Daily Current Affairs 04 July 2022
Important News: National
Digital India Week-2022 is inaugurated at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
Why in News:
- Digital India week 2022 was inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The objective of Digital India Week-2022 is to increase access to technology, streamline the service delivery system for ease of living and promote startups.
- The theme of Digital India Week-2022 is "New India Technology Inspiration".
- Launch of 'Indiastack.global' for major projects like Aadhaar, UPI, DigiLocker, Covin Vaccination Platform, Government E-Market Place, Diksha Platform, and Ayushman Bharat, Digital Health Mission being implemented under IndiaStack during the event by Prime Minister is also done.
- Digital India Genesis, a national deep technology startup platform to discover, support, nurture, and succeed startups in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities of the country, is also launched during the event.
Source: News on Air
Drass Cycle Campaign
Why in News:
- The historic cycling campaign from Delhi to Dras was started by the Indian Army and Air Force simultaneously on the occasion of 75 years of independence of the country.
- The Drass Cycle Expedition team will consist of twenty soldiers and airmen, which will be led by two talented women officers from the Armed Forces and the Air Force.
- The campaign was flagged off from the National War Memorial in New Delhi and this team will cover a distance of one thousand six hundred kilometers by cycle in 24 days.
- The campaign will be held on the 26th of this month at the Kargil Summer Memorial in Dras to honor the brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the Kargil War.
- The main objective of Drass Cycle Abhiyan is to inculcate the feeling of nationalism among Indian youth. During the cyclist campaign, interactions will be held with school children at various places.
Important News: State
- The Kutchi community of Gujarat celebrates its new year on this day.
- Ashadhi Bij is celebrated on the second day of Shukla Paksha of Ashadha month of the Hindu calendar.
- The Ashadhi Bij festival, which marks the beginning of rains in the Kutch region of Gujarat, is a traditional festival and is celebrated at home.
- During the Ashadhi Bij festival, the humidity in the atmosphere is checked to predict which crop will do best in the coming monsoon.
- Lord Ganesha, Goddess Lakshmi, and other regional deities are worshiped on the occasion of the Ashadhi Bij festival.
Important News: Polity
Foreign Contribution Regulation Act
Why in News:
- The Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) has been amended by the Union Home Ministry to include provisions like allowing relatives to freely remit more money in India.
- As per the amended rule, now relatives have been allowed to send Rs 10 lakh without informing the government, if the amount exceeds, then individuals now have three months to inform the government 30 days in advance. Is.
- Under the amended rule, more time has been provided to organizations to inform the government about the opening of bank accounts for the utilization of funds received under the 'registration' or 'prior permission' category.
- The old provision where an organization/individual receiving foreign funds is required to declare such contribution every quarter on its official website has also been done away with in the new rule.
Source: Hindustan Times
Important News: Sports
- India's stand-in captain Jasprit Bumrah holds the world record for most runs in an over in Test cricket by scoring 29 runs in an over by England's Stuart Broad, breaking Brian Lara's record by one run.
- The world record was held by Lara for 18 years - in a Test match in 2003-04, he made 28 runs in an over-off South African left-arm spinner Robin Peterson, in which he hit four fours and two runs in 6 balls. Scored 28 runs with sixes.
- Former Australia player George Bailey also scored 28 runs in an over, but he was behind Lara in terms of boundary count.
Source: Times of India
New National Record in Los Angeles by Parul Choudhary
- Indian sprinter Parul Choudhary set a national record during the sound running meet in Los Angeles and became the first athlete in the country to take less than nine minutes in the women's 3000m event.
- The third place in the competition was secured by Parul with a timing of 8 minutes 57.19 seconds.
- Parul broke the new world record six years ago in New Delhi by breaking Surya Longanathan's record of 9 minutes and 4.5 seconds.
- Earlier, Parul Choudhary had won the women's 3000m steeplechase title at the National Championships in Chennai.
Source: News on Air
International cooperative day
Why in News:
- Marked by cooperatives around the world since 1923 and officially declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 1995 on the centenary of the ICA, International Day of Co-operatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July.
- This year, International Cooperative Day is celebrated on 2nd July with the aim of highlighting the contribution of the cooperative movement.
- The theme of this year's International Cooperative Day is 'Cooperatives Build a Better World'.
- The purpose of the International Day of Co-operatives is to raise awareness of cooperatives and to promote the movement's ideas of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace.
Source: The Hindu
World sports journalist day
- World Sports Journalists Day - also known as International Sports Journalists Day is observed on 2 July every year.
- World Sports Journalists Day was first celebrated in the year 1994 when the International Sports Press Association decided to celebrate it in honor of its 70th anniversary.
- World Sports Journalists Day is celebrated with the aim of honoring all the sports journalists of the world.
- Sports journalism began to develop during the 19th century, but it focused on elite sports.
- The 20th century saw a turning point in the popularity of sports journalism. In 1880, only 0.4 percent of newspaper space was devoted to sports, but by the 1920s this figure had risen to 20 percent, as newspapers exclusively covered sports.
Source: Navbharat Times
Most Important Study Notes
|Most Expected Current Affairs Questions for 67th BPSC/CDPO 🤩, Download PDF|
|Bihar State Budget 2021-22 Highlights: Check Important Points of Bihar Budget [Download PDF]|