1. Indian Army’s Sudarshan Chakra Corps conducts 'EX Sudarshan Prahar'
- Sudarshan Chakra Corps of Indian Army has conducted Exercise Sudarshan Prahar in the deserts of Rajasthan on 30th November 2022.
- Focus: On the synergised application of combat power through the integration of force multipliers & practising new battle techniques
- The exercise was attended by Lt Gen AK Singh, Goc-in-C, Southern Command.
- About India Army:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Motto: Service Before Self
- Chief: General, Manoj Pande
2. Nagaland celebrates 60th statehood day
- Nagaland has observed its 60th Statehood day on 1st Dec 2022.
- It became the 16th State of the Union of India on 1st December 1963.
- On the occasion, the Chief Minister, Neiphiu Rio has launched 'SAHYOG project' of Nagaland Police and also flagged off Nagaland Police Special Operation Group Vehicles.
- Nagaland has also hosted the 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 at Naga Heritage Village Kisama from 1st-10th December 2022.
- Chief guest of this festival(2022): VP Jagdeep Dhankhar
3. World AIDS Day 2022: 1st December 2022
- World AIDS Day is observed annually on December 1 to raise awareness and encourages progress in HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment and care.
- Theme 2022: 'Equalize'
- Focus of theme: To highlight the particular inequalities faced by HIV patients and to press for the actions needed to address them.
- WHO has founded this day on December 1 in 1988.
- In August 1988, James W. Bunn and Thomas Netter have conveyed the idea of AIDS day to the Director of AIDS Global Program.
Honours & Awards
4. Manthan Platform wins the Best Tech Initiative Award
- The Manthan platform won NSEIT the Best Tech Initiative of the Year at the Dun & Bradstreet Business Excellence Awards 2022.
- Reason: For building the technology infrastructure to support Manthan
- Manthan is a platform that promotes collaboration at scale between industry and the scientific research and development ecosystem.
- The development of the platform was conceptualized and implemented by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA), GoI.
5. Former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin passes away
- Former leader of China, Jiang Zemin, who came to power after the Tiananmen Square protests, has been passed away at 96 due to leukaemia and multiple organ failure.
- He was the Communist Party general secretary for 13 years.
- As the general secretary, he has guided China's rise to global economic power as he welcomed capitalists into the Communist Party.
- He had also helped pulling in foreign investment after China joined the WTO.
6. Haryana govt has launched Nirogi Haryana project
- Haryana government has Nirogi Haryana project across the state.
- Initial phase: The project has begun in the District Hospital, Sector 6, Panchkula.
- The project was inaugurated by Gian Chand Gupta (Haryana Speaker) and Kulbhushan Goyal (Panchkula Mayor).
- Under this project, the urban enlisted Antyodaya population would be covered under this scheme.
- The enlisted beneficiaries will receive ‘amantran patra’ to visit their health facilities on the date as informed.
7. Uttarakhand named Prasoon Joshi as state's brand ambassador
- The Uttarakhand government has named Prasoon Joshi (CEO and CCO of McCann Worldgroup India) as the state’s brand ambassador.
- He is a native of Uttarakhand.
- He is a prominent and highly awarded member of the Indian advertising and media fraternity.
- He was appointed as the Chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBIC) on 11 August 2017.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2015, for his contributions towards the field of Arts, Literature and Advertising.
8. India' MMR declines to 97 per lakh live births in 2018-20
- According to the Special Bulletin released by the Registrar General of India, Maternal Mortality Ratio(MMR) of India has been declined from 130 in 2014-16 to 97 per lakh live births in 2018-20.
- MMR: The number of maternal deaths during a given time period per one lakh live births.
- With this, the country has accomplished the National Health Policy target for MMR of less than 100 per lakh live births.
- Target: SDG target of MMR of less than 70 per lakh live births by 2030
9. India extends financial assistance of 100 million US dollars to Maldives
- India has provided financial assistance of 100 million US dollars to the Maldives.
- The assistance is in the form of budgetary support to tide over the difficult economic situation in the archipelago nation.
- The assistance is being extended without any conditions and Maldives is free to use it in its economic recovery as it deems fit.
- The financial assistance has extended by India to showcase the resilience and reliability of the India-Maldives relationship.
Banking & Finance
10. YES BANK partners Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
- TurtleFin (India's insurtech platform) has collaborated with YES BANK to develop 'EasyNsure', a complete technological platform.
- Turtlefin’s innovative API will enable the platform to provide a slew of holistic insurance solutions at the push of a button.
- EasyNsure: It is a first-of-its-kind proposition for YES BANK, that will bring multiple insurance partners onto a single platform.
- Yes Bank:
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
National & International Organizations
11. Three Indian-origin women scientists among Australia's "Superstars Of STEM"
- Three Indian-origin women, Neelima Kadiyala, Dr Ana Baburamani, and Dr Indrani Mukherjee, have been selected as Australia's Superstars of STEM 2022.
- Kadiyala: She is an IT Program Manager at Challenger Limited and has over 15 years of experience delivering extensive transformation programmes.
- Baburamani: She is a scientific advisor in the Department of Defence - Science and Technology Group.
- Mukherjee: She is a deep-time geologist at the University of Tasmania.
National & International Organizations
12. Gautam Adani tops Forbes India rich list 2022
- As per the Forbes India Rich List 2022, the combined wealth of India’s 100 richest has been increased by $25 billion to $800 billion.
- The top 10 richest Indians are worth a cumulative $385 billion.
- Adani Group chairman, Gautam Adani has bagged the top spot on the list with a net worth of $150 billion.
- He is also the third richest billionaire globally.
- After Adani, Mukesh Ambani ($88 billion) placed second, followed by Radhakishan Damani, Cyrus Poonawalla, and Shiv Nadar
Banking & Finance
13. India to receive over record $100 billion in remittances in 2022
- According to the World Bank's Migration and Development brief, remittance flows to India are predicted to increase by 12% to $100 billion in 2022.
- While the Mexico is placed second, followed by China, and the Philippines.
- Remittances to India were enhanced by wage hikes and a strong labor market in the United States and other OECD countries.
- Remittances to low and middle-income countries increased by about 5 percent to over $626 billion in 2022.