1. India successfully tests high-speed expendable aerial target Abhyas
- India has successfully tested the indigenously developed, high-speed expendable aerial target (HEAT), 'ABHYAS' from the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur, Odisha.
- It can be used as an aerial target for evaluating various missile systems.
- It is developed and designed by Aeronautical Development Establishment, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- ABHYAS has been programmed for fully autonomous flight.
- DRDO chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy; HQ: New Delhi
National & International Appointments
2. PESB selected Sandeep Kumar Gupta as a next chairman of GAIL
- The Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) has selected Sandeep Kumar Gupta as the head of India's largest gas utility GAIL (India) Ltd.
- He will replace Manoj Jain, who will be retired on August 31, 2022.
- He has more than 31 years of working experience at Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
- He is working as a Director (Finance) of IOC since August 3, 2019.
- If his appointment approved by ACC, then he will hold the office till February 2026.
- GAIL HQ: New Delhi
Science & Technology
3. ISRO to launch rocket PSLV-C53, carrying three Singapore satellites
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is ready to launch the rocket PSLV-C53 with three Singapore satellites on 30th June, from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.
- PSLV-C53, is the second dedicated commercial mission of the NewSpace India Limited, Department of Space.
- Primary payloads: 365 kg earth observation satellite called DS-EO, a 155 kg NeuSAR satellite and the 2.8 kg Scoob-1 nano-satellite of the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
4. NITI Aayog launches report on Future Penetration of Electric Two-Wheelers
- NITI Aayog and TIFAC have launched a report titled ‘Forecasting Penetration of Electric Two-Wheelers in India’.
- Total eight scenarios have been for analyzing the future penetration of electric two-wheelers in the country.
- Optimistic scenario Forecasts: 100% penetration of electric two-wheelers in the Indian market by FY 2026–27.
- TIFAC, is an autonomous organization set up in 1988 under the Department of Science & Technology.
Banking & Finance
5. Airtel Payments Bank partners Axis Bank to digitise the cash collection
- Airtel Payments Bank has joined hands with Axis Bank to digitize the cash collection system.
- Region: India's tier III cities and semi-urban regions.
- Axis Bank to build operational efficiencies in the cash management process, speed up the payment cycle
- It helps in releasing the bandwidth of field agents who operate across the country.
- Agents can deposit the amount at any Airtel Payments Bank outlet, amount will be transferred to the Axis Bank accounts.
Science & Technology
6. NASA launches CAPSTONE to evaluate new orbit for Artemis Moon Missions
- The first step of NASA’s CubeSat mission to the Moon has been successfully completed in space.
- It was built to test a novel lunar orbit.
- The Cislunar Autonomous Positioning System Technology Operations and Navigation Experiment (CAPSTONE) mission has been launched on Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket from the Rocket Lab Launch Complex, New Zealand.
- CAPSTONE is currently in low orbit of Earth and will take four months to reach its targeted lunar orbit.
7. Telangana government inaugurates T-Hub 2.0, innovation centre in Hyderabad
- Telangana CM, K Chandrashekhar Rao has inaugurated the T-Hub 2.0, nation's leading innovation and startup catalyst.
- This facility will support over 2000 startups under one roof, with a total built-up area of 5,82,689 sq. ft, making it the world’s largest innovation campus.
- With the help of this hub, young Indians launch their startups with a collaborative innovation ecosystem.
- Recently, Telangana has been placed among top-10 global ecosystems for 'affordable talent'.
8. Japan's Renesas partners with Tata Motors to develop chip solutions
- Japanese chipmaker, Renesas Electronics Corp has joined hands with Tata Motors, formed a strategic partnership to design, develop and manufacture semiconductor solutions for domestic and global markets.
- Renesas will also work with Tejas Networks (subsidiary of Tata Group company) on wireless network solutions including 5G.
- In March 2022, the next-generation EV Innovation Center (NEVIC) was jointly set up by the Renesas and Tata Elxsi (Tata Group).
9. Union Minister Arjun Munda launches GOAL 2.0 programme in New Delhi
- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda has launched the second phase of the Going Online As Leaders (GOAL) Programme in New Delhi.
- The GOAL 1.0 has changed the lives of tribal youth through the digital mentorship programme.
- This programme will also create a platform for Self-Help Groups and ten lakh families associated with TRIFED to take their products global.
- Aim: To digitally upskill the youth from tribal communities of the country.
Honours & Awards
10. Odisha govt wins first prize in 2022 National MSME Award
- Odisha's MSME Department has been awarded first prize in the category “National MSME Award 2022" to States/UTs for their outstanding contribution in the promotion and Development of MSME Sector.
- Bihar and Haryana have been placed second and third respectively.
- Kalahandi, Odisha won third prize in the category of Aspirational districts for outstanding contribution in the promotion and development of MSME Sector.
Banking & Finance
11. SEBI imposes monetary penalty of ₹7 cr on NSE
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India has imposed a penalty of 7 crore on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and 5 crore on Chitra Ramkrishna (former CEO of the exchange) in the dark fibre case.
- The market regulator has also penalized Anand Subramanian (former group operating officer) and Ravi Varanasi (current CBD officer), 5 crore each.
- Sampark Infotainment, Way2Wealth Brokers and GKN Securities have been fined 3 crore, 6 crore and 5 crore, respectively.
12. The Centralized Pay System, PADMA for Indian Coast Guard launched
- Rajnish Kumar, Controller General of Defence Accounts (CGDA), Ministry of Defence has launched the Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances (PADMA).
- PADMA is an automated Pay & Allowances module for the Indian Coast Guard.
- It is developed under the aegis of Defense Accounts Department.
- It will be operated by Pay Accounts Office Coast Guard, Noida.
- ICG Director General: Virender Singh Pathania
- Founded: 1 February 1977
13. International Asteroid Day: 30th June
- World Asteroid Day is observed annually on June 30 to raise the awareness about the asteroid hazardous impact.
- In December 2016, UNGA has adopted resolution A/RES/71/90 to declare 30 June International Asteroid Day.
- This day marked the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on 30 June 1908.
- The General Assembly’s decision was made based on a proposal by the Association of Space Explorers.