1. Formula One champion, Max Verstappen wins F1 Abu Dhabi GP 2022
- Red Bull's driver, Max Verstappen has clinched title of F1 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, held at Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- He has also set new records for the most race wins (15) and most points in a single season (454) in 2022.
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) placed second in the race, followed by Sergio Pérez (Red Bull).
- Previous F1 GP winners:
- Brazilian GP: George Russell (Mercedes)
- Mexican; US; Japanese: Max Verstappen
- Singapore GP: Sergio Pérez
Honours & Awards
2. Kathak veteran, Uma Sharma receives Sumitra Charat Ram Award
- Kathak exponent, Uma Sharma has received the prestigious ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award’ on 17th November, 2022, organised at Kamani Auditorium by Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra (SBKK).
- Reason: For her contribution in the field of Indian classical music and dance.
- The award was presented by former governor of J&K, Karan Singh and Sarod player, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan.
- She was also honoured with the Padma Shri (1973) and Padma Bhushan (2001).
- This award was instituted in 2010.
3. Haryana launches awards to promote good governance
- The Haryana govt has introduced an award scheme to promote good governance and reward innovative human resources.
- Those officials who have done innovative work in economic, infrastructure and social sector or state flagship programmes can apply for awards under the Haryana Good Governance Award Scheme, 2022 (Haryana Sushasan Puraskaar Yojana, 2022).
- Winning Prize:
- State level: ₹ 51,000, ₹ 31,000 (2nd) and ₹ 21,000 (3rd).
- District level: ₹ 31,000, ₹ 21,000, ₹ 11,000
Honours & Awards
4. NTPC team wins GOLD award in 47th ICQCC-2022
- NTPC’s QC Team from Unchahar ABHYUDAYA has won the “GOLD” award in the 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022).
- The convention was held from 15th-18th November in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- The theme for ICQCC-2022 was “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”.
- NTPC QC Team presented on “Frequent Choking of Collecting tanks of AHP-IV”.
- Founded: 7 November 1975
- HQ: New Delhi
- Chairman: Gurdeep Singh
Banking & Finance
5. Govt. increased maximum tenure of PSU banks' CEO to 10 years
- The Government of India has raised the maximum tenure of CEO and MD of public sector banks from 5 years to 10 years.
- Aim: This move will help the government to retain the best talent in the banking sector.
- This is also applicable for whole-time directors of all Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
- The amendment would be called Nationalised Banks (Management and Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Scheme, 2022.
Summits & Conferences
6. CEC Rajiv Kumar invited as International Observer for forthcoming Elections
- CEC India, Rajiv Kumar has been invited by Election Commission of Nepal as International Observer for the forthcoming elections to House of Representatives and Provincial Assembly of Nepal.
- Elections is scheduled in Nepal on 20th November, 2022.
- It was held for the Federal and Provincial elections to elect 275 members of the Federal Parliament and 550 seats of the seven Provincial Assemblies.
- He will be leading a delegation of ECI officials as State guest in Nepal.
Honours & Awards
7. India wins 2022 Excellence in Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards
- India was conferred the Excellence in Leadership in Family Planning (EXCELL) Awards-2022 at the International Conference on Family Planning held in Pattaya, Thailand
- Reason: For ensuring access to quality family planning choices based on right information & reliable services
- Key Points:
- As per the NFHS-5 data, the overall Contraceptive Prevalence Rate has increased substantially from 54% to 67%
- Mission Parivar Vikas: To reduce the unmet needs in family planning
8. National Museum signs MoU with Kolding Museum
- Museum Kolding (Denmark) has signed an MoU with the National Museum (India) in New Delhi, with an aim to open the joint exhibition “Silver treasures from Denmark and India” at the beginning of March 2023.
- The exhibition will showcase the finest of the silver collection from the Museum Kolding and the National Museum in New Delhi in March 2023.
- The collaboration is under the agreed cultural exchange program between both countries for the years 2022 to 2026.
9. World Toilet Day 2022: 19th November
- The United Nations has observed World Toilet Day on November 19 annually with an aim to raise public awareness of broader sanitation systems such as wastewater treatment, and hand washing.
- World Toilet Day 2022 Theme: Making the Invisible Visible
- This day was established in 2001 by Singaporean philanthropist Jack Sim (Founder of the World Toilet Organization).
- The UN officially recognized the right to water and sanitation as a human right in 2010.
10. World Children's Day 2022: 20th November
- World Children’s Day is celebrated on November 20 annually to promote international togetherness and awareness among children as well as to improve their welfare.
- This day marks the anniversary of the UN General Assembly adopted a Declaration and Convention on children's rights.
- Theme 2022: Inclusion, For Every Child
- This day was first celebrated as Universal Children’s Day, in 1954.
- UNICEF HQ: New York, US; Founded: 11 December 1946