1. PM Modi inaugurates Bundelkhand Expressway
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village in Orai tehsil of Jalaun district in UP.
- Bundelkhand Expressway will benefit the industrial growth of the region
- Agriculture-based industries will flourish and it will help the defence corridor resulting the overall development of the region.
- The 296-kilometre long, four-lane Bundelkhand Expressway passes through seven districts, Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya and Etawah.
2. IIT Madras Tops in National Institutional Ranking Framework
- According to the Ministry of Education's National Institutional Ranking Framework, IIT Madras bagged the top spot among educational institutions in the country for the 4th consecutive year.
- Indian Indian Institute of Science is the best university in India Rankings-2022
- IIM, Ahmedabad is the best management institute in the country.
- AIIMS, New Delhi is the best medical college.
- Savitha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences in Chennai is the best dental college
3. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme to be extended to all district
- Women and Child Development (WCD) Ministry issued a guideline according to which Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will now be extended across the country.
- BBBP is the Centre’s flagship scheme for women’s empowerment
- It focuses on the education of girls child and improving the sex ratio.
- It was launched in January 2015 to address sex-selective abortion.
- It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Education
Banking & Finance
4. RBI and Bank Indonesia sign MoU to improve mutual cooperation
- The RBI and the Bank Indonesia signed an MoU in Bali, Indonesia, to improve mutual cooperation between them.
- With this MoU, RBI and BI committed to deepening relations between the two central banks and strengthening the exchange of information and cooperation in the area of central banking.
- It includes payment systems, digital innovation in payments services, and a regulatory and supervisory framework.
5. IOA announces 322-strong Indian contingent for Commonwealth Games
- The Indian Olympic Association announced a 322-strong contingent including 215 athletes and 107 officials and support staff for the upcoming Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
- The Games are scheduled to be held in British city from July 28 to August 8.
- Rajesh Bhandari, vice president of Boxing Federation of India (BFI), is the Chef de Mission of the squad.
- Team India will compete in 15 sporting disciplines as well as four disciplines in the para sports category.
Banking & Finance
6. Kotak Mahindra Bank becomes first to integrate with new Income Tax portal
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has completed technical integration with the new e-filing portal of the IT department and has become the 1st private bank to fully integrate with the portal.
- Its customers can now pay their direct taxes through the e-pay tax tab on the portal.
- This will make the tax payment process simple, instant, and convenient for customers.
- Last October, KMB became the 1st scheduled private sector bank to receive approval as a collections partner for taxes
Banking & Finance
7. IAMAI to shut down Blockchain and Crypto Assets Council over regulatory con
- The Internet and Mobile Association of India has decided to shut down the Blockchain and Crypto Assets Council.
- With this, IAMAI will cease to represent crypto-exchanges operating in India.
- IAMAI had created and nurtured BACC for four years.
- BACC is an industry association, which was under the aegis of the IAMAI.
- It represents the interests of the crypto ecosystem in India.
- It serves as an umbrella organisation for various blockchain firms to engage with the govt.
8. Varanasi to be 1st cultural and tourism capital of SCO
- Varanasi will be declared the first Cultural and Tourism Capital of the SCO for 2022-23.
- It was announced by Secretary General of the bloc Zhang Ming.
- It is a new rotating initiative by the eight-member organisation to promote people-to-people contacts and tourism among the member states.
- The holy city of Varanasi is showcasing India's culture and traditions over the ages.
- Members: China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India and Pakistan.
9. NSO Survey on proportion of unmarried persons
- According to the National Statistical Office, more Indians prefer to stay unmarried.
- In about 8 years from 2011-2019, the proportion of unmarried persons within the age bracket of 15-29 years has increased from 17.2% to 23%.
- The report said that the most number of unmarried youth was observed in 2019 in Jammu & Kashmir.
- J&K was followed by Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Punjab.
- In the National Youth Policy 2014, those aged 15 to 29 years are classified as youth.
Science & Technology
10. Syngenta India launches Biodiversity Sensor Project with IIT Ropar
- Syngenta India announced a launch of Biodiversity Sensor Project, a biodiversity monitoring technology in association with IIT Ropar.
- Syngenta also flagged off India’s first Drone Yatra, that will travel 10,000 kms to create awareness on drone spraying among 10,000 farmers.
- The Yatra will travel to 13 states to demonstrate and educate farmers on use of drones.
- For the Biodiversity Sensor Project, Syngenta India is working with IIT Ropar & Fraunhofer Institute.