1. Tamil Nadu win 3rd Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in New Delhi
- Tamil Nadu has won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy title in New Delhi, defeating Karnataka in a thrilling last-over chase
- Tamil Nadu became the most successful team as they won their 3rd title
- Batsman Shahrukh Khan pulled off a stunning heist as he hit 33 runs of 15-ball, including a last-ball six when Tamil Nadu needed 5 runs in the last delivery of their 152-run chase.
- 2021 was the 13th edition of Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (Twenty20 competition of India).
Banking & Finance
2. ICICI Bank launches Trade Emerge’ for exporters and importers
- ICICI Bank has launched an online platform called as ‘Trade Emerge’ for Indian exporters and importers to offer them digital banking and value-added services.
- Through this platform, cross-border trade will become hassle-free, expeditious and convenient
- This is due to an array of services offered in one place, facilitating companies to coordinate with multiple touchpoints.
- Exporters and importers who are not customers of ICICI Bank can also avail the benefit.
3. 37th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) held
- The 37th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) is being held in the Indian Ocean region (IOR) from 23rd to 24th November 2021.
- Indigenously built Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khanjar and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft is participating in the CORPAT
- Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin, (376) is participating from Indonesia
- It was conducted for the first time in 2002
- CORPAT is held twice in a year to ensure safety and security.
4. Biennial trilateral exercise ‘Dosti’ underway for IOR stablility
- The 15th edition of biennial trilateral exercise ‘Dosti’ by the coast guard forces of Maldives, India and Sri Lanka is underway in Maldives from 20th to 24th November
- ICGS Vajra and ICGS Apoorva, and Sri Lanka Coast Guard’s SLCGS Suraksha participated in the exercise.
- It was introduced in 1991 between Indian and Maldives. Sri Lanka joined the exercise in 2012
- Aim: to strengthen friendship, enhance mutual operational capabilities, interoperability, cooperation
5. NITI Aayog releases SDG Urban Index and Dashboard 2021–22
- NITI Aayog under Indo-German Cooperation has released Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Urban Index and Dashboard 2021–22
- It ranks 56 urban areas on 77 SDG indicators across 46 targets of SDG framework
- Shimla tops the Index followed by Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Thiruvananthapuram
- Worst performers: Patna, Guwahati, Itanagar, Meerut, Dhanbad
- Urban areas have been classified as:
- Aspirant: 0–49
- Performer: 50–64
- Front-Runner: 65–99
- Achiever: 100
Honours & Awards
6. 49th edition of International Emmy Awards conferred in New York
- The 49th edition of International Emmy Awards has been held in New York City to recognize excellence in television programs produced and aired originally outside the U.S., and non-English language US primetime program.
- Till date, only Indian show to bag an Emmy is Delhi Crime which won Best Drama in 2020
- Best Actor: David Tennant for Des (UK)
- Best Actress: Hayley Squires for Adult Material (UK)
- Best Drama Series: Tehran
- Best Comedy Series: Call My Agent Season 4
7. AIM, Vigyan Prasar collaborates to drive ATL and Engage With Science
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has collaborated with Vigyan Prasar to drive synergies between AIM’s Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) and Vigyan Prasar’s unique interactivity platform, Engage With Science (EWS).
- Engage with Science: It will onboard all 9200+ ATL-enabled schools and engage their students, teachers and Principals in perennial activities
- It will lead to accumulation of points based on which certificates and incentives will be provided
8. Jitendra Singh inaugurates separate Bench of CAT at Srinagar
- Union Minister, Jitendra Singh has inaugurated a separate Bench of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) at Srinagarto deal exclusively with service matters of govt employees
- After this, DoPT- CAT, CIC and CVC are fully functional in UTs of J&K and Ladakh
- Jurisdiction of Jammu Bench of CAT extends up to 10 districts of UT of J&K and Leh from UT of Ladakh, while jurisdiction of Srinagar Bench extends up to 10 districts of UT of J&K and Kargil from Ladakh
9. Railway Minister announces introduction of ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
- Minister of Railways, Ashwini Vaishnaw has announced the introduction of theme-based tourist circuit trains ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’ to tap the vast tourism potential of India
- Service Provider will be free to decide theme like Guru Kripa trains for covering important places of Sikh culture, Ramayana trains for places connected with Lord Shri Ram etc.
- Service Provider will offer all-inclusive package to tourist.
- These trains will have 14 to 20 coaches
Summits & Conferences
10. ECI organizes conference of Chief Electoral Officers from all States/UTs
- Election Commission of India has organized a conference with Chief Electoral Officers of all States/UTs in New Delhi
- Aim: to discuss and review various thematic issues related to Electoral Roll, Polling Stations, ongoing Special Summary Revision, IT Applications, timely resolution of grievances, EVMs/VVPATs, training & capacity building of polling staff, media & communication & extensive voter outreach program amongst others.
11. Ministry of Civil Aviation, ISB signs MoU to analyze RCS on air travel
- Indian School of Business (ISB) has signed MoU with Ministry of Civil Aviation to undertake research to analyze the effect of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) on commercial air travel
- This MoU marks the extension of the socio-economic impact study of UDAN scheme conducted by ISB pro-bono basis in 2020.
- RCS was launched in 2016 to stimulate regional air connectivity. It will be jointly funded by the central government and state governments.
Summits & Conferences
12. Aadhaar 2.0- Ushering Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance
- Union Minister has inaugurated 3-day workshop titled as ‘Aadhaar 2.0- Ushering the Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance’ at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- It will also be telecast live on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook handles of UIDAI.
- It is considering Aadhaar as a Trusted ID as a platform and method for delivering innovative digital solutions.
- It also focuses on strategies of Aadhaar that can strengthen and simplify its service delivery.
13. India signs MoU wit World Bank to improve quality of learning
- Government of India, Andhra Pradesh and World Bank has signed the legal agreements for $250 million for a project to improve quality of learning for over 50 lakh students in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Students from all grades and stages of school education will benefit from the project.
- Beneficiaries are about 40 lakh students (between the age of six and fourteen) in over 45,000 government schools, and over 10 lakh children