1. Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launches SVANidhi Mahotsav
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister, Hardeep Singh Puri has launched ‘SVANidhi' Mahotsav to celebrate the success of PM SVANidhi Scheme.
- This festival is organised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs from 9th -31st of July 2022.
- PM SVANidhi (Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi) scheme was launched on June 1, 2020 to provide the working capital loans to street vendors.
- So, they can restart their businesses which were impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
2. INS Vikrant successfully completes fourth phase of sea trial
- The Vikrant, Indigenous Aircraft Carrier has been successfully completed its fourth phase of Sea Trials.
- The ship’s delivery is being targeted by the end of July 2022, followed by commissioning of the ship in August to commemorate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Vikrant has an indigenous content of 76%.
- The construction of the aircraft carrier began in 2009.
- The indigenous design and construction of Aircraft Carrier by Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard Limited.
Books & Authors
3. 'Ikigai' author Garcia and Miralles released book on forest bathing
- The authors Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles has released another self-help book, titled “Shinrin Yoku: The Rejuvenating Practice of Forest Bathing”.
- ‘Shinrin Yoku’, which translates as ‘forest bathing’, refers to taking mindful walks amidst nature to relieve stress and realign our energies.
- The term was coined by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in 1982.
- The book was published by Tuttle Publishing.
4. China and Pakistan on kicked off ‘Sea Guardians-2’ drills at Shanghai coast
- China and Pakistan has began four-day naval exercises 'Sea Guardians-2' from the coast of Shanghai.
- This drill exercise involves Pakistan’s most advanced China-built frigate.
- Taimur is the second of four powerful Type 054A/P frigates built by China, was delivered to the Pakistan Navy.
- Theme: jointly dealing with maritime security threats.
- Aim: To enhance defence cooperation, conduct professional and technical exchanges between the two countries.
5. West Bengal gets Internet Exchange Points at Durgapur and Bardhaman
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology has inaugurated two new Internet Exchange Points (IXP) of NIXI at Durgapur and Vardhman to improve internet connectivity in West Bengal.
- It is under the 1000-day plan of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The first Internet Exchange at Kolkata is also run by NIXI.
- The internet service providers can connect at these points, and provide benefit to their end-users.
6. Jharkhand secures 1st rank in Delta Ranking for RURBAN Mission
- Jharkhand has been ranked first in the Delta Ranking for the month of June under the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission.
- The report was released by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
- The State Government led by CM Hemant Soren is moving forward with the mantra of “Jeevika Bhi, Jeevan Bhi”.
- Aim: To strengthen the rural economy and provide employment to the villagers.
- The state has earned 8th place in the country.
Banking & Finance
7. RBI clears payment aggregator licence for Razorpay, PineLabs & Stripe
- Razorpay, Pine Labs, Stripe, and 1Pay have received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for payment aggregator licences.
- Payment aggregators: Entities that enable e-commerce sites and merchants to accept various payment instruments from customers.
- They allow merchants to connect with acquirers.
- In the process, they receive payments from customers, pool and transfer them to the merchants after a time period.
Banking & Finance
8. AIIB to establish an Interim Operational Hub in Abu Dhabi
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved the establishment of an Interim Operational Hub (its first overseas office in Abu Dhabi).
- The hub will provide AIIB with a strong platform to enable effective supervision of its growing investment portfolio.
- India is the second-largest shareholder in AIIB after China.
- Reason:UAE was chosen as the location keeping in mind its connectivity with many of the 105 members of the bank.
Banking & Finance
9. SBI offer collateral free loans to start-ups in Karnataka
- The SBI has partnered with the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) to support the state's budding startups with collateral-free loans.
- Aim: To leverage the existing Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE), set up by the Centre to improve the credit flow to the MSE sector.
- The CGTMSE will be utilised by the SBI to provide collateral-free loans of up to Rs 2 crore to startups recognised under KDEM's Elevate programme.
Banking & Finance
10. BoB partners with WWB to rollout ‘Baroda Jan Dhan Plus’ in UP, Uttarakhand
- Bank of Baroda has partnered with Women’s World Banking to roll out the third phase of the ‘Baroda Jan Dhan Plus’ programme across Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- In this phase, the programme will reach out to existing Jan Dhan customers of BoB through financial literacy camps.
- Baroda Jan Dhan Plus’ encourage women account holders to save money by depositing Rs. 500 monthly for five months and can get a PMJDY overdraft loan facility of up to Rs 10,000.