National & International Appointments
1. Rajeev Srivastava appointed as CEO of Standard Chartered Securities India
- Rajeev Srivastava has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Standard Chartered Securities for India (SCSI) operations.
- His appointment is currently subject to regulatory approvals
- Prior to this, he worked at HDFC Securities where he headed the products and business development functions of the organization.
- SCSI: It is a leading broking company and is registered as a trading and clearing member with BSE and NSE.
2. Odisha government launches road safety initiative ‘Rakshak’
- Odisha govt has launched a first of its kind road safety initiative named as ‘Rakshak’, to train first responders of road accidents.
- Under Rakshak, 300 master trainers will train 30,000 local people, staying or working at the eateries and different business establishments located near accident-prone spots.
- These 30,000 volunteers will be trained as First Responders to road accidents
- They will be equipped to administer first aid and pre-hospital trauma care.
National & International Appointments
3. Nykaa CEO Falguni Nayar becomes India’s richest self-made woman
- CEO and founder of Nykaa, Falguni Nayar has become the richest self-made woman in India.
- She established Nykaa in 2012.
- She holds 53.5% stake in Nykaa and has a net worth of USD 7.48 billion.
- This comes after the IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures which is Nykaa’s parent entity. This is also the first woman-led unicorn to list on the stock exchange.
- The issue size of IPO of FSN E-Commerce Ventures (Nykaa) was Rs 5,351.92 crore with face-value of Rs 1 per share
4. India’s National Yogasana Sports Championships organized in Bhubaneswar
- First Physical National Yogasana Championships of India has been organized in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 11th to 13th November 2021.
- It has been organized by National Yogasana Sports Federation (NYSF) in association with the Odisha state.
- Around 560 young Yogasana Sports athletes from across 30 states would are participating in the event.
- Aim: to promote yoga and create a global brand around it, portraying it as a competitive sport with high standards and benchmarks
5. Novak Djokovic beat Daniil Medvedev to win 2021 Paris Masters title
- Novak Djokovic has won 2021 Rolex Paris Masters final title, after defeating Daniil Medvedev by 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in Tennis
- This is the sixth Paris Masters title for the Serbian Djokovic and overall 37th ATP Masters 1000 title.
- Rolex Paris Masters: It is the annual tennis tournament for male professional players.
- It is a part of the ATP Tour Masters 1000.
- Novak Djokovic will end the year as the top ranked player for a record seventh time
6. World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- World Pneumonia Day is observed every year on November 12 across the world to raise awareness, promote prevention and treatment and produce action to combat the disease.
- It was first celebrated in 2009.
- Pneumonia: Any infection causing an inflammatory response in the lung. Though the majority of pneumonia is caused by bacterial infections, viral infections like influenza or COVID 19 virus can also affect the lungs and can cause serious inflammatory damage
Science & Technology
7. SpaceX launches Indian-origin astronaut Raja Chari-led Crew 3 mission
- US Space agency NASA and SpaceX have launched Crew 3 mission named Endurance fixed to Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida
- Under this mission, 4 astronauts have been sent to International Space Station (ISS) for a six-month science mission until April 2022
- Crew 3 mission (NASA’s Tom Marshburn (pilot); and Kayla Barron, ESA astronaut Matthias Maurer) consists of Indian-origin NASA astronaut Raja Chari as its mission commander.
Summits & Conferences
8. President Kovind addresses 51st Conference of Governors & LGs in Delhi
- India’s President Ram Nath Kovind has addressed 51st Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- It is the 4th conference to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind
- Governors and Lt Governors from all states and union territories across the country attended the conference.
- Previous conference was held in 2019
- Conference of governors is being held since Independence.
- First conference of governors was held in 1949
9. Nobel Laureate and former South African President FW de Klerk passes away
- Former president of South Africa and the last white person to head the country, Frederik Willem de Klerk (85 years) passed away due to cancer.
- De Klerk and Nelson Mandela jointly received the Nobel Peace Prize for their work towards ending apartheid in 1993
- He was a South African politician, who served as state president from September 1989 to May 1994 and as deputy president from 1994 to 1996.
10. Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia launches e-GCA
- Union Minster of Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya M. Scindia has launched GCA (e-Governance in Directorate General of Civil Aviation)
- This project has been aimed at automation of the processes and functions of DGCA, with 99 services covering about 70% of the DGCA work being implemented in the initial phases, and 198 services to be covered in other phases.
- It is a single window platform and will bring in monumental change- eliminating operational inefficiencies, etc.
11. Bhadrachalam added as a destination in the IRCTC’s Ramayana Circuit train
- Bhadarchalam of Telangana state has been included as one of the destinations in the Ramayana Circuit of the Pilgrim Special Train of IRCTC
- Ramayana Circuit train will start from New Delhi to Rameswaram and stop at various important places associated with the life of Lord Sri Rama.
- Bhadrachalam has the huge 17th-century Bhadrachalam (or Sita Ramachandraswamy) Temple complex of Lord Rama and has many ornate carvings. Other nearby temples include Abhaya Anjaneya Temple.
Banking & Finance
12. New RBI scheme to enable retail investors to invest in government securitie
- Central bank of India is all set to unveil RBI Retail Direct scheme through which retail investors can easily access government securities market, both primary and secondary online.
- It will also allow the investors to open and maintain their gilt securities accounts online with the RBI without any extra charges. (G-sec).
- G-secs are the debt instruments (bonds and treasury bills) issued by the Reserve Bank of India on behalf of the central government.
National & International Appointments
13. Ashwini Kumar Choubey chairs Conference of PCCF / Head of Forest Force
- Union Minister, Ashwini Kumar Choubey has chaired conference of Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) / Head of Forest Force (HoFF).
- Conference has been organized by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change to discuss various forestry and wildlife issues for coming up with solutions and innovative ideas to meet both local and global challenges.
- Second part of this conference will be held on 15th November 2021.
14. CBIC launches digital application for scheduling of cargo examination
- CBIC has launched online digital application for scheduling of examination of Important cargo for traders at ICD Tughlakabad, Delhi with the aim of minimising physical interface of trade with Customs and other stakeholders.
- It is a multi-stakeholder application where Customs, CONCOR, Customs brokers, importers on the same platform having shared view of scheduling examination of goods.
- It will ensure fullest transparency alongside of convenience for trade, stakeholders