1. Max Verstappen wins 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix
- Netherland’s Max Verstappen (Red Bull) has won 2021 Mexico City Grand Prix, which is being held at Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico City.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) bagged second position, followed by Sergio Perez (Mexico- Red Bull).
- It was the 18th round of 2021 Formula One World Championship and marked the 21st edition of Mexican Grand Prix.
Arts & Culture
2. Srinagar joins UNESCO creative cities network
- Srinagar (summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir) has been selected to join UNESCO creative cities network (UCCN) for the vibrant cultural ethos of the old city
- It has been designated as a creative city of craft and folk arts by UNESCO
- Apart from it, 48 cities have been added to the network of 246 cities following their designation in recognition of their commitment to placing culture and creativity at the heart of their development.
- UNESCO HQs: Paris, France
3. National Legal Services Day: 9th November
- National Legal Services Day is being observed every year on 9th November in India by all Legal Services Authorities to commemorate the enactment of Legal Services Authorities Act 1987
- It was enacted on 11 October 1987, while the act was took effect on 9 November 1995
- Aim: To spread awareness about various provisions under Legal Services Authorities Act and right of the litigants.
- National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) was constituted to provide free Legal Services
Banking & Finance
4. SBI launches video life certificate service for pensioners
- SBI has come out with video life certificate service for pensioners, which is completely paperless and free of cost.
- This new facility will enable the pensioners to submit their life certificates through video at the comfort of their homes.
- However, it is only applicable for pensioners and not for family pensioners, which means that spouse of the pensioner receiving the government pension will not be able to use this facility
- Chairman of SBI: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Honours & Awards
5. SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Award 2020-21 conferred on 17 scientist
- Dept of Science & Technology has selected 17 scientists for the prestigious Swarnajayanti Fellowships 2020-21 award for their innovative research ideas and the potential of creating impact on R&D.
- Siddhesh Kamat
- Mousomi Bhakta
- Sakya Singha Sen
- Sridharan Devarajan
- Niti Kumar
- Nitin Gupta
- Modhu Sudan Maji
- Chandramouli Subramaniam
- The award consists of a Fellowship of Rs 25000/- per month for 5 years, along with research grant of Rs 5 lakh for 5 years
6. Centre amends the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules 2011
- Dept of Consumer Affairs has omitted Rule 5 of Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities), Rules 2011 defining Schedule II prescribing the pack sizes of various types of commodities to safeguard interest of consumers
- New provision has been introduced to indicate unit sale price on pre packed commodities, which will allow easier comparison of the prices of the commodities at the time of purchase.
- The amendments will come into effect from 1st April 2022.
Arts & Culture
7. National Museum celebrates Destination Northeast India initiative
- National Museum, New Delhi celebrated rich heritage of North East India, under Ministry of DoNER & NEC’s initiative titled as ‘Destination North East India’ as part of the celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- It is a 7-day online programme that includes Cultural performances (Folk Dance and Music ) of North-East India (Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim) both in online as well as offline format
- Ms Nazia Kamal hosted the programme.
8. Indian Army organized webinar ‘Indian Army Make Projects’
- Indian Army in collaboration with FICCI organized a webinar titled ‘Indian Army Make Projects’ on 8th November 2021.
- This was the 6th such webinar since the inception of the Make process in 2016.
- A booklet on ‘Army Make Projects 2021’ was also released.
- During webinar, Indian Army unveiled Six new ‘Make-II Projects’ with spanned technologies across unmanned systems, technologies to counter such systems as well as emerging solutions for augmenting air defence capabilities.
9. Department of Justice launches ‘Tele-Law on Wheels’ Campaign
- Department of Justice has started week-long ‘Tele-Law on Wheels’ campaign from 8th to 14th November 2021.
- As part of this campaign, series of activities are being undertaken to empower people through pre-litigation advice for rightfully claiming their entitlements and for timely redressal of their difficulties.
- Special Login week is also being organized for encouraging those in need to seek legal advice and consultation through tele-and video conferencing facilities
National & International Appointments
10. Zubeen Garg appointed as brand ambassador of Bandhan Bank in Assam
- Indian singer, actor, composer, Zubeen Garg has been appointed as the brand ambassador for Bandhan Bank in Assam.
- This is the 1st time ever that Bandhan Bank has on-boarded a brand ambassador
- As a part of this collaboration, Zubeen has launched brand-new music video titled ‘Axom Amar Mone Praane’, which highlights diverse elements of Assamese culture and heritage.
- The song and video have been produced in collaboration with Bandhan Bank
- Bandhan Bank headquarters: Kolkata
Arts & Culture
11. Ministry of Tourism and I&B hold Film Tourism Symposium in Mumbai
- Ministry of Tourism in association with Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has organized Symposium on Film Tourism at Taj Lands’ End, Mumbai
- Aim: to promote Film Tourism by exploring opportunities available in the states for conducting film shootings.
- Film Tourism: It refers to the growing interest among general public for the places which became popular owing to their presence in certain scenes of movies.
12. Training Modules of Central Sector Plan Scheme released
- Union Minister Virendra Kumar has released Training Modules of Central Sector Plan Scheme ‘In-service Training & Sensitization of Key functionaries of Central & State Governments and Local Bodies’ in New
- Rehabilitation Council India (RCI) is the nodal agency for implementation of Central Sector Plan Scheme at national level
- RCI has developed target groups wise separate Training Modules in Hindi and English, which will be translated in regional languages as well.
Banking & Finance
13. Brickwork Ratings projects India’s GDP at 10-10.5% in FY2022
- Domestic credit rating agency Brickwork Ratings has projected gross domestic product (GDP) of India at 10-10.5% in the current financial year 2021-22 (FY22).
- Earlier this was estimated at 9%.
- India’s GDP grew at 20.1% in the first quarter of fiscal 2022.
- Brickwork Ratings: SEBI registered Credit Rating Agency.
- Headquarters of Brickwork Ratings: Bengaluru.