2. NMCG approves Rs 660 crore water infra projects
- The 42nd Executive Committee under the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 11 water infrastructure projects worth around Rs 660 crore.
- The meeting was headed by G Asok Kumar (DG, NMCG).
- During the meeting, a project for sewerage management for cleaning of River Hindon in Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh) was also approved.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 577.23 crore that includes construction of 135 MLD STP, creation of interception etc.
3. ONGC becomes the first gas producer to trade on Indian Gas Exchange
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC) has become the first Exploration and Production (E&P) company in India to trade domestic gas on Indian Gas Exchange.
- The first online trade was made on 23 May 2022 by Anurag Sharma (ONGC Director (Onshore) In-charge Marketing) on India’s first automated national level Gas Exchange, IGX.
- The gas traded is from ONGC Krishna Godavari 98/2 block.
- ONGC Headquarters: New Delhi
- ONGC Chairman & Managing Director - Alka Mittal
4. WEF launches alliance to supercharge India's climate action
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced the Alliance of CEO Climate Action Leaders to supercharge India’s climate action and decarbonization efforts.
- The alliance will continue their efforts to achieve the India vision, ‘Mission 2070: A Green New Deal for a Net Zero India’, on India’s low-carbon transition by 2070.
- Aim: To bring together the government, businesses, and other key stakeholders to achieve PM Narendra Modi’s ambitious ‘Panchamrit’ pledge.
5. Maharashtra Govt signs MoUs worth Rs 30,000 cr with 23 companies at Davos
- The Maharashtra Government has signed MoUs worth 30,000 crore rupees with 23 companies from different parts of the world at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Subhash Desai (Maharashtra Industries Minister) and other ministers from Maharashtra Cabinet were in Davos to attract investment opportunities.
- Microsoft will set up its Data Centre in Pune with an investment of 3,200 crore rupees.
- More than 55% of investment would come from Singapore, Indonesia, USA, and Japan.
6. Punjab Kings, Shikhar Dhawan becomes first player to hit 700 fours in IPL
- Punjab Kings batsman, Shikhar Dhawan has become the first player to hit 700 fours in the history of the IPL.
- The batter has now a total of 701 IPL fours to his name, followed by David Warner (577) and Virat Kohli (576).
- He achieved this milestone during the match between PBKS and Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Wankhede.
- Dhawan also become the second player to score 6000 runs in IPL history after Virat Kohli.
- Dhawan was bought by PBKS for INR 8.25 crore at the auction.
7. Odisha win Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship 2022 title
- Hockey Association of Odisha became the champion of the 12th Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship 2022 after a victory over Hockey Karnataka in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Earlier, Jharkhand Hockey team has defeated Hockey Haryana by 3-2 in the third-fourth place match.
- Punam Barla (34′) has opened the scoring in the match in the third quarter as Odisha picked up the lead.
- Odisha hockey head coach: Edgar Joseph Mascarenhas
8. Veteran communist leader Sivaji Patnaik passes away
- Veteran CPI (M) leader and former parliamentarian Shivaji Patnaik passed away at 92.
- Patnaik had joined the undivided Community Party of India (CPI) in 1947 and was the architect of the formation of CPI(M) in Odisha in 1961.
- He was elected from the Lok Sabha seat (Bhubaneswar) thrice in 1977, 1989 and 1991.
- He was the CPM secretary of the State committee from 1972 to 1991 and also a member of the central committee of the CPM for a long period.
9. Dr Jitendra Singh launches ‘BioRRAP’ portal for Biotech Researchers
- Dr Jitendra Singh (Union Minister of State (IC) Ministry of Science and Technology) has launched Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-ups.
- The Biological Research Regulatory Approval Portal (BioRRAP) will cater to all those seeking regulatory approval for biological research & development activity in the country.
- India will figure among the top 5 countries of the world by 2025 in Global Bio-manufacturing Hub.
Honours & Awards
10. Music Academy announces Sangita Kalanidhi awards
- The Music Academy has announced the Sangita Kalanidhi and other awards for various artistes from the years 2020-22.
- The Sangita Kalanidhi award will be given to: Renowned vocalist Neyveli R Santanagopalan (2020), eminent mridangam artiste Tiruvarur Bhakthavathsalam (2021) and violin duo Lalgudi GJR Krishnan and Vijayalakshmi (2022).
- The Music academy also announced other awards including Nritya Kalanidhi for three recipients in the dance segment.
Banking & Finance
11. SBI introduces Xpress Credit on YONO
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced the launch of Real Time Xpress Credit on its Yono platform which allows eligible customers to get personal loans of up to ₹35 lakh.
- It is a flagship personal loan product for salaried customers (Xpress Credit), now has a digital avatar and customers can now avail of it through Yono.
- It would be a 100% paperless and digital experience and an end-to-end eight step journey.
- SBI Chairman: Dinesh Khara
Banking & Finance
12. Tata Capital launches digital loan against shares facility
- The Tata Capital Ltd has launched ‘Loan Against Shares’ an end-to-end integrated digital financial offering.
- Aims: To provide customers with an easy and seamless experience
- Through this facility the customers can avail loans up to ₹5 crores by simply pledging their dematerialised shares online, facilitated by NSDL.
- The loan amount can be customized based on the value of shares in the portfolio of the customer.
Banking & Finance
13. HDFC Bank joins Retailio to launch co-branded credit cards
- HDFC Bank has joined hands with Retailio to launch of a new range of co-branded credit cards primarily targeted at chemists and pharmacies in the merchant segment.
- Retailio is the country's largest B2B pharma marketplace.
- The co-branded credit card offers cashbacks on tax payments, reward points, and 5% Cashback on all Business essentials.
- The card also offers no-cost and low cost EMI options for all customers on their credit card.
Banking & Finance
14. RBI formed panel to review customer service standards in banks, NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India has set up a committee to review the efficacy, adequacy and quality of customer service in banks, NBFCs, and other entities regulated by it.
- The six-member committee headed by former RBI deputy governor B P Kanungo.
- He will submit a report within three months from the date of its first meeting.
- It will also review the evolving needs of the customer service landscape ( evolving digital/ electronic financial products and distribution landscape).
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card