2. Indian men's compound team win gold at Archery World Cup
- The Indian men’s compound archery team (Abhishek Verma, Aman Saini and Rajat Chauhan) has defeated France by 232-230 in the final to win gold medal at Archery World Cup stages in Gwangju, South Korea
- It was their second successive World Cup gold medal as the team had finished on the top step of the podium in Antalya, Turkey (April 2022).
- Archer Mohan Bhardwaj has also won silver medal in the World Cup.
- The Compound Mixed duo of Abhishek & Avneet Kaur win bronze.
Honours & Awards
3. Start-up Geniusenergy wins Amazon Smbhav ‘22 award
- Subhash Ola (Rajasthan innovator) has won the Amazon Smbhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022 award for saving energy in boilers by using recycling steam model.
- In addition, his enterprise “Geniusenergy Critical Innovation Private Limited” has also won the Start-up of the Year award.
- Geniusenergy Critical Innovation was incubated by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF).
- NIF is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology.
4. World's highest weather station installed on Mt. Everest
- An experts team from the National Geographic Society (NatGeo) has installed the “world’s highest weather station” on Mt. Everest at an altitude of 8,830 metres.
- The team was led by climate scientist Baker Perry from the Appalachian State University in the US.
- The automatic weather station was installed a few metres below the summit point (8,848.86 metres) as the snow and ice on the summit are not suitable for fixing equipment.
5. Railway Ministry approves project with IIT Madras on Hyperloop Technology
- Ashwini Vaishnaw (Union Minister of Railways, Communications) has approved Rs 8.34 crore collaborative project on Hyperloop Technology (high-speed transportation system) with the IIT Madras.
- Hyperloop is the 5th mode of transportation that travels in a near vacuum tube.
- The reduced air resistance allows the capsule inside the tube to reach speeds of more than 1,000 km/h.
- The model proposed by Team Avishkar can achieve a top speed of over 1,200 Km/hr.
Banking & Finance
6. NDB issues 7 billion yuan bond in China's interbank bond market
- New Development Bank (NDB) has issued an RMB-denominated bond of CNY 7 billion ($1.04 billion) in China's interbank bond market with a maturity of three years.
- The transaction is the largest ever Panda Bond issue by a Multilateral Development Bank (MDB).
- Upon the completion of the issuance, the NDB would have a cumulative total of RMB 30 bln bonds issued under its RMB bond programmes in the China Interbank Bond Market.
- NDB Headquartered: Shanghai
7. Adani Group acquires franchise in UAE’s T20 League
- Adani Group’s Adani Sportsline has acquired the rights to own and operate a franchise in UAE’s T20 League.
- Aim: To connect and engage with global fans from across the cricketing nations.
- UAE’s T20 League is an annual event which is licensed by Emirates Cricket Board.
- UAE’s T20 League feature six teams competing in a 34-match event which is likely to have top cricket players from the globe in the line-up of different teams.
Banking & Finance
8. World Bank announces $30 bn to address food security crisis
- The World Bank has announced to provide $30 billion financial aid in response to the ongoing food security crisis in the world.
- Areas: Agriculture, nutrition, social protection, water and irrigation will be available for implementation to address food insecurity over the next 15 months.
- The World Bank is working with countries on the preparation of $12 billion of new projects for the next 15 months.
National & International Appointments
9. Gyanesh appointed commissioner of unified Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- The Centre government has appointed 1998 batch IAS officer Gyanesh Bharti as the new commissioner of unified Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
- The Centre has appointed 1992 batch IAS officer Ashwani Kumar as the special officer in the unified MCD.
- He will take over the role of elected councillors and municipal committees till the fresh civic polls are held.
- The unified Municipal Corporation of Delhi comes into effect from May 22, 2022.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card