC and MICR codes
- The IFSC and MICR codes of all branches of erstwhile Lakshmi Vilas Bank have changed after the amalgamation with DBS Bank India
- The older IFSC codes will remain valid until 28 Feb 2022, for customers’ convenience and ease of transition.
- Customers will be required to use the new DBS IFSC code from March 1, 2022 onwards to receive funds through NEFT, RTGS and IMPS
- All existing cheques issued to the third party will have to be replaced with new cheques before 28 Feb 2022
5. India, Oman hold five-day air exercise 'Eastern Bridge-VI' in Jodhpur
- The Indo-Oman exercise "Eastern Bridge-VI (2022)" was successfully conducted at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 21 to 25 February 2022.
- Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) participated with Indian Air Force in the exercise which was aimed at providing operational exposure and undertaking mutual exchange of best practices, towards enhancing operational capabilities of both the Air Forces.
- It also provided avenues of cultural exchanges between the personnel of both countries.
6. Odisha’s first tribal CM Hemananda Biswal passes away
- Former Odisha Chief Minister and prominent tribal Congress leader Hemananda Biswal (82 years) at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.
- He was the first tribal chief minister of Odisha.
- Mr. Biswal was elected chief minister for the first time for the period December 7, 1989, to March 5, 1990, and again from December 6, 1999, to March 5, 2000.
7. President kick starts 400th birth anniversary celebrations of Lachit Borphu
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched the 400th birth anniversary celebrations of Ahom general Lachit Borphukan.
- He laid the foundations for a war memorial and a 150-foot bronze statue of the legendary commander.
- Lachit Borphukan was a legendary army commander of the Ahom kingdom.
- He is known for his leadership in the 1671 ‘Battle of Saraighat’ on the Brahmaputra that thwarted a drawn-out attempt by the mighty Mughal forces, led by Raja Ramsingh-I, to take back Assam.
8. Manipur star Mirabai Chanu wins gold in Singapore
- Star Indian Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu (27-years) qualified for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in the 55 kg weight category by clinching the gold in the Singapore Weightlifting International.
- She lifted a total 91 kg (86kg+105kg) to stand on top of the podium.
- Mirabai Chanu has also qualified for the CWG in the 49kg weight category on the basis of her Commonwealth rankings.
9. Bangladesh-India Cultural meet kicks off in Rajshahi
- The fifth Bangladesh - India Cultural meet kicked off with a colourful civic reception being given to the visiting guests from India and dignitaries in Rajshahi.
- The function was presided over by the Mayor of Rajshahi city AHM Khairuzzaman Liton.
- Friends of Bangladesh and Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) are jointly hosting the four-day event between Feb 25-28 to celebrate the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
10. IPL 2022 to kick start on March 26
- The Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council announced that the league stage games will be played across four venues in Mumbai and Pune for the 15th edition of the tournament.
- IPL 2022 will kick start on the 26th of March and the final will be played on 29th May.
- A total of 70 league matches will be played across four international standard venues in Mumbai and Pune
- Group A: MI, DC, KKR, RR, Lucknow Super Giants(LSG)
- Group B: CSK, SH, RCB, PK, Gujarat Titan(GT)