1. India signs Rs. 20,000 cr deal with Tata consortium for 56 aircraft
- The Defence Ministry signed a deal worth over Rs 20,000 crore with Airbus Defence and Space of Spain for 56 “C-295” medium transport aircraft.
- They will replace the ageing Avro-748 planes of the Indian Air Force inducted into service in the 1960s.
- The C-295 is a multi-role aircraft with several configurations to meet mission requirements. It envisages the total manufacturing of aircraft in India.
- Airbus Def. and Space Headquarters: Taufkirchen, Germany.
2. PM Modi to address UN General Assembly in New York today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the 76th session of the UN General Assembly in New York later this evening.
- This will be his 7th address to the General Assembly in person.
- Last year it was a virtual address in the wake of the COVID19 pandemic.
- The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations
- President: Abdulla Shahid
- Headquarters: New York, United States.
3. World’s Highest EV Charging Station Inaugurated At Kaza in Himachal Pradesh
- The world’s highest electric vehicle charging station (500 ft) has been inaugurated in Kaza village of Lahaul and Spiti district in Himachal Pradesh.
- The electric vehicle charging station is set up at a height of 500 ft.
- The objective of this initiative is to check vehicular pollution and promote electric vehicles for a clean and green environment in the region.
4. Antyodaya divas being Observed across India on 25th September
- Antyodaya Diwas is celebrated every year on 25th September to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- This year, the Antyodaya Diwas marks the 105th birth anniversary of Upadhyaya.
- He was the co-founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS) and a Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) thinker.
- He was born (1916) in Chandrabhan village (now called Deendayal Dham) in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura district.
Books & Authors
5. Amitav Ghosh’s ‘Jungle Nama’ released as audiobook
- Amitav Ghosh’s 'Jungle Nama' has now been released as an audiobook with music and voice of US-based Ali Sethi.
- This is an exclusive collaboration among three of the most influential figures from the world of arts
- It is the story of the avaricious rich merchant. Dhona, the poor lad Dukhey, and his mother
- “Jungle Nama” is a free adaptation of the legend, told entirely in a poyar-like meter of 24 syllable couplets that replicate the cadence of the original.
6. World Pharmacist Day: 25th September
- The World Pharmacist Day is observed on 25th September every year to encourage activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in every corner of the world.
- 2021 theme: “Pharmacy: Always trusted for your health“.
- The day was designated in 2009 by the FIP Council (International Pharmaceutical Federation or Federation Internationale Pharmaceutique) at the World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Istanbul.
7. Bangabandhu-Bapu digital exhibition opens in Dhaka
- The Bangabandhu-Bapu digital exhibition was opened for public viewing at the Shilpkala Academy in Dhaka.
- The exhibition showcases in a thematic manner the lives of the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Mahatma Gandhi.
- The exhibition has been specially curated by the two governments to commemorate the Mujib Boarsho, the birth centenary of Sheikh Mujib and 150 years of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi as well as the golden jubilee of India-Bangladesh bilateral relations
8. Indian Army to organise “Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav” at Kolkata
- Indian Army will organise “Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav” from 26th to 29th September 2021 in Kolkata.
- It will mark 50 years of the liberation of Bangladesh and India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1971 Indo-Pak War.
- Lt Gen Manoj Pande, Army Commander, Eastern Command, will inaugurate the event in the presence of war veterans and other eminent personalities.
9. Centre notifies scheme for promotion of 'Medical Device Parks'
- The centre has taken a key initiative to support the medical devices industry to reach its potential in the coming years under the "Promotion of Medical Device Parks" scheme.
- The ministry said that the Government of Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh have been given "in-principle" approval under the scheme."
- The total financial outlay of the scheme is Rs 400 crore and the tenure of the scheme is from FY 2020-2021 to FY 2024-2025.
National & International Appointments
10. Debabrata Mukherjee elected chief of Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Debabrata Mukherjee has been elected as the chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2021-2022
- Currently, He is serving as Chief Marketing Officer at the United Breweries Group.
- Mr Mukherjee is responsible for managing local and global brands like Kingfisher, Ultra, Heineken and Amstel
- He has a wide range of professional experience in general management, marketing, sales operations, business strategy and innovation
- Founded: 1948
- Headquarters: Mumbai